We are not Alone | Vital Football

We are not Alone

That’s old news from last week, but doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. I would say Swindon would be one of the first to go

If they do hit the financial wall it won't even register in the higher reaches of the footballing leagues. Until it happens to a 'big' club no one outside of Swindon Town FC, their fans & the local community will raise an eyebrow, not the EFL, FA or any other governing body. Now if it was to happen to the likes of Arsenal / Chelsea / Utd....then it wud be screamed from the roof tops.

If they do hit the financial wall it won't even register in the higher reaches of the footballing leagues. Until it happens to a 'big' club no one outside of Swindon Town FC, their fans & the local community will raise an eyebrow, not the EFL, FA or any other governing body. Now if it was to happen to the likes of Arsenal / Chelsea / Utd....then it wud be screamed from the roof tops.

It will happen to Man City and Chelsea at some point. It's just a waiting game. Chelsea I would say due to location and brand will be able to be more self sufficient than City when it goes pop but will still revert to the mid table club they were before the money arrived. Man City have had that much money thrown at them there is no way they could ever recover from their owners walking away. They were a nothing club with a big name before the money arrived.

Unlike us when we went into admin Swindon will have very few assets to sell off to balance the books and they haven't got as much of anywhere near as high profile name as we had based on recent history. Thanks to that we were able to rely on some high profile ex players and the publicity to raise 800k which has been a big help, Swindon will struggle to fund raise even a quarter of that. So i really do fear for them.

As painful as it was for us to be unjustly put in admin, it's probably never been as scary for us as it will be for their fans if they fall into it.

Apologies to any genuine Swindon fans but after how we have been treated by the authorities, how the vultures circled for our players i honestly don't give a shit what happens to any other team now.

Look after ourselves from here on in.

It will happen to Man City and Chelsea at some point. It's just a waiting game. Chelsea I would say due to location and brand will be able to be more self sufficient than City when it goes pop but will still revert to the mid table club they were before the money arrived. Man City have had that much money thrown at them there is no way they could ever recover from their owners walking away. They were a nothing club with a big name before the money arrived.

I think when you get to a certain level of glamour and global notoriety like they are at they'd easily find a rich new owner if their current owners put them on the market. Even if they had to downsize on spending compared to where they are now i don't think they realistically have to worry about an admin situation as the owners can get a better price selling it on than they would get from resorting to calling in administrators. I don't think what happened with us and the Choi / Yeung 'deal' will ever happen again - it was a complete one off.

Apologies to any genuine Swindon fans but after how we have been treated by the authorities, how the vultures circled for our players i honestly don't give a shit what happens to any other team now.

Look after ourselves from here on in.

We certainly do have to look after ourselves first but we can still have sympathy for what their poor fans are about to go through - it will possibly be even worse than what we have suffered.

We certainly do have to look after ourselves first but we can still have sympathy for what their poor fans are about to go through - it will possibly be even worse than what we have suffered.

TBH I would have sympathy for the fans other clubs who find themselves in the same position as us, bar one, Barnsley.

I know there are genuine fans in their fanbase but some of the comments made by the idiots on their forum are beyond the pale.

I know some similar comments have been traded by our support but there has been balance from other of our more level headed fans, but I have seen little evidence that that has happened in their case.

Did anyone else pick up on the "the EFL have been great" quote? . Well they were far less than great with us it was their cock up letting the Krays put us into this situation. Anyway can we please find an owner before all these clubs hit the buffers and need owners themselves.

Did anyone else pick up on the "the EFL have been great" quote? . Well they were far less than great with us it was their cock up letting the Krays put us into this situation. Anyway can we please find an owner before all these clubs hit the buffers and need owners themselves.

The EFL's problem was they immediately announced they would dock us points before investigating and understanding the situation properly. They literally announced points deduction within hours before they had a clue what had really went on. Other clubs have had issues like Blackpool but they were less trigger happy and never confirmed what could have been a deduction so they could say they weren't going to punish under the circumstances. It was like trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

If they said they would look into it before rendering their decision i think we'd have had a decent chance to able to avoid the deduction or at least get a reduction but as soon as they confirmed our punishment they made it a nightmare to back out of.

