Argyle | Vital Football

Argyle

They can’t be that bad again ,Shirley ?
Sorry, bad news. It can be that bad again. The reason is that my proposed walk is cancelled. As I'll be stuck at home I'll feel obliged to throw away another tenner on watching the Gills lose again.

I dare not save the money and listen on the radio in case Rotherhithe slags me off again for being a tightarse.

Sorry everyone.

Last edited:
Sorry, bad news. I can be that bad again. The reason is that my proposed walk is cancelled. As I'll be stuck at home I'll feel obliged to throw away another tenner on watching the Gills lose again.

I dare not save the money and listen on the radio in case Rotherhithe slags me off again for being a tightarse.

Sorry everyone.
Was just going to start a thread entitled “advice please”. In case you’d forgotten, in the last month or so the only game I didn’t watch was the win at Rochdale. After wasting another tenner on Tuesday I vowed that for the greater good I would give todays game a miss, busy myself elsewhere and just listen to the commentary.

However it’s now Saturday and I have a yearning to watch 11 headless chickens aimlessly lumping the ball to no-one in particular............

After reading that 58 is gonna pay and watch, I too, am thinking “fuck it, back to work on Monday, how much worse can the weekend get”. Therefore I am in.

Plus I think Herrl is the real bad luck charm.

Just read that Jordan Graham might be on the bench or even start today!?
Not sure if that is SE kidology or a genuine hope. Either way I am encouraged that he is at least close to coming back!

You do know the money probably goes to Plymouth right ? Although seems to be lots of conflicting info on it I think the away teams only gets a share once their supporters purchase above a set number. If below that number it goes to the home team.

Might be wrong though.

I'm undecided on today - although Graham is back and that might just sway it for me

Historically our record at Plymouth is abysmal- just saying. Hopefully one or two underperformers will realise they are playing for their futures with us.

You do know the money probably goes to Plymouth right ? Although seems to be lots of conflicting info on it I think the away teams only gets a share once their supporters purchase above a set number. If below that number it goes to the home team.

Might be wrong though.

Yes that`s right. It all depends on what Plymouth and GFC agree would be the expected "away following". If it`s agreed that the probable "away following" would be 250 Gills fans then PAFC take 250 x £10`s from Gills` total number of iFollow packages bought. Gills benefit from the excess number, less ST passes. That`s how I recall it from the details published by Accy.

It would be interesting to see the actual figures! A few months back Accrington Stanley published info demonstrating the formula used.

Bonham, Jackson, Drysdale, Ogilvie, O'Connor, Eccles, Robertson, McKenzie, Dempsey, Graham, Oliver.

subs: Maghoma, Tucker, Willock, MacDonald, Coyle, Akinde