Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sun 21 March @ 19:30 - Sky | Page 32 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sun 21 March @ 19:30 - Sky

One thing I do wonder. Maybe we spend too much time on knocking the hell out of each other in training and not enough on individual skills. Our crosses and set pieces tonight were awful. It was the one area where Spurs were streets ahead of us. We're shooting ourselves in the foot if we can't use those situations to our advantage.
#conorcomeback

No surprise Spurs are better than us at the moment without Jack. We needed to score first or if not dont concede. There was only one result once they scored first and they have done it to better teams than us.

It just underlined the chronic lack of depth in our squad. Im sure those in charge will start to address this in the summer. It may take at least another couple of windows to establish ourselves as a top eight side. Oh and a LOT of money.

thank god i didnt watch it ,im on a yellow card from the wife , if i had watch it ,it would have been red. didnt we draw 5 a piece with them at one time, long ago seanie

Oh goodness, no, I disagree there mate. We are on a bad run, that happens, but this isn't the mess and/or transforming season that we had last season.

That's one too far ! lol

Right, night folks.
Current form normally is over 6 games = 5 points and just 3 goals scored.
Across all of 2021, 14 games 15 points, 11 goals.
Pretty dire

I think the players have the same thinking as you, Ah we’re safe no dramas, not like we’re being relegated job done, get the kettle on Doris.

Why shouldn't they, we are already overachieving and now we're balancing out.

Rome wasn't built in a day and they can't already be on the beach otherwise all of us wouldn't be talking about games we could've won (that we lost or drew) had one shot been more comfortably placed.

Going from lights off and winding up orders...what's wrong with midtable this year as a foundation for better next?

The way some talk, we are six years down the line, one billion in the red on transfer spend with a squad of 30 who would be guaranteed starters for every other side in the league.