Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October | Page 33 | Vital Football

Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October

I must say Reading back through the thread - so much criticism for Grealish waltzing around in the box but not getting his shot off.

I want Jack to do this. When you are in a tough game and finding it difficult it gives us as good a chance of any of getting a pen and bagging the points.

Utterly cynical but what do you think man u and Liverpool rely on when they are struggling?

He got stick because it was already a matter of ffs why aren't they shooting then he carried on trying to walk it into the net - Barkley's goal kinda underlined the point :)

Leicester were very good defensively so it was always going to be a shot from outside the box for me.

Last edited:
If everybody stays fit I don't see what can go wrong. Our midfield is one of the best in the league and Watkins will get goals. We have one of the best goal keepers in the league too. We can push for top 4 this season.

I was thinking, when watching Everton Liverpool, how much of a liability Pickford is.... and how great of a signing Martinez could prove to be. Certainly one of the very best in the league.

We deserved that. We were the best team.

Some players struggled a bit today, but fully earned. Got to say...what a CB pairing we have on our hands.
Struggled a bit today?

We scrapped survival by 1 pt and were playing away at the former champions and consistent top 6 finishers?

Yeah, we probably found that they gave us a game

That's what an upgrade in quality can do.
Not much in it - but improved defence allows us to still be in the game, and a top player like Ross to pinch it out of nowhere.
Although im unsure whether that was a harsh result, we did look the better team for at least an hour, without really having to try.

Get in! Up the Villa.

I was thinking, when watching Everton Liverpool, how much of a liability Pickford is.... and how great of a signing Martinez could prove to be. Certainly one of the very best in the league.

Agree. When I look at the other teams none of them are that special. I don't see why we can't do very well this season.

Cash and Targett played really well for me, looked vulnerable first 20 minutes but we settled in the game and made some vital tackles, Not too sure how good Targett is at set pieces but looked quite poor.

Make no mistake, that was a great win. So many positives but just a couple of standouts...thought Matty Cash was superb and how great is it at last to have a high quality keeper between the posts?! Didnt have masses to do tonight but he dealt with everything superbly and just looks in complete command, really impressive. Saw a suggestion reading through the thread that McGinn should have been substituted...no chance, he's looking like the player he was when he joined...terrific tonight I thought. And that second half...superb...we controlled for the most part, how often have we done that away from home against decent opposition in the past? We're used to being on the back foot, defending wave after wave of attacks with the inevitable late winner arriving...this was completely different, even after we scored we were in complete control and how bloody good does it feel..?! Bring on the mighty Leeds, the darlings of the media and the wonderful, marvellous, incredible Marcelo Bielsa....!