Save the Blades! | Vital Football

Save the Blades!

The only pig fans are the owners and the ones managing our club. No chance of promotion this season. No chance!

Greggy, and I really mean this, even if you have sincere feelings towards the club and the smell of pork I have in my nostrils isn't coming from you.

Shut the fuck up. You are an embarrassment to yourself and everyone else. Stop trying to blame our owner, 'because he's an Arab'. So what? It has nothing to do with it. The last one came from Sharrow and he wasn't wonderful., was he? HRH spent more money on transfers last season than every other owner of the club put together. A lot of it didn't work out, and the hangover from that continues now and will affect us for a season or two. That isn't his fault. He's still signing the cheques.

So stop trying to scapegoat him, especially because of his origins. Unlike you, he bears the consequences of his actions. If the club was worth nothing, he would have lost his money. You've only lost a chromosome and a few braincells.

Last edited:
...and look where that money came from. It did not come from his own pocket! He came from the sales of some of best young players prior to promotion and from winning promotion and TV Rights.

He's probably benefitted from promotion more than anybody - in his own pocket! That's why there is no money for transfers. If there was we'd have already signed them! Four days to go until the window closes and no effort whatsoever

Now we're being forced to sell some of those players we signed whilst in the Premier League to make way for new signings, even if it comes at loss. How is this a competent way to run a football club. You don't run a football club by spending millions and then selling them barely making a profit or selling at a loss.

I'm not sure if the Prince is our man but I'll give him more time so I'm not with this movement.

Last edited:
Greggy, you're putting your ground bait in the wrong stream. We're the owd codger Blades, supporters for 50 years, some 60 years and more. If you think this is the worst its ever been at Sheffield United, you need to get an education. Try S24SU.com, but go easy on the 'Blame the Arab' bit, they don't like that sort of bigotry.

Good luck
[Blocked]

Why have you not posted this on S2, Greggy?

Please don't tell me you've gone through all that effort to try a wind up on here?

I echo @Greggy concerns, whether he supports United or not. Look at all the clubs in England who have Arab owners - they are all rich, yet, we end up with a penniless prince. I blame McCabe in some distinction for this as he agreed to sell to him and ought to have done his homework better.

I know fans will argue that he spent over £100million on signings during the two Premier League seasons, but the club will have earned that from PL money anyway. It isn't perhaps professional for players to moan about about training facilities but, apparently, the Prince made a promise to upgrade these and our understanding is that it hasn’t been done.

You also have to look at the signings. You can criticise Wilder all you want about the signings he made, its objective, but CW is no longer in the dugout and its now in teh responsible hands of Jokanovic to guide us in the right direction. Looking at what he is allowed to bring in it seems as though its loans and, potentially, freebies.

I know the club has been hit by covid but so has every other club, and they have brought players in. We’ve signed nobody but a loan from Liverpool.

Naturally, I pray that I am wrong (certain people telling me I’m wrong doesn’t make me wrong as I’ve not seen any evidence yet to convince me), but unless things changes soon, we might find ourselves in a position when CW first took charge.

The club needs investment, either a new owner or investment elsewhere but the club cannot survive in this league simply from selling players and not reinvesting in the team. The transfer window isn’t shut yet and we may see some incomings but I get the impression that this isn’t the case.

Though as much as I can agree with Greggy I do believe that time and caution is needed. Let’s not go for the touches and pitchforks just yet. I would give the club and the Prince until the New Year. If the club is doing well and is in a promotion then we have nothing to worry about, however, if we are instead in a relegation battle then the majority of supporters will voice there opinions at whoever they deem responsible. Banging your own drum and trying to rally for support simply won’t work in the short-term, you’d have to get Supporters Clubs involved, if they are willing to.

I echo @Greggy Look at all the clubs in England who have Arab owners - they are all rich, yet, we end up with a penniless prince. I blame McCabe in some distinction for this as he agreed to sell to him and ought to have done his homework better.

Of couse you do.

Don't put all the blame on Princeman.

Wokey Snakey Stephen has clearly thrown in the towel since Wilder left too....

I echo @Greggy concerns, whether he supports United or not. Look at all the clubs in England who have Arab owners - they are all rich, yet, we end up with a penniless prince. I blame McCabe in some distinction for this as he agreed to sell to him and ought to have done his homework better.

I know fans will argue that he spent over £100million on signings during the two Premier League seasons, but the club will have earned that from PL money anyway. It isn't perhaps professional for players to moan about about training facilities but, apparently, the Prince made a promise to upgrade these and our understanding is that it hasn’t been done.

You also have to look at the signings. You can criticise Wilder all you want about the signings he made, its objective, but CW is no longer in the dugout and its now in teh responsible hands of Jokanovic to guide us in the right direction. Looking at what he is allowed to bring in it seems as though its loans and, potentially, freebies.

I know the club has been hit by covid but so has every other club, and they have brought players in. We’ve signed nobody but a loan from Liverpool.

Naturally, I pray that I am wrong (certain people telling me I’m wrong doesn’t make me wrong as I’ve not seen any evidence yet to convince me), but unless things changes soon, we might find ourselves in a position when CW first took charge.

