Jan Transfer Window | Page 15 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

5m in wages however is true.

With paying up Fulham contract, agent fees & wages over 3 years £25k per week for 3 years - then, yep - broadly £5m - however, it wasn't phrased in that way!

Harry had the elation of getting Fulham promoted, only to then be told he's free to go - joins Forest, gets injured (twice), being played out of position and fighting for a place in an overstocked midfield.

Personally, I still think this will prove to be a good signing for NFFC - but, as ever, time will tell.

With paying up Fulham contract, agent fees & wages over 3 years £25k per week for 3 years - then, yep - broadly £5m - however, it wasn't phrased in that way!

Harry had the elation of getting Fulham promoted, only to then be told he's free to go - joins Forest, gets injured (twice), being played out of position and fighting for a place in an overstocked midfield.

Personally, I still think this will prove to be a good signing for NFFC - but, as ever, time will tell.

I seem to recall that Watson was no overnight success for us; in the end no one wanted him to leave.

No reason Arter cannot turn out the same

I seem to recall that Watson was no overnight success for us; in the end no one wanted him to leave.

No reason Arter cannot turn out the same

You would think signing a domestic player around 30 years old on a top-whack wage with no resale value wouldn't require a year to bed in.

If players who ought to hit the ground running looking at their wage, age, value and experience with no resale value require a year of being in the team and being shit before they contribute anything of value, then what is the point in signing them over a younger, hungrier player with resale value that you would expect to need time to bed in?

Just reeks of a completely incompetent, bullshit strategy.

Of course he is not getting any younger; if we are looking for players who can defy the laws of physics we might have to cast our net wider than the lower leagues, we might have to consider players currently operating in different Galaxies.

I think you are being very harsh describing Grabban as rubbish; very harsh indeed.

It is certainly no coincidence that our fortunes have turned round since he has come back into the side.

Taylor is a very poor substitute for Grabban

Sorry - I have to disagree with this comment - 2nd half against Stoke - we created many opportunities after a very lack-lustre and uninterested Grabban was replaced by Taylor.

Sorry - I have to disagree with this comment - 2nd half against Stoke - we created many opportunities after a very lack-lustre and uninterested Grabban was replaced by Taylor.

I thought the same in that Stoke game, but Grabban is undoubtedly the better footballer. I'm talking ability & technique not attitude or application.

I think we have 2 very good, yet different strikers - but the common problems are the lack of creating good chances (i.e. a true No.10) and the lack of support for the lone striker.

It's a thankless task having to press defenders, chase down errant passes and also hold the ball up long enough for support to arrive.

Hughton does seem to be trying to get us playing higher up the park and Cafu is doing his best in a position, that he's not really played in the past.

Our wingers have been largely disappointing and the crosses from overlapping full backs even worse.

Losing Cash, whilst inevitable, is obviously hurting us - but, he truly looks a Premier League player - so, that's the reason why his loss to us in so great.

Hughton has to get players off the books, if he wants to bring some of his own players in - hopefully, we'll keep Knocky on loan - which should settle him down and continue to improve for us.

Arter 100% is, or at least was, a very good player. That doesn't necessarily make him good value or a good signing especially given our numbers there.

Not sure many footballers can be considered good value CP.

On the premise, we need 2 players for each position - then with Sabri playing 2x dcms = we had Yates & Samba Sow, the latter injured more often than not.

Knowing that Watson didn't want to stay & Silva had pushed for a move too, adding Colback & Arter seemed reasonable business - especially, with the volume of games.

Freeman as a no.10 was one that most of us were happy about.

Cafu - initially regarded as another DCM, just added another body - although, he's not looked too bad recently, couple of assists - just wish he'd scored against Stoke.

Not sure many footballers can be considered good value CP.

On the premise, we need 2 players for each position - then with Sabri playing 2x dcms = we had Yates & Samba Sow, the latter injured more often than not.

