Aston Villa v Leicester City Match Thread - Sun 21 Feb @ 2.05pm - Sky | Page 8 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City Match Thread - Sun 21 Feb @ 2.05pm - Sky

You have to think the two things, his loss of form and the injury, are related.... a bit like the McGinn situation last season...

Yes, I would think his drop in form is injury-related and that particularly showed against Brighton where he was closely marked but then when isn't he and he generally loses his close markers.

His injury makes sense now.

No choice but to play a different style now, .

This is the part that will be most under my microscope for me, as to whether we do play a different style even if on paper it looks like a straight swap with AEG in for Jack.

We can’t have three behind Ollie in no mans land, Leicester will pepper our goal from the edge of the box. We can’t play 90% of our play down the left hand side through AEG, he just isn’t good enough.

It’s intriguing and knowing how stubborn Deano is with his philosophy, I’m not expecting a significant change. I guess some managers want to look at the bigger picture in terms of implementing that style no matter what, whereas us fans want to win the here and now.

Disappointing Jack is out but some of the reaction on social media is embarrassing tbh...if we’re going to compete at the top end of the Premiership we have to build a squad which doesn’t rely on one player, who, when out doesn’t send the fan base into meltdown with thoughts of ‘that’s it, we’ve lost’....we’ve actually got some half decent players other than Jack. Hope the starting eleven show a bit more belief today than some of the fans. Truth is,over the past few games Jack has been nowhere near his best. A bit of a break might do him the world of good and it’s not as if we’re in the situation we were last year worrying about relegation. Gutted he’s out, as we all are but time for the ‘team‘ to show their worth without him.

Yes, I would think his drop in form is injury-related and that particularly showed against Brighton where he was closely marked but then when isn't he and he generally loses his close markers.

His injury makes sense now.
Hasn't been on his game for weeks has he despite all the outsiders saying how well he is playing, we know he wasn't, Dean should have subbed him against Brighton

Shin splints are a horrible injury, nothing you can do apart from rest.

And he’ll straight from the premier league into the Euro’s, a few weeks off and back into pre-season in July.

We need a bigger squad or he’ll become a crock.

Brave team selection. Assuming Marvellous is fit, he would play for me. Traore and Anwar are too often luxuries,let's hope that they put in a shift.

Yep, I would’ve gone proper 4-3-3 and dropped Barkley with the ability to go 4-5-1 if we are under the cosh.

But 4-2-3-1 is it...

Disappointing Jack is out but some of the reaction on social media is embarrassing tbh...if we’re going to compete at the top end of the Premiership we have to build a squad which doesn’t rely on one player, who, when out doesn’t send the fan base into meltdown with thoughts of ‘that’s it, we’ve lost’....we’ve actually got some half decent players other than Jack. Hope the starting eleven show a bit more belief today than some of the fans. Truth is,over the past few games Jack has been nowhere near his best. A bit of a break might do him the world of good and it’s not as if we’re in the situation we were last year worrying about relegation. Gutted he’s out, as we all are but time for the ‘team‘ to show their worth without him.

:clap::clap: