Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sun 21 March @ 19:30 - Sky | Page 28 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sun 21 March @ 19:30 - Sky

There doesn't have to be a side of the fence. There is no fitting in with an agenda or what argument people are having.

Tonight was piss poor. I would doubt Smith would disagree with that.

We are on a bad run. That is just fact isn't it?

Tonight, I thought, Spurs were average, we were worse. They won't have an easier game this season and that, when their confidence was low.

Ah but 2 years ago ,

I'll get me coat

Christ sake, some would think we were in the relegation zone.

Yes saying we will struggle to get to 50 points. At the start of the season if we talked about getting 50 points it would have been laughed off the forum.

Not sure where some think we should be , apart from where we are which is a true reflection of how good a team we are. Really happy we are a mid table team.

We have degenerated into a poor side and are probably playing the worst football in the league. What's worse, we are so predictable. Easy to setup for and carry no threat in the last 3rd. We are in big trouble next year if we don't find a way to turn this around.
That’s a bit harsh for me. SJM has been awful, touch of a rapist at times, Luiz comes to life for ten mins. This is Sansons what, third start? Thought he had some glimpses one of which led to our first shot.

I don’t get the spotlight on Sanson to be a saviour from day one to make up for all the shite around him. We have some shite to cover too, someone said earlier it’s like playing with 9 men.

And yes, they do need time to settle, especially when they come from that shite farmers league, where the pace is nothing like the game here.

He has not done one thing that excites me or makes me think that we have a hidden gem. No killer pass, no exciting dribbles, no shots on target. At least Traore has something about him once in every 10 games. Hoping that he is still finding his feet and there is more to come.

Yes saying we will struggle to get to 50 points. At the start of the season if we talked about getting 50 points it would have been laughed off the forum.

Not sure where some think we should be , apart from where we are which is a true reflection of how good a team we are. Really happy we are a mid table team.
But we’re not performing as a mid table team. That’s the problem.

Lost in whatever the role he has him playing now, that is for sure.

We aren't trying anything different and that worries me, we look tired and sussed out. The lack of momentum, which was lovely to see earlier in the season, is startling and that was happening when Jack was IN the team as well before his injury.

Lord help us and Dean if this shite continues with Jack in the team. That will be Plan A and our plan going down the drain !

So boring, annoying and frustrating to keep saying the same thing. But if KD is good enough to bring on to try and turn it round with his usual 10 or 12 minutes, why not actually give him a chance in a continually toothless Villa from the start. Twice he got the ball in the box, once to set up Barkley, once to get a shot in himself. We didn't manage a single shot in the first half. It is just not fair on KD. With the impetus we had for the first half hour, but no end product, and Spurs defence all at sea, it was a game crying out for him from the start.