The January Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 99 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let's hope its not a communication issue.

Newcastle "Wish we could get Ings but they would never sell"
Villa "wish we could off-load Ings but Newcastle wouldn't be interested"

Obligated Loan deal - £35m if they stay up. £15m if they don't. £25m if promoted in first season after relegation. £20m if second season.

Yep CB and a CM/ DM = job done.

Papers etc pushing really hard for us to buy Bissouma.
Personally I think it would a monumental mistake to buy him.
My reason, yes singular, is that when Marv comes back, we'd have two DM's who would be off to the AFCON CUP every year, which would mean we'd have to buy a third DM just to cover for them being away.
Seems a silly thing to do.

My reason, yes singular, is that when Marv comes back, we'd have two DM's who would be off to the AFCON CUP every year, which would mean we'd have to buy a third DM just to cover for them being away.

Isn't AFCON only two PL matches? I'm fairly sure Salah is only expected to miss two matches.

Or just sell Marv. He hasn't really put a foot wrong really and has played well. But if we really really want to push for top 6 he isnt good enough. He is fine if we want to hover around 12th/13th.
Same goes for luiz in my opinion. Fine for mid table mediocrity.

For starters the AFCON is held every 2 years, not every year.

Secondly, from the next tournament onwards they have agreed to hold it in June/July rather than January to not interfere with the leagues.

It'll basically run alongside the Euros

For starters the AFCON is held every 2 years, not every year.

Secondly, from the next tournament onwards they have agreed to hold it in June/July rather than January to not interfere with the leagues.

It'll basically run alongside the Euros

It’s good these footballing governing bodies read this forum and take decisive action to my question asking “why is it in January?” :LOL:

Doubt if Ings would want to go. Some Newcastle linked players are saying they don't fancy a relegation scrap. Similar to Rashica who turned us down and is now playing for.......Man City isn't it??? :loser:

Why are people so keen to send Ings to Newcastle? First of all I wouldnt want to do anything to help them out and possibly see them scramble away from relegation. Secondly, after spending all last season complaining about a lack of back up for Watkins and needing an alternative, we now want to go back to that same situation. Ings doesnt charge about pressing defenders as well as Ollie, but he is a far better finisher. With the signings of Coutinho and Digne I'm hoping he will start being fed far more chances than he's been getting so far. If we're a goal down with 15 minutes to go, he's a pretty decent striker to be bringing off the bench.

Why are people so keen to send Ings to Newcastle? First of all I wouldnt want to do anything to help them out and possibly see them scramble away from relegation. Secondly, after spending all last season complaining about a lack of back up for Watkins and needing an alternative, we now want to go back to that same situation. Ings doesnt charge about pressing defenders as well as Ollie, but he is a far better finisher. With the signings of Coutinho and Digne I'm hoping he will start being fed far more chances than he's been getting so far. If we're a goal down with 15 minutes to go, he's a pretty decent striker to be bringing off the bench.
Maybe my fault joking about selling him to Newcastle. Like I said we don't need to sell anyone and as for him being a backup for Watkins does anyone think Ings might just be the better option at CF. There seems to be a fixation that Ollie is some kind of. I don't really know what to call him but being a grafter is often a cover-up for lack of ability.
I've worked with loads that outwork me because they don't have the brains to work smarter

Status
Not open for further replies.