The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 224 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Trying to be positive for once, surely the club recognises what the priorities are. Just because Cash is the first in it doesn't follow he's the top priority, just that he was the easiest to sign. I'm sure the club are working hard to bring players in in attacking areas.

Hopefully spending £16m on a right back, a position that on the surface isn't high up the priority list, indicates we have perhaps more money to spend than we initially though.

You may well be right but I suspect we'll see Cash on the right wing at some point ........

Interesting stats for 2 available strikers.

Benteke 29 yrs= available for around 7m, last season 25 appearances 2 goals. Played for Belguim 37 times scoring 15 goals.

Wilson 28 yrs = available for around 20m, last season 39 appearances 9 goals, Played for England 4 times scoring 1 goal.

Obviously, I think we need to be looking at better quality. But if we are looking just to fill a void and to push Wesley and Samatta - I would rather just re-sign Benteke, than spending 20m on Wilson. Reason being, I see Benteke as slightly better in the box, stronger and good in the air.

I fully endorse a move for Diangana . Don't care whether he is good enough or even plays. But to steal him from under the noses of the Tesco Bags.

I'm in.
He looks like a hell of a talent. WBA won 1 in 3 without him and 2 in 3 with him last season, so a) he'd be a great addition but most importantly b) it would be really really funny to piss the Baggies off that much.

Benteke 29 yrs= available for around 7m, last season 25 appearances 2 goals. Played for Belguim 37 times scoring 15 goals.

Wilson 28 yrs = available for around 20m, last season 39 appearances 9 goals, Played for England 4 times scoring 1 goal.

Obviously, I think we need to be looking at better quality. But if we are looking just to fill a void and to push Wesley and Samatta - I would rather just re-sign Benteke, than spending 20m on Wilson. Reason being, I see Benteke as slightly better in the box, stronger and good in the air.
If Tekerrs were available for £7m I would take a punt on him.

Some Italian Journalists claiming we're in talks with Bristol City over their winger Niclas Eliasson. Never heard of the guy but apparently he's a 24 year old swede. Not sure why an Italian journo would know what we're doing either so take it with a pinch of salt.

He looks like a hell of a talent. WBA won 1 in 3 without him and 2 in 3 with him last season, so a) he'd be a great addition but most importantly b) it would be really really funny to piss the Baggies off that much.
I'd actually be more up for signing him than Benrahma. Has a lot about him.

I'd actually be more up for signing him than Benrahma. Has a lot about him.
Can't say I'm a good enough talent spotter to make the call (I told a mate Curtis Davis would be England captain one day), but he's got electric pace, good feet, can score and is enough of a scrapper to hold off much bigger players. PLUS it'd give all the Tesco Bags rage-hernias. We could do a signing photo with Louie Barry and the academy guy we nicked!

We need a balance of players with good potential but also ready to go straight into the first team.

Experience, and quality at a high level, and a marquee type of signing this transfer window for it to be called a good window.

The clock is ticking.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm a good enough talent spotter to make the call (I told a mate Curtis Davis would be England captain one day), but he's got electric pace, good feet, can score and is enough of a scrapper to hold off much bigger players. PLUS it'd give all the Tesco Bags rage-hernias. We could do a signing photo with Louie Barry and the academy guy we nicked!

@mike_field said the same about Liam Ridgewell :grinning: I don’t know why that’s always stuck with me mike, don’t go digging out my outrageous claims over the years 😉

In fairness I said it about Ridge and Clark, so half right in some ways with his Eire caps! lol Still think Ridge was the better player out of the two, especially organisation but that spell in the first team seemed to destroy them both.

Forget which page I posted the opinion of our Bournemouth editor on but he said don't judge him on last season, the lack of supply was the problem, not the player. He rates him highly, said judge him on the season before.