NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 581 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give it up as a bad job if i were you, fair play for giving it a go though.
Too much meddling pal.

Hopefully Arthur_Itis listens to your wise wise words & hangs up his admin coat after less than a week at it......says T&C the poster who has hung up more coats than performer's who've played Joseph's technicolor dream coat. Why can you never give posters any credit, leeway, benefit of the doubt....be it the lads for the flag/ banner or Arthur doing a bit of admin...at least they're trying summat different...so to me hats off to them regardless of whether I think they should / shouldn't...😉🤔

What uses ?
Use your imagination. If you cannot see the potential for businesses that could use the space at the stadium you must be living in Cuckoo land. A little bit of investment could see an Hotel, Training Centre/skills centre, Hospital Clinic, Office space, Night Clubs, Retail use, Job Centre and on and on and bloody on.

Use your imagination. If you cannot see the potential for businesses that could use the space at the stadium you must be living in Cuckoo land. A little bit of investment could see an Hotel, Training Centre/skills centre, Hospital Clinic, Office space, Night Clubs, Retail use, Job Centre and on and on and bloody on.

Kudos night club 50 yards from the ground closed because nobody used it, Frankie and Benny's could not make it pay, the same for the Indian next door, even the super chippy.
What on earth would prompt a Hotel group to build there, retail sector is on its arse due to changing shopping patterns, "hospital clinic" - bizarre ???

There are 100s and 100s of square feet of empty office space on estates in and surrounding Wigan 1000s in the local north west area, a training centre doing what, training who?
Do you honestly think someone would commit millions in hope of a, your words, "a good return" based on your thoughts.

The commercial property sector is on its arse at the moment with lessees of large retail or leisure properties seeking rent reductions more and more just to survive in business, many top high street names not doing so, yet you think it would be a worthwhile investment converting a football stadium for these uses, and you say "I must be living in Cuckoo land", please tell us all you don't work for a pension company.

Last edited:
Kudos night club 50 yards from the ground closed because nobody used it, Frankie and Benny's could not make it pay, the same for the Indian next door, even the super chippy.
What on earth would prompt a Hotel group to build there, retail sector is on its arse due to changing shopping patterns, "hospital clinic" - bizarre ???

There are 100s and 100s of square feet of empty office space on estates in and surrounding Wigan 1000s in the local north west area, a training centre doing what, training who?
Do you honestly think someone would commit millions in hope of a, your words, "a good return" based on your thoughts.

The commercial property sector is on its arse at the moment with lessees of large retail or leisure properties seeking rent reductions more and more just to survive in business, many top high street names not doing so, yet you think it would be a worthwhile investment converting a football stadium for these uses, and you say "I must be living in Cuckoo land", please tell us all you don't work for a pension company.

Mike Ashley has just bought Robin Park Retail Park and intends to transform it, his words not mine.
Why would anyone want to build a hotel on the site of the old Evening Post offices at Martland MIll but they did.

Mike Ashley has just bought Robin Park Retail Park and intends to transform it, his words not mine.
Why would anyone want to build a hotel on the site of the old Evening Post offices at Martland MIll but they did.

They have bought a retail park for 2 millon pounds less than the previous owners paid for it in 2020, they are not converting a redundant stadium like was suggested could happen, purchasing Robin park is also a good investment for Ashley the sports direct store is 15000 sq ft at a rent probably somewhere in the £15 to £20 per ft per annum region so they are paying dead money of c. 225 k to 300 k per year in rent, they will save that straight away over a 25 year lease, which many long term retail ones are, you get the whole park for next to nothing.

As for the hotel on Martland Mill Lane planning and purchase of the land was in 2013, it opened in 2015, 6 years ago was a different age commercially and again not in a totally unsuitable building like a football stadium.

Last edited:
They have bought a retail park for 2 millon pounds less than the previous owners paid for it in 2020, they are not converting a redundant stadium like was suggested could happen, purchasing Robin park is also a good investment for Ashley the sports direct store is 15000 sq ft at a rent probably somewhere in the £15 to £20 per ft per annum region so they are paying dead money of c. 225 k to 300 k per year in rent, they will save that straight away over a 25 year lease, which many long term retail ones are, you get the whole park for next to nothing.

As for the hotel on Martland Mill Lane planning and purchase of the land was in 2013, it opened in 2015, 6 years ago was a different age commercially and again not in a totally unsuitable building like a football stadium.

Not meaning to be rude but if u n Zakky are arguing over what's best for the land adjacent DW then why are you not both property magnets....or even on TV series 'Homes under the Hammer'....make us a few bob n help the club out'.....🤔😉

Point is could more revenue be made from the stadium than currently/ previous ?
Well the only way is up as it's been used for pretty much jack all to date so yes must be the answer.
That said our new owner may not be bothered and run it solely as a sporting venue. If he can afford to that's his choice

Not meaning to be rude but if u n Zakky are arguing over what's best for the land adjacent DW then why are you not both property magnets....or even on TV series 'Homes under the Hammer'....make us a few bob n help the club out'.....🤔😉

I do that for a living, on a small scale, certainly not 'magnetic' * proportions, you get no return letting your pension annuity sit in a bank.

* not sure if magnate(ic) exists.

Last edited:
What about hosting concerts such as Elton John or Lionel Richie?
Because promoters of such concerts want 50 thousand there not 20 thousand, setting up stage, lighting, special effects and sound costs the same in a small stadium as a large one, a bigger stadium gives a bigger return on investment.

Because promoters of such concerts want 50 thousand there not 20 thousand, setting up stage, lighting, special effects and sound costs the same in a small stadium as a large one, a bigger stadium gives a bigger return on investment.
I must have dreamt about watching the Killers and and separately an 80s review show at Bolton a few years ago

I'm sure the new owners, who are investing £millions into our Club,
will have a business plan (Not Choi's) to increase revenue to bring in a good
squad of players and spruce up the Stadium.

No owners of football clubs will keep pouring £millions into a bottomless pit
on a long term basis as it usually ends in disaster for the club,
as we have just found out and other football clubs.

Wasn't the problem with the stadium being used for concerts down to the corners not being closed in ? I seem to remember this being one of the reasons that they were refused a licence to hold concerts.

I don't think the capacity is the problem it is more the layout and location. The layout of the stadium without the corners filled in causes a noise nuisance in the local area and it's location so close to Bolton, MEN Arena and the Liverpool Arena mean that big names might prefer to go elsewhere. Having said that I see no reason for the promoters of lesser known and vintage artists not to see the venue as feasible, if the licence conditions could be met.

Status
Not open for further replies.