Good Morning Thread | Page 90 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Well we decided to go for a trip out today BEFORE the mayhem starts saturday...so we met some friends, another couple for a beach walk. We met at Thorpeness and walked back to Aldeburgh and got takeaway cod and chips and ate it on the beach then walked back to Thorpeness and had ice creams on the benches by the take away cafe near the lake. No crowds anywhere apart from the distancing in the queue for the fish and chips. No idiots and ourselves self distancing as we walked and caught up on things. What a lovely day and felt like a slice of normality in this crazy time. Dread to think what places like Aldeburgh will be like come Saturday!.

no set

Good morning all ,
Lovely photos , mans best friend .
I lost my dog , Pepper, a golden retriever, back in 1990 , to Parvovirus , , it so affected me I vowed never to have another dog , She literally was my best mate , never had a lead , I took her everywhere on voice commands , . She was so intelligent . She had two plastic bowls , one for water, one for food and if she had emptied one and wanted more , she would pick the relevant coloured bowl up and dump it in my lap, or bring it to where I was . This is bringing a sadness to me as I type . But it s happy as well because she was such a fantastic friend .

many way , hope you are all well. I really can’t believe people like a mate I met at the allotment yesterday are looking forward to the pub opening on Saturday . I don’t do any unsocial media , never have done , but apparently it’s awash on there regarding the re opening . I drive past our local everyday as I go to and from the allotment and there is bunting and flowers and all sorts outside in readiness for the event of the year . It’s like people can’t live without without being the first one back in .
you won’t catch me anywhere near it . Not until at least five o’clock anyway! ... no , that’s a joke , not going until I’ve had a proven vaccine or my wife kicks me out from under her feet , whichever comes first , the latter I would imagine .
It is all too soon , as a nation we are getting too complacent . I can understand, a little , if I was eighteen again I would be in a totally different mind set , but I’m not , in truth , I’m scared . I don’t want to go yet , ...... die I mean , not to the pub !

looks like it’s going to be a lovely day , weather wise , jobs to do indoors , mountains of work on the allotment, and the car is suffering because of both . I desperately need to give it a Hoover and wash . It’s getting like the cars I had as a teenager !

keep safe , keep well, don’t get complacent, keep alert, keep your balls clean and your beds tidy .

So apart from one, maybe two exceptions Spurs fans are dog lovers - what bunch of softies we are! :lol:

The sun is shining, done the walk/jog and ready for another good day.

Keep smart, keep safe, don't get fooled into believing this is over, it really isn't and more local lockdowns are likely to happen soon and carry on through to the end of the year.

I'm told production of the Oxford vaccine has been ramped up yet again - which must be a positive sign or it's a massive punt by our government..

Actually to put the record straight I am a selective 'dog owner hater' where the dog owner does not know how to control their 'best friend' so dogs are not in the main the problem.

My father had a dog when I was small about 5years old (me not the dog) a pure bred sheep dog and when we went on holiday one year he put it in a kennel to be told on return that it had died...yeh right sold on for breeding probably...anyway never wanted a dog after that as I was so upset at the time..

Many dog owners are irresponsible especially the arsoles who get dangerous breeds and have kids as well...what mindless idiots

Butt I do not hold that against responsible owners.

My pet hate is dogs being allowed on the beach were families with kids go...and many do not keep them on leads (or the kids ha ha ) as thay should.

When a dog bounds up to me when my grandkids are making a sand castle I usually shoo it away, spade in hand. The owner invariably says oh she or he won't hurt them as it is a gentle dog and just wants to be friends. Well madam/sir I do not know that do I and I don't want to risk the pooch taking a lump out of my grandkids face! Nuff said, put it on a lead. I blame the local council as there are great swathes of beach area where families do not go so they could make that a dog friendly zone. There is a country lane near me that I walk down and had to write to the council to tell them to rename it to 'dog poo lane' FFS...caring considerate owners indeed, and by their inaction definitely tarnsh the considerate ones!

Rant over.....

