Match Thread - Everton Home | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread - Everton Home

Exciting stuff! Regardless of how this match ends, i'm impressed with our side. Attack minded, great passing and three very good goals from CJ, KK, and Ward.
Their pen was very soft and would have been overturned if there was video review.

The new camera angles much better than what we've had for the past many years.

If you aren't watching, here's a link http://freestreams-live1.com/sporttv1-ptg/

First half observations:

- The stream is good; got it on my TV via my Chromecast fine. That said, Chisnall is shite... glad they turned O'Keefe's mic up!

- Every game in pre-season we've knocked it long from the kick off

- Pressing them high up really worked in the early stages. We've dropped off though as the half went on

- Our best passing of pre-season today

- They're going through us too easily in midfield with both Ward and Anderson in there

- The high line still makes me very nervous at the back and we still look vulnerable; disappointing to concede from a corner

- Everton very slow to start admittedly, but we were excellent in that 10 minute burst and I imagine NC will be really annoyed to only be a goal up despite them waking up a bit as the half went on

- Really saw the benefits of us starting our pre-season much earlier than other teams in that first half; much fitter, much sharper (think this is Everton's first game?)

- Our corners have been poor again

- Going to give Ekpiteta the benefit of the doubt as Orient fans said he took some time to adjust to L2 last season, but I wouldn't have him starting at the moment

- Robson impressive. Neat and tidy on the ball and a great crunching tackle at one point

- Ward looks miles better with a pre-season under his belt

- If Hamilton can become more consistent with his end product we're laughing...

- Kaikai much more lively today

74' Six changes for Blackpool as Teddy Howe, Jordan Thorniley, Nathan Shaw, Oliver Sarkic, Liam Feeney and Gary Madine all come on for the final 15 minutes. (3-3)

We should have won that. We were excellent for large parts, but the game also highlighted (albeit against PL opposition) that we still have plenty to work on. You can't help but be impressed by what NC has done since taking over though; we're definitely on the right track.

The best yet, excellent. The wall for the equaliser didn't look right to me. Great effort UTVMP

Unless we have 2 or 3 other signings already lined up I am surprised we had just one trialist on show. Do we know who he is? Did ok, but I didn't think it was an area we needed an addition

Much to admire. Liked our work ethic, pressing, the width in our game and the ability to switch play ; the combination of one twos and long balls will make us hard to play against. This squad is multidimensional. The Mighty are back