20210926 PL Match Thread - Arsenal FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 15 | Vital Football

20210926 PL Match Thread - Arsenal FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• Win

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said think about scratching "itci" because of his penchant for Nunzo ???.
Well did u notice Tommy's ( the one we let slip) performance today and we get "'his highness"!

I'm personally struggling to warm to Nuno. Part of that is his complete lack of charisma in all of the pressers. He just comes across as a really dull person.

The other big part is his refusal to deal with the obvious on pitch issues. I respected him when he spoke about Tanguy's exclusion. It basically told us that he wouldn't settle for anything less than 100% from his squad. Then he has completely contradicted himself with his treatment of Kane. You just know that Pep, Klopp, Tuchel etc wouldn't have Harry anywhere near a starting eleven at the moment, even with our limited choices.

Today, his tactics were a mess. Playing your left and right midfielders wider than your wide forwards is just plain dumb in a NLD. Everyone knows Son and Moura don't have defensive smarts. It doesn't matter how hard they work. They just don't have the football brains to help out a centre midfielder. Dele and Tanguy should have been in a tight three and winning the battle with Hojbjerg.

Personally, I just hope he puts us back to a 4-2-3-1 eventually.
Who would be your 2 in the 4-2-3-1 of the current players though? Skipp and?

Who would be your 2 in the 4-2-3-1 of the current players though? Skipp and?

Ndombele, but I would make it work as I would have Son up front and not depend on his deeper defending so much. He'd still be expected to press high though. I wouldn't be using Moura as I haven't seen one game all season where he protected his full-back well enough. He just constantly switches off, and doesn't offer enough offensively. He'd be on the bench.

That would leave space for 3 of Dele, Gil, Gio and Bergwijn ahead of them. With these 4 players you know that they would be defensively smart and make it a 5 man midfield without the ball. That was glaringly missing yesterday with Son and Moura in the wide forward roles.

I think we all know whether we use Mee's 4-4-2, my 4-2-3-1 or Nuno's 4-3-3, nothing improves until the players improve their attitude. We're lucky that Norwich and Burnley are really bad this season. We could easily get sucked into a bottom half scrap.

Ndombele is a waste of space and time. The odd flash once per game is not enough. His desire and work ethic is the pits...................

We are getting seriously gubbed by the current style...we should as I have said before play all the newbies and our supposedly up and coming hungery for a chance youngsters and put passion back in, allow them to develop and learn...and maybe despite loads of thrashings we will develop a squad who want to play for us and create a future.

Fed up with the senior shite we are carrying.

Lets go with...

Gollini
Tanga Rodon Romero Reggie
Moura Skipp White
Son Scarlet Gil

Bench the likes of Clarke Sessignon Emerson ....

WE BOUGHT THEM WE GROOMED THEM WE PLAY THEM!

Give it a go FFS or something similar

Last edited:
I’ve have never seen a manager look so lost during a game . You can’t just stand there , chewing gum and allow that shower or shit to play at being professional kin footballers .
His eyes were glazed over .
What was he thinking as time and again they bombed passed our back line like it wasn’t there .
We can’t blame Xhaka or the ref , although both were appalling,

three passes from the moment they were in trouble on the edge of their area , and they score . It’s just ridiculous .
Saka made Reg look an idiot .
The writing was on the wall after ten minutes . What is the point of playing hoof ball when nobody runs after the kin thing . Kane can’t be arsed, Moura is in no mans land and Son was doing his headless chicking impression , whilst giving every Dier punt the thumbs up !
It s laughable .
If that was our plan then Nuno has no place in this club.

If he couldn’t see what the problems were , then we are in deep trouble .
He has to earn his money . He has to grow a pair of bollocks and tell Kane to keep his tracksuit on .
Nobody can tell me that Scarlett wouldn’t try harder , or even actually look interested at what was going on .

Completely agree. But I would add that whilst 4-2-3-1 is my general preferred formation in football but I think going back to the Redknapp style 4-4-2 is something that this current squad might suit.

ie. Kane and Son up top (Dele & Moura can fight for those places). Then have Gill (or Bergwijn) as the natural wingers. Skipp and Hojbjerg in CM. Then give NDombele a freer role off of the other side (AKA like Modric) . If we want to be more attacking in a game then move NDombele to CM and switch Hojbjerg for Lo Celso or Dele.
Is 'Arry available I wonder,he certainly couldn't do any worse.

Is 'Arry available I wonder,he certainly couldn't do any worse.
You know what?, the old Tottenham went through my mind!. Just watching Everton and seeing Andros rising to a new challenge under Rafa. How i'd love to see some of the old brigade back just to show endeavour!

Our bar is set so low now, we are in no man's land.....hey, we have a new hierarchy in place though, so we have progressed!

Oh, and the shiny stadium was full to brim hosting a boxing match. Jinxed that too!

Our defending was nothing short of disgraceful. Sanchez and Dier were back to being the worst pairing in the league.

Reggie is a poor defender.

Why has Hojbjerg downed tools? Jogging back when the gooners countered numerous times.

Thank god Skippy was brought on, otherwise we would have got smashed by more.

This was one of the worst performances I've seen by Spurs in the last 25 years.

I'm still livid by the clueless manager. Such idiotic tactics. He is a weak ass bitch bowing down to Kane. Pathetic.

I'm still livid most of players didn't even try. It was a shit show of epic proportions.

Yesterday after watching/witnessing the tripe on tv called Spurs, as others I was angry/livid etc, but the biggest shock to me was Mrs PY who was also angry n ranting on, at one point she said to me that Twat up front called Kane has a new name of Kate doesn't he, well that's unfair for the Kate's of this world, he should be called **** with a K, I pissed myself, her face well pissed or what?

Much as I hate Brunos antics at Manure, I would love us to have a player who shows so much passion argues and mouths off at every decision he disagrees with, rightly or wrongly, can make a telling pass, can score and motivstae others by his aggression ....why can't we find or grow players like this?

We think holding onto the likes of Dele Alli is the way forward.

So what will Nuno be doing today with this lot?

Any manager with anything about them would make everyone watch the game and then analyse the game after.

I would have everyone having an opinion on the game. I would want everyone tearing strips off each other.

I would call out Kane and anyone who deserves it.

What is funny is that the way Jose dealt with it was to leave a lost game running on a main TV at the Lodge. He thought that would get a reaction. Instead, they turned it off according to our friends at Amazon.

I hope Nuno is going through the video analysis with them and sharing every players stats in an open discussion.