Jan Transfer Window | Page 13 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Send Knockers Arse back, get rid of the dross clogging up the squad, is Lolley happy here anymore, if not flog him, is Arter not happy? Sell him, bring in Dembele, Grosicki, and Alex Mowett.. that will do me.

I do not think Arter will be easy to get rid of, and I'm not sure we need both Dembele and Grosicki; Peterborough will be in no rush to offload Dembele despite his transfer request, but at least there is a chance he might turn up, Grosicki on the other hand....

Lolley is another who has had to be nursed back after last seasons exertions; hopefully we will see better from him in the near future.

Mowett looks like a good player whenever I have seen him play, but why are no other Clubs interested in him?

He certainly looks better then the level he is playing at.

One that I would like to see us make a bid for is Gustav Hamer at Coventry; he looks like a tremendous player - he would not be cheap but I am sure we have a few youngsters they would be interested in as part exchange.

Jake Taylor is being recalled from his loan at Scunthorpe; it looks like we have had a good offer for him.

Jake is a decent player but we are not short of attacking midfield players at that level; Mighten, Johnson, and Konate are all in front of him

I do not think Arter will be easy to get rid of, and I'm not sure we need both Dembele and Grosicki; Peterborough will be in no rush to offload Dembele despite his transfer request, but at least there is a chance he might turn up, Grosicki on the other hand....

Lolley is another who has had to be nursed back after last seasons exertions; hopefully we will see better from him in the near future.

Mowett looks like a good player whenever I have seen him play, but why are no other Clubs interested in him?

One that I would like to see us make a bid for is Gustav Hamer at Coventry; he looks like a tremendous player - he would not be cheap but I am sure we have a few youngsters they would be interested in as part exchange.

Jake Taylor is being recalled from his loan at Scunthorpe; it looks like we have had a good offer for him.

Jake is a decent player but we are not short of attacking midfield players at that level; Mighten, Johnson, and Konate are all in front of him

Taylor could well be off to Port Vale, I know they made an offer before, but any deal will be low initial fee, but incremental on appearances and a hefty sell on clause.

Callum O'Hare from Coventry (aged 22, attacking midfielder) was one I'd been keeping an eye on - scored against us, but he may just have played well against us, as he only has 2 goals this season & '0' assists?

taylor looks far more threat than grabz and works harder. neither of them are lone strikers. we need to play 2 strikers simple as that

Could you send me a big bag of whatever it is you are smoking these days - I will PM you the address details

Taylor could well be off to Port Vale, I know they made an offer before, but any deal will be low initial fee, but incremental on appearances and a hefty sell on clause.

Callum O'Hare from Coventry (aged 22, attacking midfielder) was one I'd been keeping an eye on - scored against us, but he may just have played well against us, as he only has 2 goals this season & '0' assists?

O Hare is decent but he is very inconsistent.

Hamer plays in a similar role to what Watson did last season but covers far more ground.

He is a very mature player for a 23 year old and certainly knows how to run the show.

We would need to get in quick though because he is destined to play in the PL in the not too distant future

O Hare is decent but he is very inconsistent.

Hamer plays in a similar role to what Watson did last season but covers far more ground.

He is a very mature player for a 23 year old and certainly knows how to run the show.

We would need to get in quick though because he is destined to play in the PL in the not too distant future

From what I've seen of Hamer, he looks class and no idea how he ended up at Coventry.

I guess they must have a scouting team that recommends players based on suitability and talent as opposed to doing favours for agents.

Arter, 30k per week, 3 year contract but no doubt in your mind another example of our fantastic recruitment.

Arter, 30k per week, 3 year contract but no doubt in your mind another example of our fantastic recruitment.

You talk as if recruitment is an exact science, which of course it is not.

After last seasons collapse it was patently obvious that we needed more experience and leadership in the side; after all we did have team that lacked both qualities.

We also needed numbers as we had players leaving and others with contracts up; given the frequency of games and the injuries and suspensions we have suffered, it was good job we did sign so many or we would be in a bigger mess.

Of the players we signed, 4 are on loan and 5 came in on free transfers and 5 cost a fee; the total shelled out on those 5 was around 12m, 10m of which was spent on two players - 2 players who will have a good sell on value.

The size of the squad which includes the bomb squad and outgoing loans is much smaller than it has been in the past, and the wage bill will also be down.

Other than the youngsters, no player has a contract that lasts beyond 2023, and over half of the current squad, excluding the youngsters, will have contracts expiring in 2022, - 8 this season and 7 next season.

But by all means use Arter as a stick to beat the Club with; there cant be too many more sticks left at the bottom of that barrel you are rummaging around in so you had better make the most of the ones you have got.

After last seasons collapse it was patently obvious that we needed more experience and leadership in the side; after all we did have team that lacked both qualities.

We also needed numbers as we had players leaving and others with contracts up; given the frequency of games and the injuries and suspensions we have suffered, it was good job we did sign so many or we would be in a bigger mess.

Of the players we signed, 4 are on loan and 5 came in on free transfers and 5 cost a fee; the total shelled out on those 5 was around 12m, 10m of which was spent on two players - 2 players who will have a good sell on value.

The size of the squad which includes the bomb squad and outgoing loans is much smaller than it has been in the past, and the wage bill will also be down.

Other than the youngsters, no player has a contract that lasts beyond 2023, and over half of the current squad, excluding the youngsters, will have contracts expiring in 2022, - 8 this season and 7 next season.

But by all means use Arter as a stick to beat the Club with; there cant be too many more sticks left at the bottom of that barrel you are rummaging around in so you had better make the most of the ones you have got.

Yeah our season to date is definitive proof of your narrative...have you chosen me a bottle yet?

Can you break down this 12m? 3m for Mckenna, 750k for Ioannou, about the same or less for Bachirou, so where is the rest? I am drawing a blank...
Colback,
Guerrero
Arter
Taylor
Diallo
Blackett - All on a free

Knocks, Cafu, Christie, Freeman on loan

Can you break down this 12m? 3m for Mckenna, 750k for Ioannou, about the same or less for Bachirou, so where is the rest? I am drawing a blank...
Colback,
Guerrero
Arter
Taylor
Diallo
Blackett - All on a free

Adding in Soh at 5m was it?

Colback,
Guerrero
Arter
Taylor
Diallo
Blackett - All on a free

You are quite right we spent 3m on McKenna and not 5m - around 5m on Soh - around 1m to pay Arter's contract at Fulham off and around 400k each for Bachirou and Ioannou