Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October | Page 31 | Vital Football

Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October

Best GD in the league too.

This statistic is mad. I posted to @mike_field I’d reply to a post after the game due to superstition, and that was I didn’t see Leicester scoring.

We’re defending well, our shape is fantastic and we have our most defensive 6 players are so comfortable on the ball and can play in all directions. I’ve never seen a Villa team where every player in the back 6 can turn on the ball, play two footed, run past players as Mings and Konsa do at times. It’s incredible to watch - when it works.

Our game plan and tactics were spot on, Trez had a blinder and proves why he’s so valuable to the team game. We stayed in the game, and gambled on a chance. Even if that didn’t work, we would’ve come away with a valuable point.

‘This is very much a team to take seriously’

(Whoever the commentator was)

Would've been happy with 0-0 but what a result, certainly deserved it overall. Just shows what that extra bit of quality brings to the table, moments of brilliance at the crucial moments.

Last edited:
I think the Hourihane or Barkley is now well and truly dead?

It’s absolutely quality that for 90 minutes, Ross has kept shape, put in a defensive shift, won balls and tried to get from box to box without much luck but give him one chance to open up and get a shot off and he finds the back of net.

This is the Ross Barkley I remember from Everton, what a player.
Makes no difference how much Chelsea want for him, buy him.

What a great finish to the game and I know it was only a few mins but how we managed that last bit after scoring was very good. Didn’t drop deep, kept the ball and looked composed.

Traore looked decent when he came on. Kept the ball every time he had it and picked some good passes.

It must be said the start of this season has been a very welcome surprise. Just getting a good start can really set us up for a very good year.