The land behind the Kop | Page 4 | Vital Football

The land behind the Kop

Sharks attack when posters are wounded. They smell blood in the water and gather in packs. Sharks managed to get me banned from the S2 forum, more fool them. I was their only quality poster.

With respect, (and I don't really mean that), whatever bollocks you got involved with on S2 can stay there. This isn't just another place for you to have the same argument with the same people. We try to get on with each other despite having different opinions. I'm all for free speech but leave it out with the 'poor me, everyones been nasty to me' bullshit.

But, Magnet. I don't give a fig for anybodies view of SUFC. And I disagree that my club was ground to a level like Accrignton Stanley. I was proud to support my cub when we reached our lowest ebb and will be even prouder to take my seat again , God willing, at some point next time around..

Admirable chips
However public opinion is extremely important

it's the reason why the Saudi PIF have tried to invest in Newcastle instead of the club their own cousin is Chairman at.

In the 1970's before money became the driving force in football Sheffield United were BIG enough to compete with anybody if the right people were in charge.

Man Utd and Liverpool were still the biggest, Spurs, Arsenal and Everton were next in line

After that everyone was about the same level, broken down dangerous stadiums that were a quarter full, and barely a sponsorship deal between them.

Dozens of clubs started to position themselves properly as football started to rise from the ashes, but Sheffield Uniteds directors one after another couldn't be arsed.

Pisspot United ........ same owd ........... that reminds me perhaps a MrMcCabe statue could be placed on the land behind the kop....erected right on top of the grave same owd is buried in.

Last edited:
Sharks attack when posters are wounded. They smell blood in the water and gather in packs. Sharks managed to get me banned from the S2 forum, more fool them. I was their only quality poster.
Like Cluff was the all seeing, omnipotent second coming eh WWF, here to rule ALL the club for decades I recall

And you're still flouncing I see,surely your username should be Flipper?

Welcome back

I don't see any debt as a 'good thing' Chips but, some is better than others.

It's secured on a (very) saleable asset.

It's at as low an nterest rate as any we are likely to see given the stat of interest rates.

BTW , regardless of all discussion, all POV, all reasons to blame/laud McC there is one absolute, incontrovertible fact from the last decade

- the less he was involved the more successful we became.

That is the most damning, most telling stat about his whole stewardship of SUFC. End of.

Yes
We have no choice, we either buy the stadium back and pay a mortgage at very low interest rates for a defined period of time, or we pay somebody rent at sky high rates forever
It's a no brainer
I don't blame McCabe for giving himself a bit of protection by the way.

But the club has no choice, the assets are now back where they belong

I agree there was
Yes
We have no choice, we either buy the stadium back and pay a mortgage at very low interest rates for a defined period of time, or we pay somebody rent at sky high rates forever
It's a no brainer
I don't blame McCabe for giving himself a bit of protection by the way.

But the club has no choice, the assets are now back where they belong

I agree but still sad that we didn't have a mortgage when Mr McCabe last owned us outright but do now (he just ran out of the readies). I don't expect the Mr McCabe haters to ever agree but I'm waiting a little bit yet before I become a Prince convert.

I think we’re gonna need a bigger forum....

And modest to a fault eh Woody? To be honest mate, I was never sure if you’d walked or had been pushed but hey, you’re here now and I welcome your resurrection.

Last edited:
I think we’re gonna need a bigger forum....

And modest to a fault eh Woody? To be honest mate, I was never sure if you’d walked or had been pushed but hey, you’re here now and I welcome your resurrection.

I do not hold much of a candle for false modesty fellow Blade. Too many charlottans are falsely modest. And sharks.

With respect, (and I don't really mean that), whatever bollocks you got involved with on S2 can stay there. This isn't just another place for you to have the same argument with the same people. We try to get on with each other despite having different opinions. I'm all for free speech but leave it out with the 'poor me, everyones been nasty to me' bullshit.

poor quality post fellow Blade. Please try to stay on topic.

poor quality post fellow Blade. Please try to stay on topic.

Poor reply, fellow Blade. Don't tell me where to go on a topic. If you've read this forum for any length of time, you'll find we don't stick to conventions like 'topics'.

There's no wonder people pick on you...

wrong again it’s the best post on this particular subject on this thread you should take note of it’s content

Have you been drinking Bulmer’s cider already Bulmer1889 ? I know it’s Friday but surely it’s a bit early

Poor reply, fellow Blade. Don't tell me where to go on a topic. If you've read this forum for any length of time, you'll find we don't stick to conventions like 'topics'.

There's no wonder people pick on you...

FatherKnowsWorst.