The club needs investment, either a new owner or investment elsewhere but the club cannot survive in this league simply from selling players and not reinvesting in the team. The transfer window isn’t shut yet and we may see some incomings but I get the impression that this isn’t the case.

Though as much as I can agree with Greggy I do believe that time and caution is needed. Let’s not go for the touches and pitchforks just yet. I would give the club and the Prince until the New Year. If the club is doing well and is in a promotion then we have nothing to worry about, however, if we are instead in a relegation battle then the majority of supporters will voice there opinions at whoever they deem responsible. Banging your own drum and trying to rally for support simply won’t work in the short-term, you’d have to get Supporters Clubs involved, if they are willing to.
One thing I do know is the training ground is being upgraded I know one of the contractors.

The way I see it is that if our owners care about the club, then they'll invest and make every single effort to get us back in the Premier League, but there is no evidence of that.

I don't know how much the Prince had invested in the club before promotion, I think I read somewhere that it was in the region of £40m. I guarantee, that is the first thing that will have been repaid. So that is £40m he's took and then he'll have took a bonus of a few million more. He is far better off now as a result of Blades winning promotion than he ever has been!

It wasn't his work, it was the work of Chris Wilder and a hard working bunch of players. He hasn't invested £350m in the club. It's all prize money, TV Rights, Sponsorship, merchandise sales and 30,000 SEASON TICKETS!

Now with relegation, Blades get a parachute payment and that is thought to be £91m. So where is the money? Why are we not using some of this money to help us get back to the Premier League.

The board has two options in my opinion, they either put right the mistakes they made in the Premier League squandering tens of millions on bit part players, has beens and back ups or they step aside.

Whilst we've got the money we need to press on! We need to make an all out effort to get back to the Premier League.

As things stand, Fulham, Bournemouth and West Brom are far ahead of us!

We've apparently got £30m from the sale of Aaron Ramsdale and we should be making every effort to reinvest that money. It should not be spent on anything else, it should be invested in players.

Our priority now is to find a top class keeper to replace Aaron and then we need to find the necessary midfielders to suit Slavisa's preferred formatiion.

My preference is Wales Keeper - Danny Ward. We could quite possibly sign him for £5m to £10m. He gave an exceptional performance for Wales in the Euros.

We talked pre-season about the emphasis being on loan players. Blades are already linked with a a loan move for Amad Diallo Man Utd. It's obvious Slavisa is looking for wingers.

Ademola Lookman wants to be back in England and is on offer. Wolves, Burnley and Crystal Palace have all shown an interest in signing him.

The cost of loaning him involves £3.5m Loan Fee and then maybe 50% of his wages or his wages paid in full. He is currently getting £50,000 per week.

What is more Slavisa has worked alongside him at Fulham. Another one Blades could consider is Ryan Sessegnon who Slavisa has also worked alongside.

We still need creativity in the centre of midfield and Ruben Loftus-Cheek is quite possibly available at Chelsea.

Furthermore, now they are using Rhian Brewster's lack of goals to sell him. Instead of providing creativity in midfield and getting the supply and service that he needs and our other strikers need. They want to sell him. It was the same with Aaron Ramsdale and it's the same with Sander Berge. NOTICE THE SILENCE FROM THE BOARD!

No statements saying that they are not for sale and it's the same with Jebbo. SILENCE! Just waiting all the time for the right offer to come in!

Sold Dominic Calvert-Lewin to Everton for less than £2m and he's now worth over £100m.

NO EFFORT MADE TO KEEP OUR BEST PLAYERS, BEST PROSPECT, NO EFFORT AT ALL!

I estimate with those loan signings and signing Danny Ward permanently it would cost a total of around £30m!

...and there'll probably be some change left over!

THAT'S A PROMOTION WINNING MIDFIELD THAT WOULD STRIKE FEAR INTO MOST CHAMPIONSHIP SIDES! YOU'VE GOT PACE, CREATIVITY, GOALS, THE LOT!

THE PROBLEM IS THE BLADES BOARD LACK AMBITION AND RELUCTANT TO INVEST AND TAKE A GAMBLE!

BLADES DON'T GO UP THIS SEASON, THEN WE'LL BE IN EVEN BIGGER FINANCIAL CRISIS NEXT AND THEN THE SAME OLD, SAME OLD, SAME OLD!

...and Oliver Norwood was spot on to point out the lack of investment in training facilites. Blades have been falling behind everybody else for too long! We deserve better! The fans deserve better! Pay for season tickets every year and this is what they have to put up with.

It's wrong! THOSE IN CHARGE DOWN AT BRAMALL LANE ARE BUNCH OF LOSERS!

I WANT TO BE PROVED WRONG, I REALLY DO! I WANT WHAT IS BEST FOR SHEFFIELD UNITED! FINISH 9TH IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE AND WE BLOW IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
The fans don't deserve better than any other set of fans.

But if the fans do deserve better.........

How about we spend the money on something guaranteed to benefit the fans permanently?

The ground.

The Kop is wank. Start with that. Rebuild the fucker.

Would be very pleased if that's what we spent any excess funds on.

The Prince should stick to manufacturing toilet paper, which is what he's good at. Not using our money as toilet paper!