Luis Campos | Page 2 | Vital Football

Luis Campos

Please stay on topic.

Luis Campos would be of real benefit to the club. He's a proven talent spotter.

The topic is Luis Campos and I am discussing what it could mean for Spurs if he would work for the club.

Because you used the expression “put us ahead of most other clubs”, I have mentioned that we are already ahead of all other EPL clubs in paying the highest salary for a Premier League executive who has won nothing for the club for twenty consecutive years!!!

What I am saying about Luis Campos and any other DoF is that though it is important for a club to have a good DoF and manager, the most decisive condition that must be fulfilled in order a club like Spurs to win glory on the field is to have owners who are ambitious with winning titles and trophies with their club.
Something that ENIC have proved in the last twenty years (!!!) that they lack.

According to me, a period of twenty years is more than enough time to judge and to understand some situations and intentions.

Don't forget that there is also the case that ENIC wants to hire a good DoF only in order to find young players who could increase the profit of the owners when reselling them.

The topic is Luis Campos and I am discussing what it could mean for Spurs if he would work for the club.

Because you used the expression “put us ahead of most other clubs”, I have mentioned that we are already ahead of all other EPL clubs in paying the highest salary for a Premier League executive who has won nothing for the club for twenty consecutive years!!!

What I am saying about Luis Campos and any other DoF is that though it is important for a club to have a good DoF and manager, the most decisive condition that must be fulfilled in order a club like Spurs to win glory on the field is to have owners who are ambitious with winning titles and trophies with their club.
Something that ENIC have proved in the last twenty years (!!!) that they lack.

According to me, a period of twenty years is more than enough time to judge and to understand some situations and intentions.

Don't forget that there is also the case that ENIC wants to hire a good DoF only in order to find young players who could increase the profit of the owners when reselling them.

Your points are valid. Where your argument falls down is the inference that all supporters aren't interested in winning. I would say if you asked any of us what we wanted most it would be a PL or CL title, or both, or lots of them.

IMO Levy has 5 years to prove that he can run a perennial contender. And personally, I think hiring Campos is going back to what he has always wanted which is a more European structure with a DoF. Remember what he said to Redknapp when he fired him: Harry, we are going in a different direction.

I think part of the delay in getting a new DoF was Pochettino. I don't think Pochettino could or can work with anyone outside of his cadre.

Now we have Jose, Campos is a great fit. If we can find these young players we now have the money to KEEP them. At least relative to a lot of other football clubs.

The situation has changed, I think we need to give it time to play out before we crucify anyone.

Your points are valid. Where your argument falls down is the inference that all supporters aren't interested in winning. I would say if you asked any of us what we wanted most it would be a PL or CL title, or both, or lots of them.

IMO Levy has 5 years to prove that he can run a perennial contender. And personally, I think hiring Campos is going back to what he has always wanted which is a more European structure with a DoF. Remember what he said to Redknapp when he fired him: Harry, we are going in a different direction.

I think part of the delay in getting a new DoF was Pochettino. I don't think Pochettino could or can work with anyone outside of his cadre.

Now we have Jose, Campos is a great fit. If we can find these young players we now have the money to KEEP them. At least relative to a lot of other football clubs.

The situation has changed, I think we need to give it time to play out before we crucify anyone.

Yes, lets give supporters hope!
Hope is a nice feeling!!
Hope never dies!!!

Only Spurs remain trophy-less after twenty consecutive years!!!
But now Luis Campos probably is joining the club and new hopes could arise!!
We can't do anything else than wait to see what finally will happen!!
Like what we did last twenty years!!

Hope is a nice feeling!!
Hope never dies!!!

LOL. That's right. Frustrating as it is. :thumbup:

Hope is a nice feeling!!
Hope never dies!!!

I agree completely and have been saying much the same for the last 10 years at least....we the fans are like donkeys that have carrots dangled in front of them on a string to keep us faithful to the cause.....however, knowing this and voicing this changes nothing...we are the HS 2 of the football world....millions paid out but no end in sight for the project....can’t even clearly see where we are going and what route will get us there.

