Crewe - Game Thread .... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Crewe - Game Thread ....

What a superb half. After a shaky first 25 seconds, our high energy, pressing, staying on our man, forcing errors game plan is the most effective I have seen for a long, long time.

Let’s hope we can keep it up second half.

Credit the coaching team. Crewe just can't cope with the high pressing game.

A superb strategy put in place by Evans and excellently executed by the lads. Evans knows Crewe play it about nicelt and probably haven't really got the players to do it and he's set us up to press them and give them not time on the ball. It's an energy sapping way to play, but we for once have good experienced players on the bench and five subs to use.

Do Crewe always play like this? And if they do, how on earth are they up in 8th? Credit to us, though, we've been pretty ruthless in pressing them and forcing the mistakes.

Incidentally, for those who don't like the Gills commentator, if you set the audio to the Away setting, there's no commentary, just the noise coming the pitch and the sidelines.

Why on Earth haven't Crewe changed their tactics?? Very stubborn to continue playing this way when it's clearly being completely nullified.

Terrific first half from the boys in blue though.

Crewe's gameplan is simply idiotic.
20 minutes and 2 more goals later and I would like to change my assessment to simply moronic.

It's like they've had the fear of god instilled into them so won't pass it further than 10 yards no matter what the situation is. I know we're not the best team but at least we generally play smart. Their passing in our half looks pretty slick but when they can't get beyond the halfway line it's totally pointless. Glad we haven't gone down this stubborn quest for a footballing side!

Credit to the players and SE for boxing them in though. SE knows exactly how to set the team up against these types of sides.

Want us to be great in the second half but will settle for Dempsey being mediocre - another goal from him and he`ll be snapped up by a Championship club by Sunday.