They're at it again | Page 11 | Vital Football

They're at it again

Sky are denying all knowledge, sounds like a streaming platform will pick up the broadcasting rights or will each team self broadcast?

One thing that is patently obvious is that the chairman of the big six have treated their Managers and players like the majority of Employers in this country do. As just paid staff who don't need to know anything about any decisions being made that affect their employment until they are already implemented.
The likes of Jurgen Kopp who possibly felt he was an important person in the workings of Liverpool FC now knows were he stands. He along with the rest of the Managers and Players of the big 6 have been put out to dry. They are the ones who look like rabbits in headlights at the press conferences. Whilst the perpetrators of this disgrace are probably sat on a beach in a private island somewhere having their bollocks massaged.
The days of powerful Managers like Ferguson are long over.
Footballing people are not welcome in the halls of power at these clubs anymore. Sad days for all true fans of the game.p

I haven't read through all this thread, so apologies for no doubt repeating what others have said.

But not sure why people are surprised tho' - when you allow your national game to be sold to foreigners who have no interest in it other than as a financial investment, and allow the Prem League to become so wealthy, why would they put the interests of the national game above their own interests?

PS I don't think our foreign owners have invested in the Club to make mega bucks!!

I haven't read through all this thread, so apologies for no doubt repeating what others have said.

But not sure why people are surprised tho' - when you allow your national game to be sold to foreigners who have no interest in it other than as a financial investment, and allow the Prem League to become so wealthy, why would they put the interests of the national game above their own interests?

PS I don't think our foreign owners have invested in the Club to make mega bucks!!

Real Madrid and Barcelona are 100% fan-owned clubs Their presidents are lifelong fans.

Spurs are effectively owned by Joe Lewis and run by his protegé Daniel Levy, a lifelong Tottenham supporter.

I'm shocked that the Political Editor of the Sunday Times is an elitist (s)nob who's only interested in associating himself with other elitist (s)nobs. What a (s)nob.

The Sunday Times is a rag on a par with the The Daily Mail. I can just about read the daily edition which still contains some actual journalism.

Last edited:
With UEFA pondering (and hopefully totally seriously intending to do so) expelling the nasty wankers out of this month's semi finals, can the Premier League (remainder thereof) expel them out from the League for the current season and award the Title to Leicester City (again)?
I hope that threat emerges from the meeting the 14 are having today (think there's a meeting anyway).

And all players, coaching staff, and officials get told that they will be banned from all proper football immediately and such a ban to remain in place until they have moved to another unsanctioned club. Once they actually participate in a match in the ESL (if it goes ahead), then such a ban becomes an all time one.

With UEFA pondering (and hopefully totally seriously intending to do so) expelling the nasty wankers out of this month's semi finals, can the Premier League (remainder thereof) expel them out from the League for the current season and award the Title to Leicester City (again)?
I hope that threat emerges from the meeting the 14 are having today (think there's a meeting anyway).

Unfortunately I believe 15 teams need to vote for expulsion and there would only be 14 left.

It's nice to see that this person, who is Political Editor of the Sunday Times, has been ratioed to hell....
View attachment 47792

The sort of chap that doesn't actually like sport for it's own sake, but needs it to be transactional - in this case he is identifying with clubs that will promote his image for networking and career prospects, ones that he can dine clients at or talk to similarly elitist idiots about in the US or India.

A good statement from Everton (in which we get a mention):

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2111866/statement-from-the-board

Everton is saddened and disappointed to see proposals of a breakaway league pushed forward by six clubs.

Six clubs acting entirely in their own interests.

Six clubs tarnishing the reputation of our league and the game.

Six clubs choosing to disrespect every other club with whom they sit around the Premier League table.

Six clubs taking for granted and even betraying the majority of football supporters across our country and beyond.

At this time of national and international crisis - and a defining period for our game - clubs should be working together collaboratively with the ideals of our game and its supporters uppermost.

Instead, these clubs have been secretly conspiring to break away from a football pyramid that has served them so well.

And in that Pyramid Everton salutes EVERY club, be it Leicester City, Accrington Stanley, Gillingham, Lincoln City, Morecambe, Southend United, Notts County and the rest who have, with their very being, enriched the lives of their supporters throughout the game's history. And vice versa.

The self-proclaimed Super Six appear intent on disenfranchising supporters across the game - including their own - by putting the very structure that underpins the game we love under threat.

The backlash is understandable and deserved – and has to be listened to.

This preposterous arrogance is not wanted anywhere in football outside of the clubs that have drafted this plan.

On behalf of everyone associated with Everton, we respectfully ask that the proposals are immediately withdrawn and that the private meetings and subversive practises that have brought our beautiful game to possibly its lowest ever position in terms of trust end now.

Finally we would ask the owners, chairmen, and Board members of the six clubs to remember the privileged position they hold – not only as custodians of their clubs but also custodians of the game. The responsibility they carry should be taken seriously.

We urge them all to consider what they wish their legacy to be.

Everton FC Board of Directors

Unfortunately I believe 15 teams need to vote for expulsion and there would only be 14 left.

Although I saw a comment albeit from someone associated with the Mail on Sunday that 2 clubs are now considering backtracking. 6 English clubs clearly wasn't just an accident but if one folds the whole thing becomes a bit tricky for the rest.

It needs one of the bigger current player to raise their head and say something.

Apparently Harry Maguire was quite forthright in his views towards Ed Woodward in their team meeting about the timing and throwing everyone under a bus. I suspect he couldn't say everything he wanted to, but at least he's not sat there in silence.

It needs a Henderson/Maguire, either separately or jointly, as captains of their Clubs to say something. Others will follow.

It needs one of the bigger current player to raise their head and say something.

Apparently Harry Maguire was quite forthright in his views towards Ed Woodward in their team meeting about the timing and throwing everyone under a bus. I suspect he couldn't say everything he wanted to, but at least he's not sat there in silence.

It needs a Henderson/Maguire, either separately or jointly, as captains of their Clubs to say something. Others will follow.
Milner spoke out in his post match interview yesterday. Unfortunately he didn’t seem quite sure why he didn’t like it.

Obviously all the personalities are different now, but the Everton board weren't thinking of the poor little people when they were behind breaking up the Football League in 1991.

Naturally, they weren't asked to join this one.

Indeed, very easy to make statements like this when you've not been invited to the party. The roots of this can be traced back to the inception of the PL, as you say.