vs the Cobblers | Page 5 | Vital Football

vs the Cobblers

Terrible match and woeful performance so far against an awful Northampton side - given the comments of other teams' fans about us, I'd hate to know what they 'd think of Northanmpton.

Three poor goals let in - a pointless foul from Ogilvie for the pen with their guy going nowhere. The second goal came down the right with Jackson nowhere to be seen, the CBs not marking their men and the poor Bonham parrying a weak shot straight at him to the Northampton striker. The third was a free kick cross pumped into the box with no marking and no presence from Bonham. I can't recall Northampton creating anything else, but Bonham almost gifted them a fourth by punching a ball he should have caught straight to them and they somehow squandered a good chance.

Dempsey's free kick was well placed, but not sure what the Nothampton wall was doing? Northampton's defence look there for the taking and we've not had many chances, but Dempsey and Akinde have wasted a couple of good ones. Looked a good shout for a pen with Ogilvie bundled over in the box. We can easily get back in to this, but need to take out chances as we'll get them and tighten up at the back.

This game is screaming out for Jordan Graham to get the ball and run at them.
Hoofball is playing straight in to their hands.
Run at them.

Just need to turn half of the defeats into draws and we would be very close to the play off's.

Tonight's an example. We haven't played well, but Northampton are poor and we've gifted them three soft goals (almost a fourth) and haven't capatilaised on their shaky defence, creating a few decent chances and spurning the couple we created, Dempsey's free kick aside. This is a game we shhuld not lose, certainly not by 2 or 3 goals.

I’m seriously curious as to why our players can’t play an obvious ten yard pass.
Why try to split the pitch when the easy ball is on?
It’s almost as if the policy is go long?

I’m seriously curious as to why our players can’t play an obvious ten yard pass.
Why try to split the pitch when the easy ball is on?
It’s almost as if the policy is go long?
Each lazy pass ends up wasting a minute or so, particularly when they go out of play.

Great position, put it in the box...put it in the box....put it in....but no, piss about, then lob it gently to their keeper.