Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1211 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Liverpool cant buy a win at Anfield, and Klopp, generally accepted by most as one of the best currently in the game cant seem to do a thing about it.
Compare that situation to our own Deano, nowhere near as experienced as Herr Klopp and with a squad way below the ability of Liverpools, and Deano gets a rough ride.

Liverpool cant buy a win at Anfield, and Klopp, generally accepted by most as one of the best currently in the game cant seem to do a thing about it.
Compare that situation to our own Deano, nowhere near as experienced as Herr Klopp and with a squad way below the ability of Liverpools, and Deano gets a rough ride.

I am sure he will have to face the music for being so poor this season.

Yes I am sure he will, but the point I am trying to make is that even with his vast experience in Germany and here, and his far better squad he still seems unable to get to the bottom of why Liverpool, who flattened everything in front of them last season, have slumped, just like we have, and he cant seem to do anything about it.

They have never ever lost five consecutive home games in their history, and it cant just be because the opposition have "found them out".

Whenever I’ve watched liverpool in these games where they’re losing, they end up with almost a flat 4 or 5 up front. As long as you go 5 at the back, sit deep and and cut the space out, you can happily let them have the ball at the back and in midfield because they don’t have the quality from further out to hit you like they did in the past.

It’s really odd why liverpool end up with almost a 3-3-4 formation every time but aren’t very threatening.

Whenever I’ve watched liverpool in these games where they’re losing, they end up with almost a flat 4 or 5 up front. As long as you go 5 at the back, sit deep and and cut the space out, you can happily let them have the ball at the back and in midfield because they don’t have the quality to hit you like they did in the past.

It’s really odd why liverpool end up with almost a 3-3-4 formation but aren’t very threatening.
Its what Fulham are doing now, but it begs the question why cant Klopp see it and change it.

Its what Fulham are doing now, but it begs the question why cant Klopp see it and change it.

It’s what West Brom, Newcastle and Burnley all did to avoid defeat.

Liverpool excelled with a couple of good but hardly great players, a few injuries as they don’t look any better than our first XI.

My view of Klopp is that his biggest strength is motivation. The problem with that is after a while it becomes less effective as the players get used to the same things being said over and over again.

My view of Klopp is that his biggest strength is motivation. The problem with that is after a while it becomes less effective as the players get used to the same things being said over and over again.
There's a malaise over the entire club at this stage and that tone has been set by the owners. Their transfer business this season has been largely embarrassing. It's very much like Villa in the latter days under Lerner.

I think you’re right, though I think man management can take you a long way. A Leeds fan I work with was saying to me Bielsa makes every player better - even Bamford - because of that.

After a while of doing the same thing and getting the same result, once that starts to fatigue you need something else. Liverpool don’t really have a plan B, they were very quick and clinical last season along with being very fit, but it seems they struggle to break down teams who basically play 5 at the back as their strength is either playing in behind or between the lines.

Scott Parker isn’t highly rated on here but I think he’s doing a great little job at fulham considering paddy power paid out on relegation at the start of the season.

Whatever it is he has left his substitutions until the same time as us, and so far about as effective as us. (they will score now)

I am eagerly waiting for the day when I can be confident we can beat any team outside the top 6 without Jack. Does not look like it can happen with Dean in charge but for as long as he is here he can achieve that, so lets us wait to see what happens next season. I can accept if the plan is to work on improving parts of the team gradually each season, starting with the defence this season which we have successfully achieved. I hate seeing teams like Fulham and Brighton play good attractive football whereas we are praying for Jack to be back to look like we can.
I have been waiting for that day for sixty years Divine.

I think you’re right, though I think man management can take you a long way. A Leeds fan I work with was saying to me Bielsa makes every player better - even Bamford - because of that.

After a while of doing the same thing and getting the same result, once that starts to fatigue you need something else. Liverpool don’t really have a plan B, they were very quick and clinical last season along with being very fit, but it seems they struggle to break down teams who basically play 5 at the back as their strength is either playing in behind or between the lines.

Scott Parker isn’t highly rated on here but I think he’s doing a great little job at fulham considering paddy power paid out on relegation at the start of the season.

He has indeed. When you don't have quality players you are forced to get the team to play in an effective way together. The biggest disadvantage for a team like ours is that we have a world class player who is so damn good, he can do so much on his own that the temptation is to take the path of least resistance and just pass the ball to him and let him do his thing.