Good Morning Thread | Page 397 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning all , another fine start to the day .

So I’ve not done any damage to the ACL , Ive damaged the soft tissues.
X-rays showed only historic arthritis problems , nothing new . All the fuzzy edges on the photo showed that my Patella and Tibia have arthritis , which is what I’ve upset .

I said I’ve never had Arthritis in my knees . She said everyone over the age of twenty five has arthritis in their joints .
Who knew …………… I ve just upset mine ……… well I would , wouldn’t I !
So it’s light exercise , a series of exercises designed to get me back to be in contention for the latter part of the season , pain killers and if it’s no better in a month , physio . ……. That will be a larf !

The allotment will take a back seat for a while .

You see some poor souls in these Minor Injury Units , it took me back a few years . People with their kids , still in football
shirts and shorts, ……a young woman , limping around , still carrying her hockey stick ,…..somebody else sat there …. blood on her face from a head wound . . Another old bloke , like me , who had stubbed his Smokey Joes and thought he had broken two of them . ……Me and me chips and peas . …..Didn’t we have a laugh .

The biggest poster on the wall , the ones you read over and over as you sit there , waiting ………...was the one that warned you that you still had to pay your car parking fees .

You have to judge how long you are going to be , before you go in to the hospital, and put enough money in the machine to cover your time .
Yeah , of course …. At a pound an hour . Pathetic isn’t it .

I put a pound in , as a goodwill gesture , and was willing to argue my case later , …. I was there two and a half hours but nobody had put a parking sticker on my car .
If I hadn't got a bad knee I would have given a hop skip and jump in celebration at getting away with it .
I’m still chuffed now . !

I’m not sure what you do if you are under the X-ray machine as your time runs out on the car park ticket .

They have a machine there now where you have to put your number plate details in before you pay so that you can’t give your ticket to somebody else , if you have paid for longer than you stayed .

It prints your registration details bigger that the amount you have paid .
I had to limp back to my car , which didn’t do my knee any good , because I couldn’t remember mine ….. I knew the first bit , the two letters and the two numbers which details the area you live in and how old the car is , …..but I couldn’t remember the last three letters.

I had the same problem in Tesco's the other week .

Great getting old ennit …. I can remember the number plates of the second car I ever had , 55 years ago , Ford Consul …2453 MC … then my third car , Vauxhall 368 XMF.
Can’t remember my first car though , it was an A35 van , absolute death trap. No insurance , Tax or anything . Those were the days .

So I suppose I’ve got a result with my knee , no operation , just exercise and pain killers to stop me limping , because that’s important , apparently . Cos if you limp you put pressure on other bits that don’t hurt at the moment . Who knew ?
I will stop bleating on about my knee now . … and hospitals .. and car parks … kin ell , I’m getting old ….. Hod ! I know ….. I am old .

look after each other.
Afternoon all, esp you Walt, you finally got there then, had a check up, pretty good news really, ok Arthritis is not that good, but it happens to most of us oldies, but hey! a bit of light exercise and pain killers if required, so not a bad trip to the WM eh!

Am off in a mo to do my Sunday chores, wildies, aviary, general back garden check out, then indoors get the Sunday dinner on, Pork n roasties today, not forgetting the veg then a bottle or two of London Pride with tv on, sit n wait for our game today.

Ta Ta all, hope you all have a great rest of day, and enjoy the game this after'.
Cheers all. Come On You Spurs.

Afternoon all, esp you Walt, you finally got there then, had a check up, pretty good news really, ok Arthritis is not that good, but it happens to most of us oldies, but hey! a bit of light exercise and pain killers if required, so not a bad trip to the WM eh!

Am off in a mo to do my Sunday chores, wildies, aviary, general back garden check out, then indoors get the Sunday dinner on, Pork n roasties today, not forgetting the veg then a bottle or two of London Pride with tv on, sit n wait for our game today.

Ta Ta all, hope you all have a great rest of day, and enjoy the game this after'.
Cheers all. Come On You Spurs.

Daily Turmeric (must have black pepper mixed in its content to help the body digest it) capsules are worth taking.....arthritis is not so prevalent in countries that use large amounts of turmeric in their cooking. It is not a cure it is a preventer. I started to get 'arthur' on both my index fingers with the tops starting to become crooked. I started turmeric daily about three years ago and not had any further bending or other digits or toes succumbing. ...and will continue to take it for rest of my days I imagine.

