NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 344 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your comments are "reasonably straightforward questions", mine are an "unsubstantiated rant", care to explain that.

Of course. You said:

- the bid under Moreno is a new bid ................. it's not
- the whole affair stinks to high heaven ............ you don't say why
- it beggars belief folk are supporting the Spaniards (not spanish) without questioning what's going on .......... but you don't say what we should be questioning
- the original terms have been ignored ............ what might they be then?

You also obviously have some issue with some venture capitalist (Moreno?, Cristo?, someone else?) not being the owner, but it's not clear who you're identifying in which role.

I suppose as rants go, it was quite mild, but that's how it came across ......especially given points 2 and 3.

My questions still stand ...................... enlighten us,

I think MB's comment was too .........based on the (pathetic) relaxation of quarantine requirements when travelling business class.
(y)
How rich is he? I suggest he must be pretty wealthy. Didn’t Leganes sell a couple of players for 40 mill earlier this year? Surely he can afford a private jet if he wants?

How rich is he? I suggest he must be pretty wealthy. Didn’t Leganes sell a couple of players for 40 mill earlier this year? Surely he can afford a private jet if he wants?

I don't think that Moreno's wealth was MB's point........ though I may be wrong.

Looking at the rest of the piece, I wonder if the statement "at that time, Garrido was called to be the owner of the club," is just a factor of a poor translation......... I suspect it could well be.

It must have meant part owner - if Cristo was putting in 28% to Moreno's 72% there is no way Moreno wasn't going to be main owner.

Think you are getting mixed up between cristo and moreno cristo was the one needing to find 1m

Cristo was minority partner working on behalf of Moreno who was always set to be majority owner by putting up 2.5m to Cristo's 1m.

If Moreno didn't want the 800k cash injection Cristo wouldn't have been authorised to speak to them or make the offer that was rejected.

Moreno would be mad not to want to make an agreement on the cash on offer.

I know what point you are trying to make but in my opinion:

- They did decide they wanted to be the voice of the fans, you said as much in your post, while disagreeing.
- Jackson was part of the club going into admin.
- "None of us know for sure of the details of what has happened behind the scenes but I am certain everything they have done has been what they thought was best for the club." Its fair enough you putting blind trust into an organisation who has gone against its own policies, others wont.
- They used to setup coach travel and I believe in part was because its what they used.
- It appears the SC was lacking in the level of operations, process and media experience required, who ever they reached out to took them in the wrong direction.
- I disagree they are good representatives. If they cant abide by their own aims, nor get back to people asking questions / trying to donate more money they've gone in the wrong direction.
- If they didn't want the level of responsibility they wouldn't have taken it. So far they've had little affect on getting any deal done and could have actually delayed proceedings to some degree.
- So far its been seen on this forum the current SC setup doesn't represent all fans and if they decide to, at some point, follow their club rules / policies those fans will have a chance to make a change to ensure in future that happens.

I do agree that 800k is a decent amount of money to get injected into a club at this level.

There is a difference between what you call 'blind trust' and understanding the position they fell into and not being super critical without hearing their side of the story.

You keep saying they are just a travel club - which is a big factor - they are adapting to a situation they were not expecting, not set up for, that no one has previously been a part of all on the fly - I think some leeway is reasonable.

The SC are not without fault but their commitment to the club pre crisis and successfully starting crowd fund campaign has earned them the position they inherited - there was no other fan organisation of any description and no one else had the credability to set up the fund raiser.

That position could have been occupied by me, you or anyone else if we'd have put in the time and effort into volenteering for the SC. But we were all too busy or couldn't be bothered and had no idea we'd need to prepare for a situation like this. So I think it's a bit unfair to be saying 'I'd have done this' when the reason it's their responsibility rather than us on here is they were willing to do things none of us did prior to admin.

Last edited:
There is a difference between what you call 'blind trust' and understanding the position and not being super critical without hearing their side of the story.

You keep saying they are just a travel club - which is a big factor - they are adapting to a situation they were not expecting, not set up for, that no one has previously been a part of on the fly - I think some leeway is reasonable.

The SC are not without fault but their commitment to the club pre crisis and successfully starting crowd fund campaign has earned them the position they inherited - there was no other fan organisation of any description and no one else had the credability to set up the fund raiser.

That position could have been occupied by me, you or anyone else if we'd have put in the time and effort into volenteering for the SC. But we were all too busy or couldn't be bothered and had no idea we'd need to prepare for a situation like this. So I think it's a bit awkward to be saying 'I'd have done this' when the reason it's their responsibility rather than us on here is they were willing to do things none of us did prior to admin.
Never used their coach travel so would never have needed to join that group. They took the decision they wanted to become the voice of the supporters and setup their policies, they haven't adhered to them (A lot of what they've done goes directly against it).

I'd say trusting a group of people who have consistently acted against their own policies and provided, so far, nothing of worth for the fans they decided to represent is blind trust (if you do trust them).

They are free to speak out at any point, in fact they've spoke out here on occasion and lied! In addition to the lie they doubled down on it and I've not got a response when contacting them early on about company / corporate sponsorship for the appeal, which in my opinion, is going against their aims once again.

Cristo was minority partner working on behalf of Moreno who was always set to be majority owner by putting up 2.5m to Cristo's 1m.

If Moreno didn't want the 800k cash injection Cristo wouldn't have been authorised to speak to them or make the offer that was rejected.

Moreno would be mad not to want to make an agreement on the cash on offer.
See we both have different views eventually truth will out
But I will stick by what I say has you will by yours
It was cristo in talks with sc not Moreno cristo wanted the money he needed the 1m when it went tits up with sc that's when he went for loans instead
Moreno is not short of a Bob or two neither is his wife
But I'll say it again Moreno does not need the sc money nor does he need the sc

It's like having an effing teacher commenting on everyone's posts and correcting your work :guiness:

Quite ironic don't you think Zakky. Continually commenting about someone you moan at for continually making comments! Bless.

Oh, and I'd report that "ignore" button if I were you ...... yours appears to be buggered.
😁
😉

See we both have different views eventually truth will out
But I will stick by what I say has you will by yours
It was cristo in talks with sc not Moreno cristo wanted the money he needed the 1m when it went tits up with sc that's when he went for loans instead
Moreno is not short of a Bob or two neither is his wife
But I'll say it again Moreno does not need the sc money nor does he need the sc

He does not need the money from SC to buy and run the club and so should be the case, but if I was Moreno, I'd be livid that your front man needs to rely on SC money for his stake. Extremely happy he has gone and EFL made the right decision regarding Cristo, red flag all over him. Moreno could have easily walked after but thankfully he did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.