Good Morning Thread | Page 157 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Afternoon Walt, yes I did know that useless bit of info, regards nettle stalks, though it still makes me wonder if its true or not, but the rest about the bow strings being kept dry certainly true, plus the keeping dry of gunpowder, and yes I agree we were probable there together, safe n sound now!!! well I think we are with all this shit doing the rounds, Covid wise.

Keep it under your hat and remember there are loads of numpties about, keep safe n sound all.

Nettle strings....bullshine. They are like sky hooks. Go and pick me some nettles lad, I need some new strings for me bow.

What were bow strings made of in past centuries?
Ad by DuckDuckGo
What are some simple steps I can take to protect my privacy online?
Many people believe that they can't do anything to protect their privacy online, but that's not true. There actually are simple s

Continue reading​
6 Answers
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)]https://www.quora.com/profile/Owen-Budd
Owen Budd, Archaeologist and Military Historian
Answered October 16, 2014 · Author has 156answers and 380.5K answer views
This can vary, but broadly speaking any fibrous material of the requisite length, with enough tensile strength to support the enormous energy needed to draw a bow, will have been used by someone, somewhere.

It can be plant fiber cordage (stinging nettle, flax, hemp, etc), sinew, strips of bamboo or cane, or rawhide.
Ray Mears did a wonderful documentary showing stone age bow techniques from Britain. It's well worth watching to get an understanding of very early bowmaking techniques.

Huh ! Who would you rather go to war with ? bull shine !!!!!!

Last edited:
What were bow strings made of in past centuries?
Ad by DuckDuckGo
What are some simple steps I can take to protect my privacy online?
Many people believe that they can't do anything to protect their privacy online, but that's not true. There actually are simple s

Continue reading​
6 Answers
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)]https://www.quora.com/profile/Owen-Budd
Owen Budd, Archaeologist and Military Historian
Answered October 16, 2014 · Author has 156answers and 380.5K answer views
This can vary, but broadly speaking any fibrous material of the requisite length, with enough tensile strength to support the enormous energy needed to draw a bow, will have been used by someone, somewhere.

It can be plant fiber cordage (stinging nettle, flax, hemp, etc), sinew, strips of bamboo or cane, or rawhide.
Ray Mears did a wonderful documentary showing stone age bow techniques from Britain. It's well worth watching to get an understanding of very early bowmaking techniques.

Huh ! Who would you rather go to war with ? bull shine !!!!!!
The guy with the best bow without blisters all over his hands.

Morning all,

So the covid news just seems to be getting worse again, but the hope still seems to be that the second wave won't be as deadly as the first.

Yesterday I learned that my daughters Uni has had an explosion of cases and lockdown is imminent, I have to hope that as she's young and fit she can just blast her way through it. It's an uncomfrtable feeling knowing that she is right slap bang in the middle of a bad breakout. But nothing compared to the tragic news that 4 18 year old students lost there lives a couple of days ago to bad drugs. Their poor parents must be devastated. That's a life altering event.

Anyway, that's enough bad news.

We must all stay positive and look forward, keep safe all.

I pray for your daughters' safety and that of all the students at that Uni.

I can't believe the numbers are escalating globally. I guess that what happens when you don't close international borders.

Thanks, I have already cut out quite a bit of fatty stuff and now I have had the procedure can exercise with more confidence. The guy opposite me went in after me and was gone for some time. He had stents put in and said he felt better already when he came back. The nurses and doctors were all very nice and very efficient, I thanked them all. Well done NHS Kettering General .

Great news Nick! So happy to hear all went well.

Apologies for being absent for some time.

Morning all , Nick will be overjoyed , we are busy all day today so I can’t waste time rambling on here 🏹,
Hope you are all well , I will do the predictor table later , keep you all guessing!!!!!!!!!!!! Only two predicted we wouldn’t win !!!!

any how , keep well , be alert , stay worthy , don’t get complacent.

Gotta go , bathrooms don’t design themselves you know. . Have a good day .

