So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 138 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

He made an unwarranted demand (sack dc) or he’d break the law (visit his folks). Clearly he’d either gain from that or the government would lose. Childish no doubt.

If his folks need assistance, if they're vulnerable, if they need his support, and Morgan instinctively believes they need his help ............ then surely, he won't be breaking the law.

Apparently.
:hmmm:

That’s lockdown over for me. I’ll be going out whenever I want, seeing whoever I want. Already been out once today and I’ll be out again later. The days of me sticking to leaving the house once a day are done.

Been hard staying away from my parents (they live about an hour’s drive away but don’t need any help so no need for me to visit). Thankfully I don’t have to do that anymore. If the government have any sense they end the lockdown immediately because they’ll be millions with my attitude now. Not just Piers Morgan.

Well to be fair you do sound as childish as Morgan.

That’s lockdown over for me. I’ll be going out whenever I want, seeing whoever I want. Already been out once today and I’ll be out again later. The days of me sticking to leaving the house once a day are done.

Been hard staying away from my parents (they live about an hour’s drive away but don’t need any help so no need for me to visit). Thankfully I don’t have to do that anymore. If the government have any sense they end the lockdown immediately because they’ll be millions with my attitude now. Not just Piers Morgan.

I fully understand C_Latic. The thing is .......it isn't fully safe yet, is it, and just because the standard hasn't been set by those who should know better, doesn't mean that we should all be so laissez faire.

However, based on Johnson's stance, backing Cummings, many many people will feel exactly the same as yourself ...... and as a result, more people will catch the virus .......and maybe, some will die.

I hope Johnson is happy with his decision.

Please mate ......take care. (y)

Apparently they don’t.

Actually, my reference to Cummings is irrelevant ..................... back to Morgan, whether or not his parents do or don't need assistance is irrelevant. If Morgan thinks he's doing the right thing, then that's all that matters.

Apparently.

I fully understand C_Latic. The thing is .......it isn't fully safe yet, is it, and just because the standard hasn't been set by those who should know better, doesn't mean that we should all be so laissez faire.

However, based on Johnson's stance, backing Cummings, many many people will feel exactly the same as yourself ...... and as a result, more people will catch the virus .......and maybe, some will die.

I hope Johnson is happy with his decision.

Please mate ......take care. (y)
I don’t care mate. I’ve backed this lockdown in the hope that it saved lives. I’ve followed rules, I’ve done everything asked of me. Only to get spat on by people at the top who think they are beyond the rules. I come off furlough next month and as such with me returning to work, I’m taking measures to restore my life to normality.

This is not North Korea, this is a democratic country and I’m now worried for our future with a prime minister who has proven today that he cannot function in office without the man who does everything for him bar feeding and burping him. I genuinely thought Boris was different as well. I supported him through this and had actually grown to like him. I feel duped!

Actually, my reference to Cummings is irrelevant ..................... back to Morgan, whether or not his parents do or don't need assistance is irrelevant. If Morgan thinks he's doing the right thing, then that's all that matters.

Apparently.

Well Cummings had a legit reason to ensure the welfare of his child as permitted by the guidelines, seems Morgan is just being childish because he can’t get his own way.

Anyway, he stays, for now. Unless some actually evidence is provided he broke the lockdown guidance then I’m sure it’ll be reassessed. I’ve no doubt there’ll be sightings of him on Shergar holidaying with Lord Lucan before the nights out.

There was just no way Boris was going to cave in to this left wing media campaign. If he had it would have been the end of him and free reign for them to go after someone else. He may well release him eventually, but it’ll be framed as being on his terms over something else.

Reflecting on that briefing, Johnson's defence of Cummings, and the frankly pitiful response to most of the questions, two things are clear.

1. Whatever happens in the next few days/weeks, Johnson and Cummings are joined at the hip. If the backlash means that Cummings is forced to go, then I reckon Johnson will be going with him.

2. If on the other hand, they manage to ride it all out, then Johnson (and Cummings) can do just about whatever they see fit, and the the public will simply have to sit and take it.

Extraordinary really.

Well Cummings had a legit reason to ensure the welfare of his child as permitted by the guidelines, seems Morgan is just being childish because he can’t get his own way.

Legit reason? His wife had symptoms. He didn't (at that time). It was a precaution, based on what he believed to be right.

Morgan could act in exactly the same manner.

Anyway, he stays, for now. Unless some actually evidence is provided he broke the lockdown guidance then I’m sure it’ll be reassessed. I’ve no doubt there’ll be sightings of him on Shergar holidaying with Lord Lucan before the nights out..

