The Politics Thread | Page 270 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I didn't think Cameron was actually too bad in the grand scheme, but Brexit and Tory party first marks his card for history. I found Bliar far more sleazy than Cameron - but yes Bliar's card is forever marked by his fetish for sexing things up with Allistair Campbell (who I now find I agree with just as much as I don't lol)

Outside of May, I do think Brown was the most - genuine so to speak. I think, like May, he wanted to do right more than line own pockets but both on a PR front were dinosaurs in a way Bliar, Cameron, Bojo aren't.

Tis why I now prefer Rishi and Starmer - they come over as less polluted but both are polished.

New Labour, current Labour - at heart we have two parties who actually agree on most things now because centre wins votes.

But yes, I also agree an investigation into Cameron is Bojo doing his 'sack' those Tories who voted against me like I voted against May routine. It's deflection, but then again, Hancock and the pub landlord, Patel (insert your own there's too many to list) - oh and criticising Labour for the anti semitic investigation, when Boris is making great guns into his election promise over Islamaphobia in the Tories.

Obviously there are no other reputable paper shredding businesses available in the U.K. for it to have been worth it taking out to tender

I’m neither Labour or Tory can’t stand any of them, voting is hard for me. But Boris just comes back with stupid retorts in my opinion, Starmer can have papers and well articulated arguments whereas Boris just bumbles any old shit out his mouth. Boris can also just say any old shit and the average electorate either isn’t bothered or believes him.

Starmer did a pretty good job at being on the front with with the Xmas lockdown, Boris made himself look a twat with another U turn but what’s the consequence? And what is Starmer expected to do apart from be one step ahead? It’s exactly what we need on the other side, rather than a clown who was 2 steps behind in Corbyn.

Starmer is getting a lot of flak, and being criticised as though he should’ve been in campaign mode a few years before an election and during a pandemic. I don’t understand the criticism of him. Staunch Tories just want to hate him because they are staunch Tories, they couldn’t tell you why

how can you support starmer, with his judgement of the past, surely the man as no respect., for himself anyway,, as for making decisions, no chance...seanie

how can you support starmer, with his judgement of the past, surely the man as no respect., for himself anyway,, as for making decisions, no chance...seanie

Educate me Seanie... what judgement of the past?

He’s certainly the leader I least dislike put it that way.

I know Brown came out strongly, but I also have no doubts about him and Bliar or Labour when it comes to lobbying just within the lines either.

Was watching daily politics or some politics show and one of the guests was saying Brown was one of the rare ones who didn't do this sleazy stuff and hasn't profited since ending as PM either. Hence he's been able to come out strongly against.

You'd need to say what judgement before Dan (or anyone else) could justify really.

Hope it isn't the tired and well trodden bull about Jimmy Saville though.

Yes but there is this nonsense that as DPP, Starmer decided there was insufficient evidence to go after Savile and therefore let him carry on with his sickening behaviour. It wasn't as simple as that but the right-wing press had a field day with it.

And it takes less than a couple of minutes to see that case would not have crossed Starmer's desk at the time.

You can say anything to an emotional & irrational Tory and they’ll stick it all over social media in a second.

And I think we would both give that the balance that the far left are as bad, they don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

At least, with our posts/thoughts, if we are shown evidence to the contrary, we'll apologise or accept it! lol