Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City | Page 45 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City

Definitely the most pissed off I've been since George Cain-Gate. Always thought it was lucky for him that incident happened at the other end.

Seem to remember George displayed a pretty clean pair of heels for an older ref when he blew for full time, that day?

some people really losing their sense of perspective on here over this.

watched it again... szmodics was trying a spin turn, messed it up, slipped and fell over. technical fail, but not cheating.

all the incompetence was by the referee, who if he had ever played a reasonable level of football would have recognised this. incompetent, which is a million miles from corruption. if he was corrupt he wouldn't have left it until the 95th minute to level things up.

short memories... remember how evans was slated here for accusing johnson of diving?

watched it again... szmodics was trying a spin turn, messed it up, slipped and fell over. technical fail, but not cheating.

Again. Watch it back again. He's very pleased, very quickly, about what you report as a bit of an embarrassment for him.

Indeed Jules .A wind up merchant no doubt. I will always give a balanced response when its reasonable to do so .
Your abuse is out of line. I’m not trying to wind you up here or anything.

Szmodics does try to shield the ball. He loses his balance. The ref sees the opportunity to reward the bung he’s received. That’s how I see it. He’s in disbelief at the penalty as much as everyone else.

If you see it differently, then great but at no point is it a reason to send the abuse that you sent earlier.

I think people saying the thing about Szmodics shielding the ball have to realise that that and diving aren't mutually exclusive haha

He positioned his body like that and basically threw himself into scully - if scully hadn't been cautious / sczmodics not over exaggerated the movement so much it would have looked a lot more like a potential pen I bet but to suggest he wasn't trying to buy it is laughable imo

The whole reason for the exaggerated movement over the ball was for the bump, which didn't come in a way that anyone with eyes would ever give as a pen

Again. Watch it back again. He's very pleased, very quickly, about what you report as a bit of an embarrassment for him.
of course he is very pleased, after he hears the whistle for a penalty. who wouldn't be? but the referee gave it very quickly.

all the incompetence was by the referee, who if he had ever played a reasonable level of football would have recognised this. incompetent, which is a million miles from corruption. if he was corrupt he wouldn't have left it until the 95th minute to level things up.

short memories... remember how evans was slated here for accusing johnson of diving?
Not the case imo. He is clearly looking for a Lincoln player to initiate contact with. He has to really stretch to get anywhere near Scully who shows great awareness of what the sly little turd is about to pull off and is running in an opposite direction to ensure there is no contact.

Corruption could have occurred at half time which would explain a lot. Including where he found 5 minutes of extra time.
The truth is we will never know if that was incompetence or he was bought. But that we have to ask the question means he should not ref any football games in the EFL again.

Corruption could have occurred at half time which would explain a lot. Including where he found 5 minutes of extra time.
The truth is we will never know if that was incompetence or he was bought. But that we have to ask the question means he should not ref any football games in the EFL again.
It was noticeable that Ferguson laid the groundwork by praising Busby's refereeing in a match preview a couple of days ago

This referee must be really incompetent. Having been bought by Peterborough he allows us to take a two goal lead in the first half, including awarding us a penalty when he could have given Peterborough a free kick in the move that led to it.

Assuming he was bought at half time instead he then allows us to get a third without inventing a mysterious infringement. Fortunately for him we stick one in our own net and deflect one into our own goal before, finally, he gets the chance to award a penalty in the 95th minute, despite having several other opportunities as Clarke-Harris was falling over in the box like he was playing in his carpet slippers.

Gross incompetence. If I was McAnthony I'd be witholding the bribe.