Good morning all ,

many way , hope you are all well. I really can’t believe people like a mate I met at the allotment yesterday are looking forward to the pub opening on Saturday . I don’t do any unsocial media , never have done , but apparently it’s awash on there regarding the re opening . I drive past our local everyday as I go to and from the allotment and there is bunting and flowers and all sorts outside in readiness for the event of the year . It’s like people can’t live without without being the first one back in .
you won’t catch me anywhere near it .
Not until at least five o’clock anyway! ... no , that’s a joke , not going until I’ve had a proven vaccine or my wife kicks me out from under her feet , whichever comes first , the latter I would imagine .
It is all too soon , as a nation we are getting too complacent . I can understand, a little , if I was eighteen again I would be in a totally different mind set , but I’m not , in truth , I’m scared . I don’t want to go yet , ...... die I mean , not to the pub !

Heard somebody say on Sky News the other day Walt that it is essential to get the economy going again, every patriotic Englishman should be going to the pub!

That's how we feel about ours its heart breaking.
Your wife does a wonderful thing it breaks my heart when I watch shows like pitbulls and. Paroles and you get to see how people treat dogs.Thank god for people like your wife
Take care of your babies
I think, no I know, we all feel the same for the way some treat our canine friends, whats up with them.

My missus is a member of the Pitbulls and Parolees club, we watch every episode, and get regular updates info via the internet, and the pair of us have rescued/adopted "bull" type terriers all our married lives together, mainly "Staffies" who have the same bad name as the Pitbull in America, its bloody pathetic and makes us both very angry.

Take care and try and think there is another very grateful "rescue" dog out there waiting for your love.

Actually to put the record straight I am a selective 'dog owner hater' where the dog owner does not know how to control their 'best friend' so dogs are not in the main the problem.

My father had a dog when I was small about 5years old (me not the dog) a pure bred sheep dog and when we went on holiday one year he put it in a kennel to be told on return that it had died...yeh right sold on for breeding probably...anyway never wanted a dog after that as I was so upset at the time..

Many dog owners are irresponsible especially the arsoles who get dangerous breeds and have kids as well...what mindless idiots

Butt I do not hold that against responsible owners.

My pet hate is dogs being allowed on the beach were families with kids go...and many do not keep them on leads (or the kids ha ha ) as thay should.

When a dog bounds up to me when my grandkids are making a sand castle I usually shoo it away, spade in hand. The owner invariably says oh she or he won't hurt them as it is a gentle dog and just wants to be friends. Well madam/sir I do not know that do I and I don't want to risk the pooch taking a lump out of my grandkids face! Nuff said, put it on a lead. I blame the local council as there are great swathes of beach area where families do not go so they could make that a dog friendly zone. There is a country lane near me that I walk down and had to write to the council to tell them to rename it to 'dog poo lane' FFS...caring considerate owners indeed, and by their inaction definitely tarnsh the considerate ones!

Rant over.....
Have to disagree with you there regards "Dangerous Breeds", there is no such thing, media crap again, the "DB" dogs you are referring 2, is down solely to the arsehole owners you talk about, not the poor dog itself.

I have owned, since I was a kid numerous "Dangerous Breeds" Staffies etc and even a Pitbull, cannot now because they banned here, its pathetic, incidently there is no such a registered breed, its a mixture of Bull terriers, the name derives from America, even Staffies in the States are called "Pitbulls".

As you can probably see I am a massive "Bull Terrier" lover and will defend them with everything I have, oh and don't forget I have 5 kids, all brought up with these dogs.

Have to disagree with you there regards "Dangerous Breeds", there is no such thing, media crap again, the "DB" dogs you are referring 2, is down solely to the arsehole owners you talk about, not the poor dog itself.

I have owned, since I was a kid numerous "Dangerous Breeds" Staffies etc and even a Pitbull, cannot now because they banned here, its pathetic, incidently there is no such a registered breed, its a mixture of Bull terriers, the name derives from America, even Staffies in the States are called "Pitbulls".

As you can probably see I am a massive "Bull Terrier" lover and will defend them with everything I have, oh and don't forget I have 5 kids, all brought up with these dogs.

So the bad press when they kill or mame a kid is due to the owners not training them nothing to do with the interbreeding, natural instinct as an animal then?

