20220219 PL PREDICTOR Thread - Manchester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Vital Football

20220219 PL PREDICTOR Thread - Manchester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're financial cheats and have been for a long time now, of course we'll lose but I won't be crying about it as we should all know how they've won by now.

3-0 to the cheats.
I always wonder what it can be like to be a fan of these Clubs. Many have been life long fans, and were so long before the money barons came along. Can those same fans deep down have any genuine satisfaction from the success that the Club has had in recent years, albeit I'm sure that they get a lot of enjoyment from the football they watch.

I always wonder what it can be like to be a fan of these Clubs. Many have been life long fans, and were so long before the money barons came along. Can those same fans deep down have any genuine satisfaction from the success that the Club has had in recent years, albeit I'm sure that they get a lot of enjoyment from the football they watch.

IN fairness, much like us City were second best in Manchester for a very long time, and the old lifelong fans used to come from a very tight area in Manchester - now my City friends tell me they come from far and wide and have more 'glory hunters' than he's ever known.

The old fans obviously do love the football they play, and they like that the club are supporting inwards investment in the area around the stadium - as was once said to me (I paraphrase) 'let's face it no one else would'.

Most accept that the new owners are guilty of financial doping and associated sponsor cheating by inflating deals, but of course, rationalise it by that the big European clubs have been doing it for years (which is true) e.g. if it wasn't for Audi Bayern Munich would have financially imploded decades ago as their football-related income never got close to how much 'support' they'd get from increased contributions from Audi and BMW..the same goes for Real Madrid who through various nefarious deals have had the state of Spain/Madrid with sweet-heart financial deal and financing like no other club on the continent..

I could go on and on.

Basically, the older fans have long ago accepted that they couldn't care less what their owners do as long as they keep digging deep and chucking money at them, it brings success, and let's be honest we have our own share of fans who couldn't give a damn and are only interested in having owners who are prepared to do whatever it takes.

Personally, I will always call them cheats and live in the hope that sooner or later the authorities will fully accept the long-term damage they've done to the PL/Europe and football in general and act accordingly.

IN fairness, much like us City were second best in Manchester for a very long time, and the old lifelong fans used to come from a very tight area in Manchester - now my City friends tell me they come from far and wide and have more 'glory hunters' than he's ever known.

The old fans obviously do love the football they play, and they like that the club are supporting inwards investment in the area around the stadium - as was once said to me (I paraphrase) 'let's face it no one else would'.

Most accept that the new owners are guilty of financial doping and associated sponsor cheating by inflating deals, but of course, rationalise it by that the big European clubs have been doing it for years (which is true) e.g. if it wasn't for Audi Bayern Munich would have financially imploded decades ago as their football-related income never got close to how much 'support' they'd get from increased contributions from Audi and BMW..the same goes for Real Madrid who through various nefarious deals have had the state of Spain/Madrid with sweet-heart financial deal and financing like no other club on the continent..

I could go on and on.

Basically, the older fans have long ago accepted that they couldn't care less what their owners do as long as they keep digging deep and chucking money at them, it brings success, and let's be honest we have our own share of fans who couldn't give a damn and are only interested in having owners who are prepared to do whatever it takes.

Personally, I will always call them cheats and live in the hope that sooner or later the authorities will fully accept the long-term damage they've done to the PL/Europe and football in general and act accordingly.
The days are long gone since we were accused of buying the League and Cup double by virtue of being able to spend more than anybody else. Must confess I didn't feel too badly about it at the time.

4-0 City.

They are 3-0 up by half time, looking all at sea with Davies and Sanchez losing their marbles yet again.

We will cheer a much improved performance in the second half after Conte changed to a back four.

Status
Not open for further replies.