Knowing that Watson didn't want to stay & Silva had pushed for a move too, adding Colback & Arter seemed reasonable business - especially, with the volume of games.

Freeman as a no.10 was one that most of us were happy about.

Cafu - initially regarded as another DCM, just added another body - although, he's not looked too bad recently, couple of assists - just wish he'd scored against Stoke.

And the dude from Sweden...

Taylor did get into one or two promising positions against Stoke but Knockheart would not pass the ball to him.

I just do not buy this "lack lustre and uninterested" trope which gets bandied around every time Grabban has an off day.

Its been thrown at him before and found to be untrue.

And the dude from Sweden...

Easy mistaker to maker - forgot about Bachirou!

PURELY GOSSIP...... I was told by a former NFFC employee, that Marinnakis read the riot act to Sabri & the players (after defeats to Barnsley in the cup, QPR away & the Cardiff at home) that Bachirou was one of several players that should not play for Forest again.

Squad for Barnsley in cup:

Forest: Samba; Gabriel, Figueiredo, Blackett, Ribeiro; Yates, Bachirou; Ameobi (Mighten 59'), Carvalho (L.Taylor 59'), Da Costa; Grabban (c) (Freeman 69')

Subs not used: Smith, Colback, Jenkinson, Dawson

Carvalho & Da Costa have already gone, Bachirou has not featured since and Blackett disappeared a few games later.

Taylor did get into one or two promising positions against Stoke but Knockheart would not pass the ball to him.

I just do not buy this "lack lustre and uninterested" trope which gets bandied around every time Grabban has an off day.

Its been thrown at him before and found to be untrue.
It's all a matter of perception I guess. I have to say that there are times particularly when he is closing down or pressing that he does seem to be merely going through the motions, and gives the impression that it is a bit half hearted or at least that is how it looks to me. There is no doubt that Grabban is better than Taylor from a technical point of view, but I think Taylor has it on the effort side, or as I said at the beginning maybe that's just perception

PURELY GOSSIP...... I was told by a former NFFC employee, that Marinnakis read the riot act to Sabri & the players (after defeats to Barnsley in the cup, QPR away & the Cardiff at home) that Bachirou was one of several players that should not play for Forest again.

Forest: Samba; Gabriel, Figueiredo, Blackett, Ribeiro; Yates, Bachirou; Ameobi (Mighten 59'), Carvalho (L.Taylor 59'), Da Costa; Grabban (c) (Freeman 69')

Carvalho & Da Costa have already gone, Bachirou has not featured since and Blackett disappeared a few games later.

His hired clowns recruited Bachirou.

Why doesn't he just tell those fuckers to NEVER recruit another player for Forest again?

So, more Zoom call bollockings? Did they say he read the riot act after each performance (3 times) or after all three games (once)?

So, more Zoom call bollockings? Did they say he read the riot act after each performance (3 times) or after all three games (once)?

Sabri used to speak to him after most, if not, every game, but EM called a meeting for all players & staff after the poor start - I don't know after which game, I think it was Cardiff at home.

Barnsley in the cup was a truly woeful performance, but as reported, we started back training around 2 weeks after most other clubs.

Sabri gave them extra time off, after the Stoke collapse and equally, wasn't sure whether he'd be kept on.

Nottingham Forest are thought to be close to signing Filip Krovinovic, who is currently on loan with West Brom from Benfica.

It had been reported that he would be joining Greek outfit PAOK.

Reports from Greece have claimed that Forest are ‘preparing to submit a proposal’ to Benfica, which has put them ahead of PAOK as favourites to land the midfielder.

Could you send me a big bag of whatever it is you are smoking these days - I will PM you the address details

You clearly need something to make you see straight. Grabban is a joke, a bad apple, bad dressing room, bad performances for a year, 2 goals im 30 odd, no pride, no passion, not even looked like he cared when ducking from a header and didnt look to care when scoring a pen either. Should have been ditched a year ago