I really enjoy this Good Morning thread with Walt’s amusing expectations for the day and Greavsie’s dry repartit amongst the other interesting contributions. Thanks guys!
Whilst on my allotment this morning (yes there are a few of us do this!) my mind wandered to thinking about those contributions. I meandered to remembering Saint and Greavsie, very entertaining in their day, to thinking we have our own version here...... the Walt and Greavsie show!

I really enjoy this Good Morning thread with Walt’s amusing expectations for the day and Greavsie’s dry repartit amongst the other interesting contributions. Thanks guys!
Whilst on my allotment this morning (yes there are a few of us do this!) my mind wandered to thinking about those contributions. I meandered to remembering Saint and Greavsie, very entertaining in their day, to thinking we have our own version here...... the Walt and Greavsie show!
:bow:! It’s fair to say though , I ain’t no saint ! :rofl:Glad to meet another allotmenteer .!! Join in with us and really really wind Nick up !!!!

Well you are the administrator...deduct points off them under the disloyalty clause in the rules (small print at bottom of rules page that most people miss - I believe it is clause 235 para 7 line 28)
SpursEagle had us down as a draw . I really fought hard against deducting him points under that rule mainly because it would have put me back on top of the league and would have smacked of underhand practices. Particularly from Nick !
GODs had us down to get beat , but he is languishing at the bottom anyway , so I thought , sod him, let him fester down there .!!! He ain’t no threat to us getting Ex’s hard earned ! :wahey::p.
I have to say Greavsie, from someone who was struggling last week with the rules, I’m really impressed with the homework you have done . :tophat: :detective:

Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast.....No, no, no, no, no, no, no !!
I have been compared to the real life person Kingsley based that character on !!
An actor and film producer actually told me, you are very much like him. Strangely refined and cultured but darkly menacing.

I have been compared to the real life person Kingsley based that character on !!
An actor and film producer actually told me, you are very much like him. Strangely refined and cultured but darkly menacing.
Intriguing! The mind boggles!

SpursEagle had us down as a draw . I really fought hard against deducting him points under that rule mainly because it would have put me back on top of the league and would have smacked of underhand practices. Particularly from Nick !
GODs had us down to get beat , but he is languishing at the bottom anyway , so I thought , sod him, let him fester down there .!!! He ain’t no threat to us getting Ex’s hard earned ! :wahey::p.
I have to say Greavsie, from someone who was struggling last week with the rules, I’m really impressed with the homework you have done . :tophat: :detective:

I took your points on board mate and studied the rule book profusely.
Consultation service available from Tuesday 19th

I had you down to someone more like Captain Mainwaring from Dads Army !!!! :ban::spam::ban:
Yeah....Don Logan was the characters name. Ray Whinstone said to Kingsley.....I know the man you are playing he is real , he exists.

That's not me by the way, I just reminded somebody of him !!
What’s even weirder is that I always had you down as being more like Captain Mainwaring from Dads Army ! :rofl::help:.
would you care to give us some more quotes from your alto ego . !!!!! I can think of a few !
Funny or what !
what other characters can you liken to the posters on .here ? You’ve got a free shot at me now Nick . Fill your boots .
Greavsie I’ve got down as Roger Moore’s James Bond !
Ex I’ve got down as a lookalike to Robert Redford !

Hod as Sean Connery !.........
hope you are all well ,.
I’m very busy again today , not enough hours in the day this week . The bathroom planning has been put on hold until Friday . I need to get in there and investigate behind the toilet pan to see where the soil pipe runs from and if I can get the new pan back closer to the wall.,I’m sure you all share my trepidation !
. Exciting times !!!! !!! It’s all boxed in at the moment and tiled over .,takes out a lot of room in there.

It’s what I call “dank “ outside today . Dismal .
Allotment is taking a back seat as well , although I need to get up there to prepare for winter . Leeks are looking good .
I picked the last of my apples yesterday . They have been great this year . My only failings were Broccoli which constantly went to seed , it was too hot for it ,.... and the cabbages got trampled and ravaged by badgers , bastards !
Oh well , if that’s my only problem then it ain’t a problem is it . Worse things happen at sea . ..... and land these days .
any way , gotta go , things to do , got an important health and safety meeting today , lucky me!
stay safe , keep aware , don’t let get complacent .
have a good day