Or perhaps you were just lucky ...

Why then do people breed them as fighting dogs for illegal dog fighting - because it is part of their DNA! or to be pulling the heavily tattoed arms out of sockets of numpty white supremasists walking them to frighten everyone they come into contact with (or a penis replacement ha ha).

Why are they banned?

Despite any amount of training mate, a dog is still an animal and can turn despite normally being relatively placid ...perhaps through a brain disease or something of that ilk.

Respect your views based on your experiences as a responsible dog owner... ...next door have a cross breed and the idiotic dog head butts the fence whenever we are near it..good jiob it is strong and high I have told him if the dog ever leaps over it I will not hesitate to hack it with my axe or knife... dog must have an almighty headache most days! Owner is a big tattoed but quite intelligent man when we discuss politics or conspiracy theories. It has bitten his teenagers and drawn blood...dont know why it was not removed by police this time.

One dog he had before was taken away by the police after it attacked him....but it apparently was suffering from brain damage ((much like his owner for having these dogs) So overall you may be right about 'its the owners', but I beg to differ because they can turn.

(Do you like my colourful bigotry and stereotyping of ALL owners of these dogs ha ha!)

Last edited:
One of my dogs I walk was put to sleep yesterday. I'm gutted. 3 years I have been walking him. Kidney failure.

He was old bless him but he was in good spirits last Friday. Scary how things change so quickly.

RIP Freddie my fluffy buddy. :cry:

So the bad press when they kill or mame a kid is due to the owners not training them nothing to do with the interbreeding, natural instinct as an animal then?

Or perhaps you were just lucky ...

Why then do people breed them as fighting dogs for illegal dog fighting - because it is part of their DNA! or to be pulling the heavily tattoed arms out of sockets of numpty white supremasists walking them to frighten everyone they come into contact with (or a penis replacement ha ha).

Why are they banned?

Despite any amount of training mate, a dog is still an animal and can turn despite normally being relatively placid ...perhaps through a brain disease or something of that ilk.

Respect your views based on your experiences as a responsible dog owner... ...next door have a cross breed and the idiotic dog head butts the fence whenever we are near it..good jiob it is strong and high I have told him if the dog ever leaps over it I will not hesitate to hack it with my axe or knife... dog must have an almighty headache most days! Owner is a big tattoed but quite intelligent man when we discuss politics or conspiracy theories. It has bitten his teenagers and drawn blood...dont know why it was not removed by police this time.

One dog he had before was taken away by the police after it attacked him....but it apparently was suffering from brain damage ((much like his owner for having these dogs) So overall you may be right about 'its the owners', but I beg to differ because they can turn.

(Do you like my colourful bigotry and stereotyping of ALL owners of these dogs ha ha!)
I cannot disagree with your 1st 3 para's up to the question, why are they banned, the answer is Crap/shit/brain dead owners, simple as that.

Do not forget I agree with you regards dogs off leads, should not be allowed in public places, dogs running to children, but its the same with children running up to a tethered dog, who then feels threatened, seen it so many times and me saying stop your kid, to only get a gob full reply from the responsible! parent.

Here's a little story, I said we have owned "Bull terrier" types all our lives, well we did or rather my missus did, own a West Highland terrier for 16 years, got on very well with any other dog we had, but Cats, hated em, she was the only dog we have owned that had damaged any cat that came in our garden.

Through out my 68 years on this planet, there has always been the "Bad, be afraid off, watch out for" dog, 60's Alsations, 70's Dobermanns, 80's Rockweilers, the list goes on, there is at the mo a media put down of Huskies, also the most likely dog to bite you is a "Chitsu" well nip you anyway.

One of the rules we have always had, never leave a baby, very small child alone in the room with ANY! breed of dog, so not lucky in our raising of our clan, but doing things properly/correctly.
Cheers mate

One of my dogs I walk was put to sleep yesterday. I'm gutted. 3 years I have been walking him. Kidney failure.

He was old bless him but he was in good spirits last Friday. Scary how things change so quickly.

RIP Freddie my fluffy buddy. :cry:
Sorry for you there, and you did not even own him.