• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*ring ring*
"Hello, Mr Levy's office"
"Maureen, its Charlie Kane! It's Danny boy about? Its urgent!"
"I'll just check you big fat Charlie"
*hold music (when the spurs go marching in)*
"DANNNNIEEELLLL! I HAVE CHARLIE KANE ON THE PHONE....ARE YOU IN?"
"No, and tell him I'm not interested in his Steve McQueen poster or the motorbike either. Although I can sort him out a signed Messi shirt for his brother if he wants one? Dont forget to tell him Jose called about a loan deal as well"

That last line made me laugh out loud. Kane to Roma. I wouldn't stop laughing for a month.

The Messi news is huge. There will be no shortage of offers for him so it will ultimately come down to if he wants to push for more glory or if he wants a last big pay day.

It will be interesting to see how this impacts deals now.

Surely City would have known that Messi was deciding not to sign a new contract before confirming Grealish. So that begs the question...are they going for both? or do they know he's going to PSG already? He'll be on a free but obviously have a hefty signing on fee. A front 4 of Grealish, Kane, Messi and De Bruyne would be pretty scary but thankfully unlikely.

Although we know Abramovich would kill (maybe wrong word to use for his background...) to bring Messi to Chelsea.

He's apparently on holiday with Neymar & Veratti at the moment so perhaps is off to PSG...

PSG certainly feels most likely within Europe. Citeh would be the next most likely but I don't think Messi will ever come to the PL.

I think that there is every possibility that we will get 'stuck' with him. Using that type of terminology in association with Harry has always been unthinkable, but I really do wonder whether his situation, motivation and ability are recoverable to an acceptable level if he has no option other than to buckle down and get on with it at Spurs. Not accepting City's 100M offer, if indeed there was an offer at that level, increasingly looks as if it may turn out to be a huge mistake.
I can see the logic in that but what happens the next time one of our players wants to leave and uses Kane's strategy as a precedent? We'll continually forced to sell our best players for under their market value.

Last edited:
I can see the logic in that but what happens the next time one of players wants to leave and uses Kane's strategy as a precedent? We'll continually forced to sell our best players for under their market value.
I actually posted on here a week or so ago that Levy is right to stand his ground on his Kane valuation and I continue to believe that, although my latest post would seem to be contradictory in that regard. Sometimes however doing the right thing can turn out to be the wrong thing. I do start to believe that interest in Kane is starting to cool, and the prospect of this disillusioned player in a big sulk out there undermining what Nuno will be trying to achieve isn't welcome. Hopefully it won't come to that.

I actually posted on here a week or so ago that Levy is right to stand his ground on his Kane valuation and I continue to believe that, although my latest post would seem to be contradictory in that regard. Sometimes however doing the right thing can turn out to be the wrong thing. I do start to believe that interest in Kane is starting to cool, and the prospect of this disillusioned player in a big sulk out there undermining what Nuno will be trying to achieve isn't welcome. Hopefully it won't come to that.
It seems to me the solution is ensuring the contracts are watertight in allowing both parties to achieve what they want in future years. Difficult but not impossible.

None of this nonsense about either party believing or interpreting that there is an informal agreement in place.

A bit of fun! So given Levy’s basis for valuing footballers. Two years ago Levy thought Grealish was worth less than £18 m. Sold yesterday for £100m. If Levy were to have valued Kane at say £100m 2 years ago, think of the multiplier going on in Levy’s brain now! In the words of the advert - you do the maths!

I've just been reading that Grealish had a release clause in his contract. If a Champions League club came calling and Villa weren't in the Champions League, then provided they met Villa's valuation he would be allowed to go. So release clauses can be done in this country. A sensible outcome for all.

City have given Grealish the number 10 shirt. That's the number Kane has worn for Spurs for the last 6/7 years. Jesus has the number 9 shirt. I really do doubt that City are that interested in him anymore...

Just shows the level playing field Pep operates. Grealish joins and gets the pick of the available numbers. He's worn 10 at Villa for a few years and he's first through the door.

Think of the opposite where he is told that Kane "might" be coming and he can't have it. That is as good as telling Jack that Harry has a higher status. Not under Pep.

One more thing that big boy agent Charlie can't give his client :LOL:

Surely City would have known that Messi was deciding not to sign a new contract before confirming Grealish.

He did sign a new contract. La Liga tore it up. Barca are fucked. They had to shave 200M off their wage bill and even with the ones they've shipped out and Messi agreeing to a big pay cut they were miles off so La Liga blocked the deal.

He did sign a new contract. La Liga tore it up. Barca are fucked. They had to shave 200M off their wage bill and even with the ones they've shipped out and Messi agreeing to a big pay cut they were miles off so La Liga blocked the deal.

Well it wasn't a surprise to me, the only surprise is that it took this long to break and City could still sign him...

Pep on Harry:

He said: "He's a player for Tottenham Hotspur and if Tottenham don't want to negotiate, it's finished.

"If they are open to negotiate then not only Man City, many clubs in the world want to sign him, we are not an exception. It depends on Tottenham.

"Jack [Grealish] was different, he had a release clause and he is different. Harry Kane is an exceptional, extraordinary striker, no doubts about that. Of course we are interested in him but he is a Tottenham player and if they don't want to negotiate, nothing more to say and if they want it we will try, that's all."

Levy playing hard ball? Or Fabio?

It seems they have at least approached us but we have said no.

It will be an agreed position of the club.

They've tried to talk to us (probably via an agent, but no ones leaking anything from what I'm told) and we've simply said 'not interested, go away'.

We'll know soon enough next week.

Charlie really is a dickhead, he's pissed everyone off, inc ManC by the sounds of it.

It will be an agreed position of the club.

They've tried to talk to us (probably via an agent, but no ones leaking anything from what I'm told) and we've simply said 'not interested, go away'.

We'll know soon enough next week.

Charlie really is a dickhead, he's pissed everyone off, inc ManC by the sounds of it.
Do Pep's comments alter your view that a deal has been agreed in principle?

It would make Kane's actions more understandable. If he thought the deal would get done eventually you'd expect him to be back for pre-season training in readiness to start for City asap. Instead his actions suggest he's been told the club aren't selling, full stop.

Last edited: