IPSWICH | Page 4 | Vital Football

IPSWICH

Terrible clearance and 2 awful misses from Obi but not just him to blame for the goal - soft needless foul to give the free kick and the everyone turned off and no one tracked their men.

Don't care who the players are at any level you can't all turn off like that. Basic stuff there is no excuse for.

Two missed chances and a howler for their goal... Obi is struggling. That said, I seem to remember a certain Dan Burn being an absolute disaster in his first couple of games. 5 out of 11 of today's team have never played a League game before. Let's not be too harsh. If they're still making simple mistakes like this after ten games, I'll be a lot more worried.

Obi definitely out of his depth I'm afraid, definitely the weak link same at Fleetwood

Two missed chances and a howler for their goal... Obi is struggling. That said, I seem to remember a certain Dan Burn being an absolute disaster in his first couple of games. 5 out of 11 of today's team have never played a League game before. Let's not be too harsh. If they're still making simple mistakes like this after ten games, I'll be a lot more worried.

5? 3.

Our right side is very shaky. Pearce, Roberts and Solomon look like they could be a threat! At 1-0 it’s not finished by far!

We have not played bad to be honest, Evans is not controlling the midfield as I thought, Roberts, Viv, and Merrie have done well. Obi has had a shocker, way too poor defending and for a big lad can't clear or head a ball. But Kipre also was dodgy as heck, he will be a good player with enough games.

Quality of play at this level is so poor. Ipswich have one of the stronger squads at this level and they are rubbish. If Ipswich were half decent they'd have us dead and buried already, but if we were any good we'd eat them alive. It shows how potentially easy it is to go up in this league if you have a good manager and smart recruiting.

Our lads are working hard, giving it a good go and not let their heads drop - can't fault the effort. But we are all over the place defensively which isn't really too suprising under the circumstance in one sense but in those areas players are losing their individual battles too easily and frequently. I think our 3 young lads are really struggling and a couple of senior players around them who need to carry the weight like Evans haven't contributed like they should.

As long as it's 1-0 you are never out of it and Ipswich are not up to much, but i fear we're too short on quality to turn this around and think they will get chances and end up extending their lead. Loved to be proven wrong.

Krasner will probably be on the phone at half time touting Pearce and Garner round for 10k each. Not much else left to sell at this point.

We saw last time at this level that there will be many more mistakes and you've got to be there to take advantage. Obi's clearly nervous (2 foul throws, owch), but it's to be expected. He has Naismith with him and Solomon-Otabor just in front now and thay will settle him. Alternatively Adam Long looks a natural and is ready for this chance. Definitely the right move to put Kal in the back 4 and Fox will also allow him to develop. Tired legs will factor today but we've put up enough to show we're a decent bet at this level from a football side of things

Quality of play at this level is so poor. Ipswich have one of the stronger squads at this level and they are rubbish. If Ipswich were half decent they'd have us dead and buried already, but if we were any good we'd eat them alive. It shows how potentially easy it is to go up in this league if you have a good manager and smart recruiting.

Our lads are working hard, giving it a good go and not let their heads drop - can't fault the effort. But we are all over the place defensively which isn't really too suprising under the circumstance in one sense but in those areas players are losing their individual battles too easily and frequently. I think our 3 young lads are really struggling and a couple of senior players around them who need to carry the weight like Evans haven't contributed like they should.

As long as it's 1-0 you are never out of it and Ipswich are not up to much, but i fear we're too short on quality to turn this around and think they will get chances and end up extending their lead. Loved to be proven wrong.

Krasner will probably be on the phone at half time touting Pearce and Garner round for 10k each. Not much else left to sell at this point.
I agree it is ashame because if we had got bought over a month ago. I think we could of bounced straight back or at very least come close. But now we have lost to many players and I think staying up would be a huge success.

This is the acid test now. Last thirty minutes as our legs go and our youngsters lose concentration. Ipswich are starting to batter the door down just like Fleetwood did and have missed a couple of sitters. If we can avoid a hammering it will be a success. So far though, we have a platform to build on. Get Fox and the RB in the team next week and we'll have a real chance of getting something from Gillingham.

Feel sorry for Obi, he's out of his depth and it's fully understandable. He wasn't expected to be put in this situation. He's doing his best and that's all we can ask for.