The player who left thread | Page 435 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

People must sit round a table and decide what rubbish they are going to peddle next.

Desperate to keep their job I suppose , but I hope they can look at themselves in the mirror knowing they are lying every day.

What a way to earn a living.

I wouldn't get into the game now if I could have my time over again, I genuinely feel sorry for the folks that are stuck and have no choice but to peddle this because they have families and mortgages etc.

I feel incredibly lucky I can pick and choose, even if the end result is I'm writing less = fewer £££'s.

I wouldn't get into the game now if I could have my time over again, I genuinely feel sorry for the folks that are stuck and have no choice but to peddle this because they have families and mortgages etc.

I feel incredibly lucky I can pick and choose, even if the end result is I'm writing less = fewer £££'s.
For the fear of contradicting myself but if nothing else The Athletic have shown that there is a market for higher quality reporting, I don't see any reason why every other sports media has to go down the bollocks root when they could be putting on their own spin and making money from well written informative articles

yep and he's asked to leave as well. That could get interesting. Disgusted if he strikes , presumably he doesn't get paid if he went down that road (don't think he would personally)

Has it been confirmed he's put in a request or is that the speculation he has a gentleman's agreement with Levy for this summer?

For the fear of contradicting myself but if nothing else The Athletic have shown that there is a market for higher quality reporting, I don't see any reason why every other sports media has to go down the bollocks root when they could be putting on their own spin and making money from well written informative articles

I actually doubt they are making money, that's the problem with that route anything of note will be available for free with 6 hours, so why pay. You get a spike to begin with, but then subs drop away and you are left with the same overheads.

With that said, journalistically, I'm hoping they smash it and prove the system as by default then others will slightly pivot back on quality rather than shock.

But sadly 'shock' and 'emotive' headlines are here to stay as it suits the social media 30 second airhead generation lol

I’ve always found Sky to be a reliable source. It does say talks opened a few days ago. The two questions are does Jack want to go and what will the owners do to try to stop it. For once we have in NSWE real winners themselves and they will not roll over for £100m.

I’ve always found Sky to be a reliable source. It does say talks opened a few days ago. The two questions are does Jack want to go and what will the owners do to try to stop it. For once we have in NSWE real winners themselves and they will not roll over for £100m.
Pay him 20m a year to match the highest figures paid in the premier League?

I’d be really disappointed if he left, he has plenty of time to win trophies, he could learn a lot from Totti’s speech of saying 1 trophy at Roma is worth 10 at Juventus or AC Milan.

He’s not the brightest lad, but I’d hope he knows that we could really challenge for Champions League in a couple of years, trust in the ambition in the owners and be the one to spearhead Aston Villa up to the top, prove you’re the best by doing it the hard way.

You could say Villa are taking a massive risk having one player worth 100-120m that only played 2/3 of last season, being the most targeted fouled player in the world could easily have his career finished in a horrific knee injury, (nearly happened in the euros) he’s already wearing the tiniest shin pads and having constant shin splints.

No matter how big the player, they’ll never be bigger than the club, I fully trust the owners, you only have to see what they’ve done so far, and what they’ve done abroad in the NFL.

If Grealish goes, it’s on him, not our owners, Be the biggest mistake of his life though, hopefully he understands the privilege it is playing for the club you support, it’s as much of an honour as playing for your country, one that he might just figure out once it’s too late.

Just can’t wait for all this to be put to bed now, one way or the other.

My tuppence worth on this 'Grealish to City' stuff:

I (kind of) like him: he is clearly our best player at the moment, but I think he is a twat though for his off-field shit, especially during lockdown.

Personally, I don't actually think he will go to Manchester City. Whether he has a release clause in the 5-year contract he signed so recently, the ink is barely dry, I have no idea. But his love for Villa, and being appointed the captain, is well-documented and beyond question.

He strikes me as being (footballer stereotype) a little bit thick, but even he can't fail to see the potential here at the moment: year-on-year improvement, spending big, big money on the likes of Martinez, Watkins and this window Buendia. We could (and should) be on the cusp of something pretty special, and more importantly, sustained.

My claret-and-blue tinted specs make me think he'd be an utter idiot to leave right now. The squad is improving, the positivity around the club is there for all to see and the return of fans to Villa Park in that context will be something else.

But, if he does decide to leave, for "footballing reasons/winning trophies/working with Guardiola" or otherwise (ie a massive pay rise), the he can fuck right off. He and City would be welcome to their tawdry arrangement. He's hardly a Villa legend in my book (nowhere near in the same league as many of the players I have seen down B6 in my lifetime).

When I try and imagine how I might feel if he actually DID go, I can honestly, hand-on-heart, say that the sense of devastation I felt when Yorke, Barry or Milner were sold would outstrip any feelings/misgivings I might have if Grealish bails out.

As said, just my tuppence worth. If he stays, great, good on him and probably my respect and admiration for him would go up.I could really get behind that kind of loyalty and dedication to/belief in the NSWE 'project' But if he goes, he goes and he can fuck off.

No one is bigger than the club and I will still be there cheering the boys on, laughing at 'Prize Where It Lies', engaging in some dubious half-time chit-chats and 'enjoying' the agony and ecstasy of being an Aston Villa supporter.