Next coach | Page 4 | Vital Football

Next coach

I want it announced as all these odds and rumours are annoying me. Lots of comments now saying that Luís Boa Morte is more a candidate than we think.

Do you guys think lampard is a red herring and we will end up with some one not on the list and a total unknown like when Webber went with Farke?
No.

No, I’m sorry I missed it.
i felt that unless we had someone with a strong track record of keeping a failing team in the Premier League, we may as well have stayed with Farke.
Nobody will agree.
I agree in principle with what you are saying Rex but surely DF had long enough.

Reply in reply from FCB to your post!
I wasn't making reference to your posts FFL. I was making this comment about all the betting odds and how it went with DF and AN (I'm sure Tim Sherwood was clear favourite for a while then boom it was AN out of nowhere).

Did he do that much of any amazing job at Derby? They finished 6th which was the same as the season before, similar in the way of points and goals scored while conceding more.
Even at Chelsea I think it gets over hyped a bit. They won Europa League the season before he came in and finshed 3rd. He finished 4th with fewer points having conceded a lot more but in fairness scoring a lot more too. They also got knocked out in the last 16 of the Champions League losing 7 - 1 on aggregate.

That doesn't mean he can't be a success with us and I think it's worth a go but then I would say the same with Knutsen. He has managed to take a team that has never won the top league potentially back to back titles while only losing 4 games over 2 seasons. They also managed to draw 2-2 and win 6-1 against Roma which isn't bad.
Id say getting a club to the play off final is a very good job, he has good CL experience albeit one and a but seasons. Regarding knutsen, that league he manages in is incomparable, probably on par with lge 1. The Europa lge win on paper looks good although Roma arent giants of football and possinly werent fielding strongest side id imagine.
I like with Lamps the fact that he is straight talking, no fluffiness that we got with DF sometimes

I wasn't making reference to your posts FFL. I was making this comment about all the betting odds and how it went with DF and AN (I'm sure Tim Sherwood was clear favourite for a while then boom it was AN out of nowhere).
Its dragging on for sure!
I got told yesterday after lunch, for obvious reasons cant divulge from who but he would not be wrong....If he is you will read about him in the obituaries!!

Reactions: Rex
Its dragging on for sure!
I got told yesterday after lunch, for obvious reasons cant divulge from who but he would not be wrong....If he is you will read about him in the obituaries!!
Thanks for the update FFL. My reply of "No" was just to the FCB question

"Do you guys think lampard is a red herring and we will end up with some one not on the list and a total unknown like when Webber went with Farke"?

Who knows who the next manager will be ? I just can’t see Lampard happily spouting out the ‘ we are a self funded club ‘ trash for long before he walks away . As ever the central problem will remain ….the selfish , unambitious football impoverished Smiffs

Smith in NY and Lampard in Dubai - no announcement for 24-48 hours according to Paddy. Some reluctance to take the job brewing. All quiet on Knutsen. Dont hold yer breath

I can see the positives for both and a few negatives, but as FFL says it is Lampard I will go with that.

SKY was reporting that Lampard and Smith were impressed with the project at Norwich yesterday, but the Express now writes that neither was impressed after their interviews.

One is right and the other is making up bullshit - why?