The EFL's problem was they immediately announced they would dock us points before investigating and understanding the situation properly. They literally announced points deduction within hours before they had a clue what had really went on. Other clubs have had issues like Blackpool but they were less trigger happy and never confirmed what could have been a deduction so they could say they weren't going to punish under the circumstances. It was like trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

If they said they would look into it before rendering their decision i think we'd have had a decent chance to able to avoid the deduction or at least get a reduction but as soon as they confirmed our punishment they made it a nightmare to back out of.

I'd disagree about the EFL's problem being them immediately announcing the points deduction before investigating the circumstances.
We entered administration/suffered an insolvency event and it's an automatic 15pnt deduction regardless of the circumstances & that is something that all member clubs have agreed to (rules are rules as those Barnsley plant pots kept repeating)
Whether we got shafted by an owner stitching us up or had simply spent way beyond our means till the cash ran out is irrelevant under the current rules.
We never had any chance of fighting off that 15 point deduction & would have had no chance even if the EFL had waited to find out the full facts - lets not forget that we appealed it to an independent tribunal & lost coz under its rules the EFL had to do what they did as unfair as that felt on us
No club has ever successfully appealed an administrative points deduction either by having it removed or having it reduced

The Blackpool scenario you mention was a completely different kettle of fish. They were put into administration by a judge in order to allow that other fella to get the club off the Oyston's - they never suffered an insolvency event. Latics did - we had no income & nothing with which to pay the bills or wages.

I said it at the time of the appeal that, after what they'd been saying, I expected Begbies & the lawyer to pull some rabbit out of the hat so to hear them just repeat what was already in the public domain (i.e. Au Yeung had pulled a swift one & it was all very suss) was really disappointing & seemed like a complete waste of £500k - looking back you can argue that as a deal hung on us staying up it was worth chancing their arm but on hearing the tribunal's judgement we never had any chance of winning that appeal

That’s old news from last week, but doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. I would say Swindon would be one of the first to go
Our Plight is OLD, and we are by no means out of the woods,
a lot of Clubs are in a similar position, Bury and Macc were
expelled from the League because of financial debt.

It needs some big Clubs to face what's happened to us.

I'd disagree about the EFL's problem being them immediately announcing the points deduction before investigating the circumstances.
We entered administration/suffered an insolvency event and it's an automatic 15pnt deduction regardless of the circumstances & that is something that all member clubs have agreed to (rules are rules as those Barnsley plant pots kept repeating)
Whether we got shafted by an owner stitching us up or had simply spent way beyond our means till the cash ran out is irrelevant under the current rules.
We never had any chance of fighting off that 15 point deduction & would have had no chance even if the EFL had waited to find out the full facts - lets not forget that we appealed it to an independent tribunal & lost coz under its rules the EFL had to do what they did as unfair as that felt on us
No club has ever successfully appealed an administrative points deduction either by having it removed or having it reduced

The Blackpool scenario you mention was a completely different kettle of fish. They were put into administration by a judge in order to allow that other fella to get the club off the Oyston's - they never suffered an insolvency event. Latics did - we had no income & nothing with which to pay the bills or wages.

I said it at the time of the appeal that, after what they'd been saying, I expected Begbies & the lawyer to pull some rabbit out of the hat so to hear them just repeat what was already in the public domain (i.e. Au Yeung had pulled a swift one & it was all very suss) was really disappointing & seemed like a complete waste of £500k - looking back you can argue that as a deal hung on us staying up it was worth chancing their arm but on hearing the tribunal's judgement we never had any chance of winning that appeal

In all honesty MB there is still some debate as to whether at the time of the administration being triggered we were in an insolvency event or whether the appointment of the admins triggered the event.

I know its semantics and possibly just wishful thinking but at the time that Au Yeung approached Begbies the club was still solvent and it was only the next months wages and bills that sent us into insolvency and therefore the statement from the EFL was premature. The club had paid its debts and wages for the month that Au Yeung took over but his non payment of the following months accounts was the action that put us into insolvency.

Regardless of all that you are correct in that as soon as the event was triggered the EFL had no other option than to place the penalty point deduction on us.

Whether the time lag would have made a difference is a moot point really.

I thought it was about favourite Michael Jackson songs. :(
Surly if it was michael jackson favourite song it would have been more like two little boys
Oh hang on wasnt that by rolf harris