MATCH DAY THREAD : West Brom v The Mighty Blades | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : West Brom v The Mighty Blades

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
So after the disappointment of the nil nil draw on Saturday night, we face a difficult trip to WBA who have started steadily. On paper, this is theoretically the toughest league game we'll face this season so I hope we are up for it.

Anyway...

Any team news 😀?

Davies slotting straight in...

Otherwise unchanged?

I wonder if the presumed change of formation without so many square pegs, could finally result in a league goal. I'm hopeful of avoiding defeat. 1-1. Brewster perhaps??

Safe journey

UTB

Predicted line up...

Ramsdale
Baldock Egan Davies Robinson
Berge Norwank Osborn
McKnee
McBurnie Brewster

Wrong to chuck Davies straight in and kick Basham out but that's what I think he'll do. If so I'd rather he put Basham in midfield in Norwank's place.

Predicted score: 1-0 West Brom

Predicted goalscorer: Smiley Callum. Goes without saying.

Think we'll put in our best performance though. Match fitness + a better line up the reasons. Also the challenge of this game. Still might not manage a shot on goal though.

I'd rather see Bash moved forward tbh, but that will be later when everyone has got here and bedded in.

I wonder if our poor play and uninspiring results so far are a calculated gamble to lull West Brom into a sense of complacency, then BOOM, we smash them while they wonder what happened. Easy win...

Last edited:
we will be comfortably beaten ,im going down for the lovely curry at the vine pub ,restaurant out back. callum will score and we will lose 3-0 ,with no shots on target not a fuckin chance none . utb

A very busy night for our defence. They will perform valiantly but ultimately we lose 2-0. Brewster will show early promise that will fade away with lack of service. He will eventually be taken off while Norwood and McGoldrick stay on.
Norwood and McGoldrick play backwards, sideways and constantly get caught in possession.
To stop that happening i would revert to last seasons formation tonight with the following team. We could get a point then.

Ramsdale
Bash Egan Davies

Baldock Berge Fleck Osborn

Brewster McBurnie

A very busy night for our defence. They will perform valiantly but ultimately we lose 2-0. Brewster will show early promise that will fade away with lack of service. He will eventually be taken off while Norwood and McGoldrick stay on.
Norwood and McGoldrick play backwards, sideways and constantly get caught in possession.
To stop that happening i would revert to last seasons formation tonight with the following team. We could get a point then.

Ramsdale
Bash Egan Davies

Baldock Berge Fleck Osborn

Brewster McBurnie

I agree with going back to 3 at the back for this game, but I don't think we'll improve our chances by starting with 10 men...

I agree with going back to 3 at the back for this game, but I don't think we'll improve our chances by starting with 10 men...
Yes an oversight but we may as well play with 10 men than have Norwood there.
I possible missed that because i have no idea who to put there we are that poor in terms of quality midfield players.
This is the best of a bad job in midfield.

Ramsdale
Bash Egan Davies

Baldock Berge Fleck Osborn Robinson

Brewster McBurnie

I've seen a rumour that Rammers won't play tonight,don't know if it's true or not.I've tipped 1-1 on the Prediction thread but looking on here owt less than a severe thrashing will be a bonus.UTB

Yes an oversight but we may as well play with 10 men than have Norwood there.
I possible missed that because i have no idea who to put there we are that poor in terms of quality midfield players.
This is the best of a bad job in midfield.

Ramsdale
Bash Egan Davies

Baldock Berge Fleck Osborn Robinson

Brewster McBurnie

I don't get the Norwood thing to be honest. He was poor for most of last season, but I think he played well against Birmingham and was our best midfielder against Swansea. At least he's prepared to play the ball forwards.

I don't get the Norwood thing to be honest. He was poor for most of last season, but I think he played well against Birmingham and was our best midfielder against Swansea. At least he's prepared to play the ball forwards.
Ok wow i have to completely disagree with that. I thought he was terrible against Swansea as was Berge. Matt Grimes and co pressed high and dominated the middle of the park. The same Swansea that lost 3-1 last night. Also his dead ball delivery is terrible. All about opinions of course.

Ok wow i have to completely disagree with that. I thought he was terrible against Swansea as was Berge. Matt Grimes and co pressed high and dominated the middle of the park. The same Swansea that lost 3-1 last night. Also his dead ball delivery is terrible. All about opinions of course.
I don't think Berge was other than average but Norwood was better. Watched in
full and have seen our highlights and Swansea highlights since and this shows
me that he was better than Berge.

Last edited:
Why not Freeman as the eleventh player.?
Agree with 3-5-2.
I would give Freeman a game behind a front 2 but i think we will need the energy of Osborn tonight to combat the intensity of the WBA press. To get around a high press you need technically good players who can move the ball to feet quickly and accurately but we do not have that quality yet. I hope i have got this wrong and we batter them but Slav has to get some quality in before we can challenge for me.

That's Ranbo gone then.
Sorry but I don't believe we got a good deal.
BEN FUCKING £50M FUCKING WHITE!!!!!!!

Brighton don't take it up the fucking arse with no lube!

Well I'm wrong about everything.

3-5-2!

Davies doesn't start.

Neither does McBurnie - a mistake in my view.

Could have also done with more mobility in the front line.

But I'm sure this will be our best performance so far. The team will look far more comfortable playing this system.

The back 5 is a really good fit for the players in it. They've proven that and I also think Robinson and Osborn are very good in those positions at Championship level.

Need Fleck to perform. He's lucky to start.