Cowleys sacked | Page 2 | Vital Football

Cowleys sacked

They'll have to go in during the season again I think.

You'd be surprised if Hull kept McCann but you'd have to be bonkers to go to Hull given how they're run. Bristol City doesn't seem a fit, they're not going to go to a Colchester, Southend type. Birmingham are a basket case as well.

Awful club, awful fans, which is currently rotten to the core.

Can’t wait for them to find out how the only thing keeping them in the Championship was the Cowley’s!

Whoever gets them, I hope they realise what an asset they have. I will always be grateful for the greatest three years of football I have ever had. No matter what happens in the future I don’t think the ride will be as fantastic as the one we experienced. Bristol City would be a good chance but as stated Ipswich Town must surely be on the radar.
Looking at the Uddersfield board, the majority do appear genuinely angered by this.
Back to us though and I must say I am extremely impressed by the way the big 🍎 is quietly assembling a squad to be reckoned with.

Bonkers it seems. If they don’t like the style of football then they didn’t do their homework. Fairly sure they’re at least mid table from the point since they took over.
However something about the statement says they demanded a big transfer budget to be successful next season ( sound familiar) ,no consolidation (sound familiar) & chairman called their bluff

Apart from the money having dried up, I reckon the chairman has had his head turned by whoever it is they’ve got lined up.

Ridiculous decision. This will no doubt be shot down, but we should do everything to get them back.
Getting rid of Michael Appleton to allow them to return would be an appalling decision for a variety of reasons, including the fact that the Cowleys probably left us because of our intended change of direction. Appleton is the perfect manager to implement that, the Cowleys are not. We must always look forwards, not back.

Wow, well that's a shock. According to one of their fans they accumulated 50 points from 35 games, which over 46 games would be a top 10 finish (with a team he clearly wanted to refurbish as well!)

A lot of us thought it was a great risk him leaving but one that seems to have paid off, his stock will remain high and will be richer for the sacking. Will be interesting see if they drop down for a league 1 team with potential or hold out for another punt in championship.

Can't wait to see who is lined up to replace them. The decision to sack them was obviously taken some time ago. David Wagner, perhaps? Things have not gone well at Schalke.

Blimey - Even when they left I couldn't believe they chose HTFC as the club was the opposite as to the noises coming from DC - divided club, new chairman, not much value to add. Money talks though.

Something must have gone on there, I just wonder if DC/NC tried pushing the Town board a la Cloughy! Just odd. They'll get another decent job soonish I reckon be it Bristol City or Birmingham

Can’t believe it. Jaw dropped.

What a terrible chairman. Embarrassing. Made a lot of promises to lure them, they couldn’t do much better in circumstances. Feels like they’ve then asked for promises to be met and told to get out.

Next club massive for them. Get right one, will make Huddersfield look like tits.

Sad news for them, It really is.

I would have them back in a flash if we were manager-less but we are not and we have moved on in terms of financial strategy for the club and players.

they signed a 3 year deal with the terriers so they will get a nice payout I’m guessing. May be Bristol City is there new home

Wow, well that's a shock. According to one of their fans they accumulated 50 points from 35 games, which over 46 games would be a top 10 finish (with a team he clearly wanted to refurbish as well!)

A lot of us thought it was a great risk him leaving but one that seems to have paid off, his stock will remain high and will be richer for the sacking. Will be interesting see if they drop down for a league 1 team with potential or hold out for another punt in championship.
Yeah 50 points, they had 1 point when they arrived.

With some of the 'big name' ex Premiershite players at T'uddersfield they probably lost the dressing room before they set foot in the place.

That's football loyalty from a turd of a club. Imagine doing exactly what you were brought in to do against all the odds when half the players are overpaid and can't be arsed, only to be turfed out once you succeed. Unbelievable. I feel for them, but hopefully this is a useful learning opportunity for the boys. Anyone with any sense will see the value of their stock remains intact.

Bet they're not being helped by the board to get rid of the loser players.
Didn’t get the control of everything then shame as that's what they were promised.