Greavsie thanks, great info especially for the unknowing lol! I have been taking Tumeric in pill form, daily, and use it in cooking for a long time now, got the advice many years ago from a diet expert in the gym I used to use.

So a conundrum! what gives with me? as the Physio I have just seen said he suspects minor "arther" in my knee, typical moir I suppose, its probably more about the abuse succumbed whilst lifting heavy weights as in Squats n Deadlifts lol!

But your advice regards Tumeric is regarded as very true.

Good morning all , another fine start to the day .

So I’ve not done any damage to the ACL , Ive damaged the soft tissues.
X-rays showed only historic arthritis problems , nothing new . All the fuzzy edges on the photo showed that my Patella and Tibia have arthritis , which is what I’ve upset .

I said I’ve never had Arthritis in my knees . She said everyone over the age of twenty five has arthritis in their joints .
Who knew …………… I ve just upset mine ……… well I would , wouldn’t I !
So it’s light exercise , a series of exercises designed to get me back to be in contention for the latter part of the season , pain killers and if it’s no better in a month , physio . ……. That will be a larf !

The allotment will take a back seat for a while .

You see some poor souls in these Minor Injury Units , it took me back a few years . People with their kids , still in football
shirts and shorts, ……a young woman , limping around , still carrying her hockey stick ,…..somebody else sat there …. blood on her face from a head wound . . Another old bloke , like me , who had stubbed his Smokey Joes and thought he had broken two of them . ……Me and me chips and peas . …..Didn’t we have a laugh .

The biggest poster on the wall , the ones you read over and over as you sit there , waiting ………...was the one that warned you that you still had to pay your car parking fees .

You have to judge how long you are going to be , before you go in to the hospital, and put enough money in the machine to cover your time .
Yeah , of course …. At a pound an hour . Pathetic isn’t it .

I put a pound in , as a goodwill gesture , and was willing to argue my case later , …. I was there two and a half hours but nobody had put a parking sticker on my car .
If I hadn't got a bad knee I would have given a hop skip and jump in celebration at getting away with it .
I’m still chuffed now . !

I’m not sure what you do if you are under the X-ray machine as your time runs out on the car park ticket .

They have a machine there now where you have to put your number plate details in before you pay so that you can’t give your ticket to somebody else , if you have paid for longer than you stayed .

It prints your registration details bigger that the amount you have paid .
I had to limp back to my car , which didn’t do my knee any good , because I couldn’t remember mine ….. I knew the first bit , the two letters and the two numbers which details the area you live in and how old the car is , …..but I couldn’t remember the last three letters.

I had the same problem in Tesco's the other week .

Great getting old ennit …. I can remember the number plates of the second car I ever had , 55 years ago , Ford Consul …2453 MC … then my third car , Vauxhall 368 XMF.
Can’t remember my first car though , it was an A35 van , absolute death trap. No insurance , Tax or anything . Those were the days .

So I suppose I’ve got a result with my knee , no operation , just exercise and pain killers to stop me limping , because that’s important , apparently . Cos if you limp you put pressure on other bits that don’t hurt at the moment . Who knew ?
I will stop bleating on about my knee now . … and hospitals .. and car parks … kin ell , I’m getting old ….. Hod ! I know ….. I am old .

look after each other.

Good to hear you don't have to go under the knife Walt. A series of exercises!

Each time I do exercises I do more damage to my pie and peas.

We had the most beautiful day on Saturday. 32 degrees, blue sky and not a breath of wind. I mustered up the energy and got stuck into cleaning and vacuuming the pool and washing out the filter system. Was a 5 beer job with a few G&T's thrown in. Then sat in the air cond watching the V8 supercars....my favorite sport after football.

Sunday was overcast but still hot, but today, Monday, its pissing down and is forecast to do so all week, which is very strange for Brisbane. A very wet end to Spring.

Walt, our friends had to go into the city on the weekend, and parked for just under 2 hours and were charged $75. The council are trying to get more people to come back into the city, as it has become somewhat of a ghost town since Covid caused many shops to close due to 80% of the CBD now working from home. No incentive to go near the place when you're slugged with outrageous parking fees.

