Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers v Lincoln City | Page 19 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers v Lincoln City

Disappointing in the end but nothing to be downhearted about. Not much between the two teams and all that it came down to was that superb goal of their's.....move on to Tuesday now for yet another tough match

Never looked likely today after Donny scored, tried to up the pace after half-time, nothing doing. Could use a win v Pompey.
UTI.

Meh. No complaints about the result. Donny deserved it for their work off the ball and the only piece of quality in the whole match. We didn't have enough quality or do enough with the ball.

Onwards to Tuesday and let's have a reaction.

👏👏 Have to say Donny deserved that. They fought for every ball and snapped into every tackle. We wanted too much time on the ball instead of our usual fluidity. How often were our players caught in possession or telegraphed passes that were intercepted. We never really troubled the Donny keeper. Having said that I thought we looked tired both physically and mentally. Games catching up with us? Hope we can recover for Tuesday or it could go the same way. Oh well, bound to happen. Come on you Imps - let’s recover and go again Tuesday.

Donny set up well.. made it difficult for our style to be fluid. We looked tired as well. Oh well.

i'd say our big guns didnt fire today. Montsma poor, Grant also. i thought eden and Palmer played well. we lacked options up front, our passing was off especially in the second half. not sure if thats just lack of concentration or Doncaster had marked us better after half time.

Bit of perspective needed imho. As I remember last season when we played here we weren’t in the game at all. Today Doncaster probably the best team we’ve played going forward, but not much in the game, great goal from them, we didn’t create enough but missed a golden chance to take a point and kept pushing till the end, certainly didn’t give up.
If you’re disappointed we’re 3rd in the table well .....

Two evenly matched sides but Donny showed the extra quality today to take the points. Fair play, the score accurately reflected the game.
Too many of our players had an off day - and you can’t afford that against teams like Donny - Eyoma, McGrandles, Montsma, all looked a yard out of position and off the pace, and their passing suffered as a result; possession was conceded far too often. Disappointing.
At the end of the day though, one quality finish was all that separated the sides. If we can bring that part of our game up a notch or two, we’ll be fine.
It’s a young team, and getting results from games like this will likely be the main factor that determines whether we’ll be gatecrashing the handful of battle hardened and well resourced sides that will be in the top third of the table come the end of the season.

Last edited:
Bad day, move on. Shame we didn’t test their keeper more because he looked their worst player.
Didnt understand the short corner late on, natural inswinger for Grant, despite their tall CBs a chance for some pressure and we never got the ball in.