Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day | Page 44 | Vital Football

Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day

Think Ollie‘s performance tonight was typical of a forward who hasn’t scored for a few games, perhaps affecting his confidence a bit but unfortunately we haven’t really got many options at present. Hope he doesn’t now start to become the whipping boy. Needs a goal for sure but he isn’t now a poor forward because he hasn’t scored for a while! Can’t fault his work rate and application.

Don't knock it mate he's Brazilian they do stuff like that the alternative are players who are shit scared to have the ball and never give it away because they have it

You say that mate and Watkins was looking around in the middle of the park, Luiz 20 yards right of him, and Luiz literally went hiding behind the ref and then Watkins get's dispossessed which I thought was really bizarre.

I've watched every game this season and it's only this game he has bothered with these back heels, I didn't like them half the time If I'm honest just too risky, do it when you're winning the match and can afford to be a bit cocky.

Well we've had a few decent chances and didn't take them so all our own doing, if you give them 2 goals at OT you ain't winning many.
As I said a couple of days back they have some very good players who cost a lot of money for a reason and we've matched them for most of the game

They do but by reporting it as such would be inaccurate. If they include some opinion then that’s different.

Nope totally wrong mate with respect. They will not know exactly why it was given but the one thing it wasn't given for was a 'clip'. The line should be Pogba went down amidst a challenge. Or you hang your hat on him being pulled back in a tussle.

If you lead with clip as justification you have to challenge that assertion by mentioning it was controversial as it seems he clipped himself.

Reporting is a bug bear of mine which is ironic given the bollocks I post lol

Well we've had a few decent chances and didn't take them so all our own doing, if you give them 2 goals at OT you ain't winning many.
As I said a couple of days back they have some very good players who cost a lot of money for a reason and we've matched them for most of the game

They were a lot better than Chelsea that’s for sure. Seemed to have watched loads of villa lately and Manure were by far the best team we have played.

You say that mate and Watkins was looking around in the middle of the park, Luiz 20 yards right of him, and Luiz literally went hiding behind the ref and then Watkins get's dispossessed which I thought was really bizarre.

I've watched every game this season and it's only this game he has bothered with these back heels, I didn't like them half the time If I'm honest just too risky, do it when you're winning the match and can afford to be a bit cocky.

I agree mates he cut it out last season but it's in the DNA they can't help it sometimes just like Jack when he holds the ball too long but when it comes off it's the difference between winning a game and not winning

Starting to get a bit angry about the Ollie bashing.

Best striker we've had in a long long time.

All strikers go through baron spells. He was absolutely brilliant on boxing day and since then has faced Chelsea and Man United. Not many strikers outside the top 6 are gonna come away from those 2 games with a hat full of goals.

Give the guy a break.

In fairness as well, we've largely been playing well so back heels and the like are a sign of confidence and belief....even Traore was up to it tonight.

When it goes wrong it goes wrong hugely....but there's a positive to them being tried in my book.

All strikers go through baron spells. He was absolutely brilliant on boxing day and since then has faced Chelsea and Man United. Not many strikers outside the top 6 are gonna come away from those 2 games with a hat full of goals.

Give the guy a break.

I :love: him... and his work rate. Maybe take this into the Ollie thread after tonight. Think he's good, would like to see cover / comp for place though, but as we've said privately, easier said than done getting top goalscorers.

I agree mates he cut it out last season but it's in the DNA they can't help it sometimes just like Jack when he holds the ball too long but when it comes off it's the difference between winning a game and not winning

If he scores a screamer, doesn't give Pogba a reason to go down and we win the game I wouldn't ever mention it, Just gutted we lost.

I haven't watched the first goal back but first reactions Mings looks like he should of headed it away, but we know out of all the defenders he's the worst in the air even though he's the tallest, An ruing that Hause who is our most dominant in the air would probably got a head to it.

Give the guy a break.

Feel the same about Mings tbh
( not that I am saying you are bashing him).
All defenders , no , all players go through poor spells . This particular player has been key for us since he joined but has been given no slack at all yet our defensive record is superb this season.

Paralysis by analysis, we lost a game of football against a good attacking team with some very expensive players. We are not West Brom and this will not define our season. Long way to go and the improvement is there for all to see.

Dean Smith got it spot on...it takes a few years to build a PL squad. We are still ahead of the curve imho.

I think that's 8 games in a row now where Ollie has failed to score.

Martial hadn't scored from open play all season, yet he's starting for one of the wealthiest clubs in the world.

Ollie could definitely do with a goal, but these mini baron runs are not unusual for any striker. As long as he's contributing in other ways that's the main thing.

If he scores a screamer, doesn't give Pogba a reason to go down and we win the game I wouldn't ever mention it, Just gutted we lost.

I haven't watched the first goal back but first reactions Mings looks like he should of headed it away, but we know out of all the defenders he's the worst in the air even though he's the tallest, An ruing that Hause who is our most dominant in the air would probably got a head to it.

Problem is it wasn't even in the air, more chest height. The issue is Mings is always on his heels which causes him to make mistakes. You could see when he was tracking back for the goal his positioning was wrong. The thing he has over Hause is generally his distribution is better.