Walt, you may be a little older than me, but you are a machine my friend. I'm a clapped out piece of rubbish that struggles to put his own socks and shoes on, without having an asthma attack. My knees and back are f**ked, my lungs and kidneys are that of a 120 year old man, and that's just the tip of the melting iceberg. Apart from that I'm as fit as a fiddle.

Wishing you all the very best for the week ahead. Take care and remember, be kind to each other.

Good to hear you don't have to go under the knife Walt. A series of exercises!

Each time I do exercises I do more damage to my pie and peas.

We had the most beautiful day on Saturday. 32 degrees, blue sky and not a breath of wind. I mustered up the energy and got stuck into cleaning and vacuuming the pool and washing out the filter system. Was a 5 beer job with a few G&T's thrown in. Then sat in the air cond watching the V8 supercars....my favorite sport after football.

Sunday was overcast but still hot, but today, Monday, its pissing down and is forecast to do so all week, which is very strange for Brisbane. A very wet end to Spring.

Walt, our friends had to go into the city on the weekend, and parked for just under 2 hours and were charged $75. The council are trying to get more people to come back into the city, as it has become somewhat of a ghost town since Covid caused many shops to close due to 80% of the CBD now working from home. No incentive to go near the place when you're slugged with outrageous parking fees.

Walt, you may be a little older than me, but you are a machine my friend. I'm a clapped out piece of rubbish that struggles to put his own socks and shoes on, without having an asthma attack. My knees and back are f**ked, my lungs and kidneys are that of a 120 year old man, and that's just the tip of the melting iceberg. Apart from that I'm as fit as a fiddle.

Wishing you all the very best for the week ahead. Take care and remember, be kind to each other.
The lady that examined was astonished when I told her that I am not on any pills whatsoever.
The only pills I pop are for hay fever in June for four weeks .
When I said that I didn’t have any problems with arthritis , she said that everyone over twenty five has arthritis ,,whether it causes problems or not is a different matter ,

She did mention that I had damaged the meniscus ,, the soft tissue , and it would be months before I’m back to full “pain free ness”

back to be able to play the piano !!!!

I find it difficult to comprehend your problems Hod , and I can only offer my sincere hopes that you can cope with it all .,

It always reminds me of the teddy bear with cross eyes . The little boy called him Sadly.

Take care mate , cleaning the pool is definitely a five beer job , next time you do it ,,have another one for me ….:tophat:

Morning all you happy bunch, what's happened to the "Winter wevver" that was sposed to come on us starting yesterday, huge drop in temp blah! blah! the sun has got his bloody hat on round these ere parts, keep it going.

Walt as I said earlier great that you aint avin much trouble really wiv your "peas".

Bloody hell Hod I am fit, well not like I used to be of course, but bloody hell man after hearing your problems I am the fittest geezer on the planet.
Jesus! I really do feel for you, but keep you born English fight going and adding a bit of Aussie Machoness you might just come through it all, good luck mate.

My training wiv weights start again today.
Am going back to the basics of my Power Lifting days, not as bloody heavy of course, but a similar system, main muscles only of 6-8 reps x 5 sets.
Wish me luck eh!

Am off up the EVille now, usual Mon chores for Mrs PY, and the normal catch up with some oppo's.
The large carpark is now free! used to be a quid, its too get the customers in, why there aint fcuk all ere in our town centre, town centre your avin a laff!

Anyways kepp safe look after yourselves and each other, it is still out there.
Cheers all, a happy Yid!

Greavsie thanks, great info especially for the unknowing lol! I have been taking Tumeric in pill form, daily, and use it in cooking for a long time now, got the advice many years ago from a diet expert in the gym I used to use.

So a conundrum! what gives with me? as the Physio I have just seen said he suspects minor "arther" in my knee, typical moir I suppose, its probably more about the abuse succumbed whilst lifting heavy weights as in Squats n Deadlifts lol!

But your advice regards Tumeric is regarded as very true.

You should shop around for a good CBD oil Pompey. Helps me with my inflammation.

Must be filtered though. 5%-10% seems to be the best. Not cheap mind.

You should shop around for a good CBD oil Pompey. Helps me with my inflammation.

Must be filtered though. 5%-10% seems to be the best. Not cheap mind.
RD thanks for that, through Mrs PY and her Ailment, I did know about the use of CBD oil, but luckily I have no inflamation, it seems weird but if after any injury and I get Swelling, its always gone in about a day.

Thanks anyway mate!