Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City | Page 50 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City

Alternative view...

No one cheated
The referee and Peterborough are not corrupt

It was just a really bad penalty decision. Everyone makes mistakes.. and this was a very bad one.

Also.. id argue over the whole season Lincoln have definitely had the rub of the green when it comes to penalty decisions.

Move on.. we are got a point and are in the play offs!!!!

Alternative view...

No one cheated
The referee and Peterborough are not corrupt

It was just a really bad penalty decision. Everyone makes mistakes.. and this was a very bad one.

Also.. id argue over the whole season Lincoln have definitely had the rub of the green when it comes to penalty decisions.

Move on.. we are got a point and are in the play offs!!!!
Moved on from football and watching Bowie on BBC 2 with a few beers.

I'm still fuming. Aftet going 3-0 up, I just wanted to make Posh go up the hard way, and for us to do what we could to try and get automatics. If they'd beaten Donny next weekend, no complaints from me. Equally, if we'd lost to Charlton I would've accepted we had given it a go and come up short, but to lose to a disgusting "decision" like that is a real kick to the gonads.

This!! One of the most sickening scenarios I’ve ever seen. The decision itself is beyond belief and I’m still in utter shock.
Thankfully as others have said we’re still in the hunt but wow that was cruel and Busby the referee should publicly acknowledge What was the mother of all mistakes if he has any integrity at all. If it is against referee policy then someone from the association should apologise on his behalf.

I think that was as good an attacking performance as we have produced this season.

Anderson was really good and can't get in the team, Scully was exceptional and probably isn't a starter in our best team either.

Bramall did well today and Poole is a good player despite views to the contrary.

... and none of them are our key players.

We now have time on our side, to prepare properly for the play offs. Today's result is actually a blessing in disguise although it didn't feel like it at five o'clock.

What's more, some of us are now likely to actually attend a match this season, involving as good a Lincoln side as we could wish for.

I am looking forward to the rest of May.
I don't really want this season to end just yet and thanks to Mr Busby that is now guaranteed for a few more weeks

Anyway it has seemed for some time, surely inevitable that we will end up meeting the Cowleys' Portsmouth in the play offs.

Now that will be interesting.

I think that was as good an attacking performance as we have produced this season.

Anderson was really good and can't get in the team, Scully was exceptional and probably isn't a starter in our best team either.

Bramall did well today and Poole is a good player despite views to the contrary.

... and none of them are our key players.

We now have time on our side, to prepare properly for the play offs. Today's result is actually a blessing in disguise although it didn't feel like it at five o'clock.

What's more, some of us are now likely to actually attend a match this season, involving as good a Lincoln side as we could wish for.

I am looking forward to the rest of May.
I don't really want this season to end just yet and thanks to Mr Busby that is now guaranteed for a few more weeks

Anyway it has seemed for some time, surely inevitable that we will end up meeting the Cowleys' Portsmouth in the play offs.

Now that will be interesting.

I agree about blessing in disguise. If we failed to win at Charlton or didnt manage promotion on the final day (always a long shot) it might be harder to mentally and physically prepare for the POs.

I agree about blessing in disguise. If we failed to win at Charlton or didnt manage promotion on the final day (always a long shot) it might be harder to mentally and physically prepare for the POs.

Yes I agree completely on this and will cling to this as a valuable silver lining. COYI!

Sammie Szmodics, can you look yourself in the mirror for the rest of your life without seeing a cheat staring back at you?

Will you ever be able to think about your promotion with Peterborough this season without knowing you cheated to get it?

How does that make you feel?

We look forward to welcoming you to a full house at Sincil Bank in the very near future.

Sammie Szmodics, can you look yourself in the mirror for the rest of your life without seeing a cheat staring back at you?

Will you ever be able to think about your promotion with Peterborough this season without knowing you cheated to get it?

We look forward to welcoming you to a full house at Sincil Bank in the very near future.

He will not care a jot, to a footballer it’s just a job. he will console himself with championship football.

Yes in most professions there are codes of ethics and conduct but when has football ever subscribed to that. Football is a scummy industry from top to bottom

He has caused this but on another day with a different ref we would have won 3:2 and he would have been booked for dangerous play.

the ref is the one at fault he is negligent.

Think the EFL or whoever appoints Refs to games would be sensible not to give Busby ANY game in the future at SB.

To surrender a 3-0 lead to anybody would be considered a bad day at the office. Especially to a bitter rival.

But let's face it, Peterborough arguably have the most irrepressible front line in the league. They can be devastating when they can be bothered - just ask Accrington. And needing a point to seal promotion is a big reason to be bothered - if only for the last 30 minutes (+6) of a game.

We have reached the playoffs with 2 games remaining in a remarkable season and a threadbare squad on a small budget. I witnessed an absolute belter of a game yesterday and I'm proud of every imp that was on the pitch.

Bring on Charlton.

If the ref hadn't pointed to the spot i doubt people would have even considered it a dive attempt. Even if it was, footballers do it all the time. I dont see why its more morally reprehensible just because of the significant timing of it. Its like Henrys handball against Ireland.. in the heat of the moment all footballers will have at some point instinctively handballed and then carried on ~ just not when a world cup place is on the line. We have had a few dodgy ones this year (not as dodgy as this one obviously).. but if we get a ridiculous one at Wembley in the dying moments i bet the overiding sentiment on here will be about football evening itself out and swings and roundabouts.

I hope the management staff are able to use what happwned yesterday to give ectra fire to the players for the play-offs (operation revenge)

Just seen that Jorge and Connor picked up a yellow card 90+8 for telling Busby he was a Back and Front for his penalty decision. They were only telling the truth
Oi - you trying a bit of rhyming slang there mate 🤔🤣😂. Incidentally, they shouldn’t have been booked for stating a fact.