The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 272 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Just seen on Twitter the usual clickbait from our local newspaper, being as supportive as ever with apparently a headline of:

"Pants pulled down!' - Leeds United, Sheffield United and West Brom fans react to Aston Villa's £33m Ollie Watkins deal."

I haven't clicked on the link and I won't include it either.

They have degenerated into the worst local clickbait journalism going and wouldn't even use it to wipe my arse if I was stupid enough to actually buy a copy.

When you think of the local Sports Argus etc it's all rather sad that it has ended up like this.

lol, Leeds have spent £30m on a 29 year old who scored 4 goals last season, Sheffield Utd broke their record on Callum Robinson last season and can't get rid of him quick enough and who even cares about the other lot.

Surprised Newcastle fans aren't there either since they seem to be having a field day over the fact that Wilson chose them, which just goes to show how small time they are that they see that as a huge victory.

Obsessed the lot of them.

I think there was some promise in Trezeguet's play after the break. Scored the winner against Arsenal, which was a game we all thought we were bound to lose. If he improves again, he could be worth a place out wide. Can't say the same for El Ghazi though. Depends if Shakespeare can coach some improvement into him.

Ghazi simply doesn't care enough, Trez clearly does and he scored a few important goals for us last season and ran his arse off every minute he was on the pitch.

If we're starting with Ghazi again this season it's a pretty good bellwether for another shit season IMO as it was when we kept starting Gabby prior to relegation.

If I could only make one change this season it would be a King-alike replacing Ghazi.

Ghazi simply doesn't care enough, Trez clearly does and he scored a few important goals for us last season and ran his arse off every minute he was on the pitch.

If we're starting with Ghazi again this season it's a pretty good bellwether for another shit season IMO as it was when we kept starting Gabby prior to relegation.

If I could only make one change this season it would be a King-alike replacing Ghazi.

Both are half decent squad players. Worth keeping for Cup games etc imo.

I think starting with AEG and Hourihane would be the bellweather both on one team is like starting with 10.

I like Trez, he'd run through walls but he is still lightweight like Hourihane. Its very easy to strip him of possession but I have some faith in Trez that if they can bulk him up and teach him to shield he'll do much better. AEG isnt as lightweight but he's soft and doesnt have the attitude.

lol, Leeds have spent £30m on a 29 year old who scored 4 goals last season, Sheffield Utd broke their record on Callum Robinson last season and can't get rid of him quick enough and who even cares about the other lot.

Surprised Newcastle fans aren't there either since they seem to be having a field day over the fact that Wilson chose them, which just goes to show how small time they are that they see that as a huge victory.

Obsessed the lot of them.

After spunking £40m+ on Joelinton last Summer, they are probably keeping their heads down

Well done to Gilbert for posting that. No way would I be looking to move him on just yet, we have had the difficult 1st season of settling in etc, now we will see what some of last summers signings are really made of. Next summer is when we weed out those that don't step up

Perhaps the real reason for bringing in Cash is for further up the field ? He started out as a Winger and Forest converted him to a fullback, I've heard a lot of Forest fans saying their manager missed a trick in not keeping him as a winger.
Whilst being able to fill in at RB.

Last edited:
Perhaps the real reason for bringing in Cash is for further up the field ? He started out as a Winger and Forest converted him to a fullback, I've heard a lot of Forest fans saying their manager missed a trick in not keeping him as a winger.

Not sure...because this is what Smith said after signing him;

'We are delighted to welcome Matty to Villa and believe we have secured one of England's brightest young prospects.

'He has an excellent playing record for a young player and we believe he will settle in easily and continue his rapid development into a top full-back.'

Yeah I don't quite get why people think we've spent nearly £50m on players who have had the best seasons of their careers only to play them out of position.

Not sure...because this is what Smith said after signing him;

'We are delighted to welcome Matty to Villa and believe we have secured one of England's brightest young prospects.

'He has an excellent playing record for a young player and we believe he will settle in easily and continue his rapid development into a top full-back.'

Ah I missed that, Definitely good competition with Feddie, we'll just have to see because Cash might prove more effective than our current wingers, It would be pretty embarrassing if Cash provides more chances than the winger in front of him.

Yeah I don't quite get why people think we've spent nearly £50m on players who have had the best seasons of their careers only to play them out of position.

Because it wasn't Cash's defensive displays that caught so much attention, it's his assists and goals and how much he goes up and down the pitch like a machine.
You also cannot buy a winger for 16m who also has all the qualities to be able to tackle, intercept and stop other wingers getting past him.

I honestly don't think Smith wants to play with traditional wingers.

To me it seems like he wants to copy Liverpool. Full backs providing the width and crosses and the front 3 in and around the box all trying to get goals

Or at least I hope that's what he's doing. Our next few signings will give us more clarity I think.

I dont think so, my Forest source tells me he is average as a winger. it will be a straight fight with Gilbert imo

I dont think so, my Forest source tells me he is average as a winger. it will be a straight fight with Gilbert imo

Take a look at that, also check out Forest forums I've seen plenty say the same.

Anyway we'll just have to see, Just like Milner switched to centre, Barry switched from Left Back you have to see what he offers and for me there's more to Cash unless like Deano says and we start playing like Liverpool.