Facts are we are stuck with ENIC and Levy and we will go wherever they decide....it won’t stop me supporting the team though...ever.

I agree completely and have been saying much the same for the last 10 years at least....we the fans are like donkeys that have carrots dangled in front of them on a string to keep us faithful to the cause.....however, knowing this and voicing this changes nothing...we are the HS 2 of the football world....millions paid out but no end in sight for the project....can’t even clearly see where we are going and what route will get us there.

Facts are we are stuck with ENIC and Levy and we will go wherever they decide....it won’t stop me supporting the team though...ever.

I agree with you.

I just want to remind that there are two ways to support a football club: passive and active.

NRD, it is nice to know that there are such ambitious with winning glory on the field Spurs supporters like you do!!

Only Levy and Co can match your ambitions with Spurs!!

I was challenging your statement that Spurs are trophyless after 20 consecutive years. It's not true. Neither is it true that I am not ambitious, I thought we could win the CL and we damn well almost did.

I was challenging your statement that Spurs are trophyless after 20 consecutive years. It's not true. Neither is it true that I am not ambitious, I thought we could win the CL and we damn well almost did.

I didn't say you are not ambitious with Spurs.

I said that you have the same ambition with Spurs as Levy and Co have, that has ceiling to win an English League cup in twenty years!

That's the meaning of Passive . I asked what it means with Support added on .

A support that is characterised by accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance.

For example, you support Spurs but you accept without protesting that the club has not won in twenty years a title or a major domestic or international trophy only because its owners didn't want to strengthen the squad at the right time with the right players or they have not done this at some critical moments of the competition (like in the January transfer window).

This is called passive support.

Last edited:
That is the meaning of Passive
I quote from the dictionary:

“accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance.”[/QUO
I didn't say you are not ambitious with Spurs.

I said that you have the same ambition with Spurs as Levy and Co have, that has ceiling to win an English League cup in twenty years!

That's not my ambition. It's what we have won in the last 20 years. But you said we hadn't won anything. I had enough ambition to think we could win the CL.

This is the only thing I REALLY care about at this point in time.

Interesting debate going on but I don’t understand it . You are either a Spurs FANATIC , or you are not . You either Support Spurs or you don’t . .........You can just “ like “ them , I suppose .
I cannot see for the life of me how winning a trophy or not winning a trophy changes a thing about how I feel for MY club .
Buy every superstar in the world and I don’t become more of a fan . It doesn’t make me more ambitious . Drop down to league two and I won’t become less ambitious .,
What does my ambition have to do with it ? Don’t get it .

But I suppose I’ve been dragged into the Off Topic theme now . Sorry .
Bottom line is , is that I want to see us win every game we play . Don’t we all want that.
Being realistic when we don’t win is a good quality .
I don’t get the alternative discussion regarding ambition .......weird !

A support that is characterised by accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance.
Sorry loan , there is only one way to support a football club ................ Totally. ..
I don’t mind being educated if you can explain what supporting a club “actively “ entails . Maybe start a new thread to do it though

For me active support is going to games, buying match tickets, buying official merch, drink and food from the ground. I didnt understand what passive support was and didnt get a very good answer. I guess being at the ground and cheering could be a kind of active support but you need to support the club financially first to do that.

My take on it is that I've believed for a while that the THFC leadership team is missing pieces. When I last looked, our board has a strong flavour of current and ex accountants and it feels very different from the dream team that John Henry and Fenway has put around Klopp to make them successful. With Liverpool, we don't even see them or know their names. They just work in the background to make the club successful. I sort of feel that's what Campos could be, as compared to Arnesen, Commoli and even Sherwood who wanted to be bigger than the manager themselves. Jose is our main man and everything should fit around him. If he wants Campos, just go get him.