Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday v Lincoln City

On the face of it, no. But Wednesday were dreadful until we gifted them their goal. We had the chances to have been out of sight by the time they scored. Can only play what's in front of you, not the reputation.

I agree we had chances and could/should’ve been ahead. The poster was incredibly negative about the performance which is what one disagreed with. We played well and stood up well to the pressure.

Well it was a lot better than Tuesday and a well deserved point. To say we played the same team apart from Poole as Tuesdays debacle shows that MA doesn’t have much faith in those on the bench. We desperately need a centre forward. After all said to go to SW after our years in the wilderness and come away with a point shows how far we have come, and long may it continue

It really was an awful 90 minutes from both sides to be honest. Yes, we had the chances to win, but we didn't really create them. They just came our way by poor defending.

We have the most disorganised midfield since MA came here. If you include Bishop and Maguire in that, despite both supposedly playing further forward, we have five players who show zero connection with each other at all.

Thankfully the defence was solid and Montsma was outstanding. We are in for a terrible beating on Tuesday night if we play like we have been doing this past few games.

Great to see such support for the team on this thread. Well done.

Exactly. It was a game between the 53rd and 59th best teams in the country. The quality will be poor at times but even the best teams in this league will be fairly poor fairly often. I don't watch Lincoln expecting us to play like Man City, I watch Lincoln expecting us to compete, to show commitment and play to our potential. Sometimes this season we haven't, today, I think we did.

Christ Perth, that's negative by your standards.
I know, I’m not normally this hard on the team, but I just thought Weds were awful and we had several chances, especially first half but we were just not punishing them. Overall I thought the quality was poor with so many errors from both teams. IMHO we showed very little control, discipline or composure - if we had I think we would have won at least 3 - 0. Apologies if people think I’m being hard.

I spent the journey from Hillsborough on the tram trying to stop 3 kids getting squashed and just about succeeded. I can't actually believe they make people stay on until the stop they say, then the police are there telling people what to do. Oh, no, wait, I can.

Well it was a lot better than Tuesday and a well deserved point. To say we played the same team apart from Poole as Tuesdays debacle shows that MA doesn’t have much faith in those on the bench. We desperately need a centre forward. After all said to go to SW after our years in the wilderness and come away with a point shows how far we have come, and long may it continue
Same team? Could have sworn Welsh lasted 45 minutes