Maybe | Vital Football

Maybe

Only Saturday games for me. Carries on like this, I will have to give my season ticket up in the future :cry:. Have been a season ticket holder since around 1973. Start work at 05.00hrs and living in London, mid week games are a non starter for me (unless I go and start supporting Millwall).

Maybe there will be football at Priestfield soon. I confess it seems weird that one season will follow another so closely, I've almost lost sight of where we are. Midweek games are fine by me but I live fairly close, 25% attendance ST holders only I'm less sure about.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/midweek-games-could-be-the-norm-next-season-230156/

I mentioned elsewhere that clubs were apparently considering a 33% of capacity as maximum allowed attendance. If it turns out to be 25% I wonder whether an allowance is being made for away fans ? One thing for sure, clubs require an actual start date asap. Don`t see how any club can map out its business plan without being able to factor in contract lengths etc.

I like midweek games, they are often more atmospheric - and besides, playing on a Tuesday evening in Winter will conceal the lack of fans more easily ! UTG :clap::clap::clap:

Just backs up what Jerryattrick and I have been saying for months.
An open air football ground should cause few problems assuming it is properly stewarded and the fans comply.
As for away fans, for us it’s easy but other clubs may have problems.

Just read another report suggesting no half time toilet use, which sounds ridiculous. It will be interesting to see what the actual protocols and rules are. In isolation it sounds a bit of an alcohol free beer experienece but for one thing: the utter crapness of the current televised offering. Literally any live football will seem exciting by comparison.

Just read another report suggesting no half time toilet use, which sounds ridiculous. It will be interesting to see what the actual protocols and rules are.

Not as crazy as it sounds. If they arent available at half time people will stagger their visits throughout the first and second half. Might avoid crowds.

Hate to be a steward policing that though.

Just read another report suggesting no half time toilet use, which sounds ridiculous. It will be interesting to see what the actual protocols and rules are. In isolation it sounds a bit of an alcohol free beer experienece but for one thing: the utter crapness of the current televised offering. Literally any live football will seem exciting by comparison.

Any lack of toilets is ridiculous anywhere the public gather.

Any lack of toilets is ridiculous anywhere the public gather.

It wasn't no toilets full stop, it was no toilets at HT, presumably to prevent a mass rush for the toilets. The proposal is that if people want to go, they can go at some stage during the game

What a load of nonsense, all that would happen is a big rush to the toilet five mins before half time. Encourage people to go during the game but it shouldn't be enforced.

Ex-teachers will be employed to steward priority routing for the loos. A fan with one hand up and a mild wave will be directed to join the slow queue whilst any fan furiously waving two hands in the air and lifting their backside off the seat will join the fast-track queue.

You already went not five minutes ago, and you were a long time. Lurking on the steps no doubt! Sit back down.

Not a fan of the limited capacity idea. Presumably this includes social distancing i.e. leaving one or two seats in front, behind and next to you empty. This is going to be some exercise for the club to reallocate peoples seats to the new seats. Bearing in mind this is the club that some years hasn't even got the season tickets ready for the first game and that was without furloughing the staff !

It might just be easier to stick green labels on the seats that can be used and just leave it as "sit where you like (on a green label)" i.e. your season tickets grants you access to the stand of your choice but doesn't guarantee a specific seat.

It won't be great for those with kids though and also a problem in the Medway/GRS which has different prices across the stand.

Its also going to be a nightmare for the stewards to enforce.

I can't wait to get back though. Gills is the one thing I have missed during lockdown

It might be better to mandate face coverings for all spectators. Gils could sell them and make a few quid

Not a fan of the limited capacity idea. Presumably this includes social distancing i.e. leaving one or two seats in front, behind and next to you empty. This is going to be some exercise for the club to reallocate peoples seats to the new seats. Bearing in mind this is the club that some years hasn't even got the season tickets ready for the first game and that was without furloughing the staff !

It might just be easier to stick green labels on the seats that can be used and just leave it as "sit where you like (on a green label)" i.e. your season tickets grants you access to the stand of your choice but doesn't guarantee a specific seat.

It won't be great for those with kids though and also a problem in the Medway/GRS which has different prices across the stand.

Its also going to be a nightmare for the stewards to enforce.

I can't wait to get back though. Gills is the one thing I have missed during lockdown

It might be better to mandate face coverings for all spectators. Gils could sell them and make a few quid
Other clubs have their own masks, as i mentioned before Hertha have had them for a while now and West Ham have theirs in their shop at Lakeside (yes, sorry. I went there yesterday 🙄)