The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 123 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

It’s a game of opinions and yes Hause is a commanding unit in the air. It’s his poor ball play that just isn’t good enough. He often fails to make 10 yard passes when not even under pressure. Wouldn’t say a CB/RB that has only 43% tackle success is someone we want to rely on, even as back up. That’s my view (from Holte End stand) and I’m no troll having watch them for the past 18 years on the terraces
You must be a troll there haven't been any terracing for the last 18 years

JP's been with us for years chaps, let's stick to the point not the poster please.

Hause will improve further at his age, Konsa stole the show towards the end though.

[QUOTE="mike_field, post: 2404723, member: 4
Hause will improve further at his age, Konsa stole the show towards the end though.[/QUOTE]

He's 25! He should be in the prime of his career.

If he's happy to stick around as a 4th choice defender behind Mings, A.Nother and Konsa then fine.... He's cheap, he's professional, he won't kick up a stink.... Those kind of players do have a worth.

But he's not anywhere near the level we need on the pitch or even on the bench when everyone's fit.

It’s a game of opinions and yes Hause is a commanding unit in the air. It’s his poor ball play that just isn’t good enough. He often fails to make 10 yard passes when not even under pressure. Wouldn’t say a CB/RB that has only 43% tackle success is someone we want to rely on, even as back up. That’s my view (from Holte End stand) and I’m no troll having watch them for the past 18 years on the terraces

He's clumsy but so is Mings when he thinks he's Beckenbauer. Most CB are CB for a reason and it normally isn't because they can play football
I'd sooner Hause than John Stones and his silky ball skills

Mings was top of the stats charts in the league in terms of blocking and clearances at the start of the season. Fact check that if you like. We were all excited about Engels during that time because he looked good in beside him, but he was soon caught out. Just like Okore was, looked good for a few games and then it soon becomes obvious why they weren't playing top level football before Villa.

Konsa has had his struggles but has now settled well, Engels is the opposite.
The day I use "stats charts" to judge a footballer will be the day that hell freezes over and pigs fly across the front of the Holte. And a comparison to Jores Okore? Now you've completely lost me.....

I think not getting his move last summer has shaken Butland and after the season he's had its hard to envision him as a Premier league number 2 let alone number 1. Steer probably isn't quite up to it either. Nyland should never play for the club again. Reina same. We completely missed the boat with Sarkic who never should have been recalled from his loan in January. He could have slotted right in and then challenged Heaton on his return.

Talking of keepers if we'd only stuck with the now Italian international we had 4 years ago instead of binning him off at the first opportunity. Number 1 for champions league quarter finalists and only 25. File him alongside Adama, Veretout, Gana.

I think not getting his move last summer has shaken Butland and after the season he's had its hard to envision him as a Premier league number 2 let alone number 1. Steer probably isn't quite up to it either. Nyland should never play for the club again. Reina same. We completely missed the boat with Sarkic who never should have been recalled from his loan in January. He could have slotted right in and then challenged Heaton on his return.

Talking of keepers if we'd only stuck with the now Italian international we had 4 years ago instead of binning him off at the first opportunity. Number 1 for champions league quarter finalists and only 25. File him alongside Adama, Veretout, Gana.
Golini threw his dummy out after they sacked DiMatteo and his Italian GK coach.

I would love a more experienced centre half like Tarkowski to come in but despite their errors I'm loathe to slag off our centre backs too much. You're more likely to make a mistake the more you're asked to do and we give our defence an awful lot to do. For the majority of the season teams have simply been able to stroll through our midfield and run straight at our defence. We tightened up after the restart and we need to continue in that vain.

Sorry mate but if he was the answer he'd be a regular by now, he's not 21 he's 27 and not one manager anywhere thinks he's a number 1. He really isn't very good, greatly save against the baggies granted but I've seen Nyland surpass that several times and he's not the answer either. He's an ok keeper who had an 18 game run and when push came to shove we signed Heaton. Who I think showed why before he got injured.
Heaton is the minimum standard we need I'd be all for Tom bing number 2 and bringing in a real top keeper, which will happen at some point if we are to progress
We'll agree to disagree on this one. I'm not saying we shouldn't bring in a decent keeper, if available, to challenge Heaton, but I'm not writing off Steer. In his five years with us, he's had three long-term injuries and limited opportunities so my only question mark over him is can he stay fit or is he the goalkeeping version of Darren Anderton? I said it during the play-off run that he was a major factor in our defensive turn-around, he came in and communicated, organized, dominated his area. While everyone else was waxing lyrical about Mings and Jack, Steer's contribution was under-valued and overlooked.