Gilmour | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gilmour

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I wonder if there is something about Kenny that we are not seeing. Often, when he is singled out for criticism, I see worse performance elsewhere yet that seems to be brushed under the carpet.
I criticise many players when I feel they are have been playing poorly and I've also pointed out when I feel McLean (and others) has done well in a game (it's a rare occurrence but she it happens I make mention of it).

McLean has come out and blamed the fans over shit performances. He should look more closely at his own garbage performances. Fans won’t criticise players if they give 100%. You McLean , Gilmour and rest of them are to blame for our humiliations , NOT the fans

Have you got a link? I am interested to see what he had to say.

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I wonder if there is something about Kenny that we are not seeing. Often, when he is singled out for criticism, I see worse performance elsewhere yet that seems to be brushed under the carpet.

I agree that he hasn't been the worst player on the pitch every week but it's a bit like how fans tend to like a player who is a solid 7 out of 10 every week even without them ever being the best player on the pitch, just in reverse.

It's the length of time he has been sub par that I think has gotten to people which then leads to you looking for the mistakes which in turn will add to the disappointment. The first time we won the Championship under Farke he was very good for us and when he first came in during the following Prem season he looked decent too but since then he has slipped in quality.

I think it goes back to what I said about the lack of depth of our midfield and not having any obvious swaps for Mclean and Gimour when I think they could possibly benefit from being taken out of the public eye for a couple of games.

Reactions: Rex
Cheers DG, I wonder if he will be saying the same for Sargent and Kabak who aren't that much older than Gilmour? I think fair enough to stick up for him as that is a good sign on unit in the squad but going for the fans is daft.

It's funny to see how basically all the media and apparently some of the team have decided it isn't his wayward passes or his lack of goals, assists or chances created that is the issues, it is in fact that is just too good for us that's the issue.
I've seen places mention that statistically he is our best player but don't mention which stats they are using to define this.

Cheers DG, I wonder if he will be saying the same for Sargent and Kabak who aren't that much older than Gilmour? I think fair enough to stick up for him as that is a good sign on unit in the squad but going for the fans is daft.

It's funny to see how basically all the media and apparently some of the team have decided it isn't his wayward passes or his lack of goals, assists or chances created that is the issues, it is in fact that is just too good for us that's the issue.
I've seen places mention that statistically he is our best player but don't mention which stats they are using to define this.
Best at losing possession in central areas!!

Is it me or has the singing 'fuck off back to Chelsea ' been taken way over the top?

Big article in the Times about how norwich fans are annoying and Gilmour needs to get out of the club as our fans keep using him as a scapegoat.....hmmmm it was only a month or so ago all our fans we singing for Gilmour to play and when he did get on we cheered.

Now he has been playing badly (along with the rest) we sing to let them know how we feel yet we are being made out to be horrible and blind to the fact we have a 'world class' player.

How many players get slagged off without this media attention?

Alyson Rudd in the Times write that we have taken it too far and as a club we have been highly annoying this season and we aren't endearing ourselves to the premiership and other fans....what is she on about? She says that we have been targeting Gilmour as the scapegoat for our poor season. She then makes out that the palace fans are so much better because no one shouted fuck off back to Chelsea to Gallagher.....because he has been one of their best performers, he wasn't playing against us and palace aren't bottom, they can score and can win games

She does make a good point that we already know that she thought we'd come back up stronger and learn from the mistakes of last time but in fact we look worse and have nothing special about us. She writes norwich have no philosophy, no camaraderie and no top players

I like the way people take it upon themselves to assume that their views are shared by everyone other than our fans.
Also wrapping all fans into the same bucket. I'm sure there are a lot of norwich fans who weren't signing at the time and still think Gilmour is amazing.

I was watching him playing for Scotland. For much of the match he was nondescript at best but then produced a couple of amazing moves.
For Norwich, the amazing is more rare. Probably a reflection of the opposition.

Question

Did we actually make an offer for Skipp in the summer? Anyone know? I know tgere was a pick of Skipp and partner looking at houses but tgere could have been many reason for that if it was even genuine.