:rolleyes:

There was just no way Boris was going to cave in to this left wing media campaign. If he had it would have been the end of him and free reign for them to go after someone else. He may well release him eventually, but it’ll be framed as being on his terms over something else.

Please, MiW, stop with the left wing fantasy. It's not. Both sides are criticising him.

What a shitshow.

I don’t care mate. I’ve backed this lockdown in the hope that it saved lives. I’ve followed rules, I’ve done everything asked of me. Only to get spat on by people at the top who think they are beyond the rules. I come off furlough next month and as such with me returning to work, I’m taking measures to restore my life to normality.

This is not North Korea, this is a democratic country and I’m now worried for our future with a prime minister who has proven today that he cannot function in office without the man who does everything for him bar feeding and burping him. I genuinely thought Boris was different as well. I supported him through this and had actually grown to like him. I feel duped!

Dry your eyes C, and quit with the virtue signalling, it’s unbecoming.

Besides how have you backed the lockdown? You want football to return when social distancing measures are still in place.

Legit reason? His wife had symptoms. He didn't (at that time). It was a precaution, based on what he believed to be right.

Morgan could act in exactly the same manner.

Transmission in households is such that if she had it he’d get it. No guarantee they could care for a 4 year old, so according to guidance took measures to ensure his safety by isolating near, not with, relatives who could have provided the child care if needed.

Morgan had a hissy fit because they hadn’t sacked him.

Please, MiW, stop with the left wing fantasy. It's not. Both sides are criticising him.

It’s reality, not fantasy. He’s enemy number one, they hate him, they instigated it.

Transmission in households is such that if she had it he’d get it. No guarantee they could care for a 4 year old, so according to guidance took measures to ensure his safety by isolating near, not with, relatives who could have provided the child care if needed.

Not necessarily. People can self isolate in a room. Cummings could have looked after the lad. As it is, he probably got it through being in the car next to her for 4 hours !

If every single family with young kids, in which an adult developed the symptoms, moved around the country, there'd have been chaos.

Morgan had a hissy fit because they hadn’t sacked him.

He's still (from now on) entitled to act based on his beliefs and instincts ......... as are we all.

It’s reality, not fantasy. He’s enemy number one, they hate him, they instigated it.

MPs. Spectator. FT. Telegraph. Mail. Morgan. I can probably go on "that place" and find more.

The worst thing about this Cummings debacle is that attention was diverted away from the fact he announced we were moving to phase 2 of the lock down release, and not a single journalist qiestioned him about it! This is a very big step as it brings back live sport, including my own which will recommence a week on Monday! It needs to be debated properly as it will mean a lot less social distancing by participants, yet no one raised the subject in the questioning! This is a very big move and musnt be ignored

The worst thing about this Cummings debacle is that attention was diverted away from the fact he announced we were moving to phase 2 of the lock down release, and not a single journalist qiestioned him about it! This is a very big step as it brings back live sport, including my own which will recommence a week on Monday! It needs to be debated properly as it will mean a lot less social distancing by participants, yet no one raised the subject in the questioning! This is a very big move and musnt be ignored
It also conveniently moves us away from Johnson destroying evidence in the Accuri case.

ot necessarily. People can self isolate in a room. Cummings could have looked after the lad. As it is, he probably got it through being in the car next to her for 4 hours !

If every single family with young kids, in which an adult developed the symptoms, moved around the country, there'd have been chaos.

By the time you’ve symptoms self isolating in a room is futile. I’m sure most families have relatives nearby to provide childcare so no requirement to move and isolate elsewhere near other relatives.

e's still (from now on) entitled to act based on his beliefs and instincts ......... as are we all.

Within the confines of the guidance, as he always has.

MPs. Spectator. FT. Telegraph. Mail. Morgan. I can probably go on "that place" and find more.

Not so much the Telegraph, plenty of supportive articles for him on there, the rest jumped aboard the bandwagon because they don’t like him, but it was instigated and led by the bitter left wing media.

Anyway, he stays, for now. Unless some actually evidence is provided he broke the lockdown guidance then I’m sure it’ll be reassessed. I’ve no doubt there’ll be sightings of him on Shergar holidaying with Lord Lucan before the nights out.

I agree with MiW
Johnson is so intelligent that he can see a nuanced justification for Cumming's actions. The fact that the majority cannot see or understand this justification is not the fault of Johnston.
We should just respect the decisions of our betters.
Us little folk should just carry on voting Tory.