NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 54 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit harsh to tar an entire sporting community with a single brush. I know for a fact that a Fulham fan, a Liverpool fan, a Sunderland fan and a Bury fan donated to the original crowd fund with minimal persuasion needed from me.
I kept posting the appeal on Facebook and kept updating the list as each club had a fan that donated. I got to 38 clubs in total and that was just the ones that mentioned an affiliation to another club.

Bit harsh to tar an entire sporting community with a single brush. I know for a fact that a Fulham fan, a Liverpool fan, a Sunderland fan and a Bury fan donated to the original crowd fund with minimal persuasion needed from me.
I was coming at it from a club fanbase rather than individual donators perspective Arthur and no offence to those welcome contributors at all.
It's the case though that the vast majority of the family have stood by and done nothing or worse taken the piss.

What I didn’t pick up from this initially is that this may be (possibly a stretch) a confirmation that, if Ganaye and Co. do buy the club, they’re happy for the supporters to have a stake and for us to be involved financially.

JJ does say he’s open to negotiating with potential buyers on this very topic, and hopefully this is confirmation that Ganaye would be one of them and talks would be positive.

I think Jackson and Co would've had to have had discussions with Ganaye otherwise they wouldnt launch the appeal or the wording / theme would be quite different at least. So I imagine that the Supporters Club know more than they can say and have been given a green light from Ganaye to try and raise the cash.

Ganaye rarely tweets or likes things so it would seem he made a deliberate point to like the tweet. Maybe a cheeky wink to our fans. Well spotted.

Nope, they could not prevent that, all they could prevent is Wigan Athletic being members of the English Football League and thankfully, whilst they should have done this, they didn't because they are incompetent from top to bottom.

The ability to kick a club out of the league is as good as blocking the sale of a club as it makes the club worthless and would cause a massive backlash. Our circumstances are very unusual but I still don't think that the deal would've gone through if Yeung failed the fit and proper test. It could have like you said on paper but I think they look for another way rather than get the club kicked out of the league.

Consensus info - Portsmouth press, WEP and transfermkt - suggests we paid £2.43m for Jamal Lowe last summer.
The admins have just sold him for £800k a loss of £1.63m on a player now well established in the championship.
How does that represent any value at all given that debt is now close to zero ?
Will that even cover what we owe Pompey in outstanding installments?
There's market value, fire sale value, taking the piss value and this deal sits below the last one.
Even bailiffs behave more professionally than this when valuing assets to take away.
Shameful just shameful

Just re-reading the content of the whistle blowers leak - looks like they had it absolutely spot on.
Have asked the SC to ask about this at tomorrow's "announcement" and also for Krasner to confirm that he has since issued legal proceedings as he promised.
Or confirm it's the latest load of BS from him

Just re-reading the content of the whistle blowers leak - looks like they had it absolutely spot on.
Have asked the SC to ask about this at tomorrow's "announcement" and also for Krasner to confirm that he has since issued legal proceedings as he promised.
Or confirm it's the latest load of BS from him
How can he prosecute someone for telling the truth
Question should be asked why one of our star youngsters went to leeds when he krasner used to be involved with leeds dodgy as fookin that

Nixon says we haven't quite cleared all the debts yet. By his count we still owe up to 800k. Also 2m loan to be repaid to EFL for Covid and estimated 1.5m in admins costs. Lawyers is something like another 1m and then wage bill due next week which will still prob be a decent amount. Not to mention HMRC, various bills etc.

This new "fans club" initiative falls massively short for me. I dont mind putting £1k in or more, but I'd want a physical share of the club.

This new "fans club" initiative falls massively short for me. I dont mind putting £1k in or more, but I'd want a physical share of the club.

I suspecr the idea would be the supporters club would physically buy in with the cash to get a seat on the board. Like other clubs have done.

We'd need a large investment / number of shares beyond what is possible for an individual to get a seat and if we all bought individually no fan would be on the board. This is pooling resources.

Have you listened to the interview with JJ Wlatic? He said that there may bell be a share issue at some point in the future, however, they didn't have time to do the necessary preparations given the current time restrictions.

To be honest, as far as I'm concerned, everyone who's donated - no matter how much - already has a physical (not to mention emotional) share in the club. None of us will expect to make money on our physical share, as football clubs don't. They just don't.

I'm intrigued to know just what exactly would you expect from your physical share? ................ but if you can afford to consider putting in a £1k contribution, then I'd urge you to do so. Please.

Have you listened to the interview with JJ Wlatic? He said that there may bell be a share issue at some point in the future, however, they didn't have time to do the necessary preparations given the current time restrictions.

To be honest, as far as I'm concerned, everyone who's donated - no matter how much - already has a physical (not to mention emotional) share in the club. None of us will expect to make money on our physical share, as football clubs don't. They just don't.

I'm intrigued to know just what exactly would you expect from your physical share? ................ but if you can afford to consider putting in a £1k contribution, then I'd urge you to do so. Please.

Yep, for me its not about the money, but about securing the future of the club.

JJ has been part of this club going to the wall and unfortunately anything he says doesnt really hold weight for me beyond what anyone else talking on the forum was. The difference is no one on this forum is asking me for money to keep the club alive!

"Didn't have time" doesnt really float with me, we've been in administration since 1st July, 24th July the preferred bidder didnt take the chance for exclusivity.

I'm really struggling to append any blame to JJ, given that at the point we went into admin, we owed no-one anything, and no-one - absolutely no-one - could have seen what was going to happen.

"Didn't have time" is applicable cos initially, we had 5 bidders. As none have progressed over the weeks into any of them actually buying us, this course of action became more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.