Sam Ling (RB)
Joe Widdowson (LB)
Josh Coulson (CB)
Craig Clay (CM)
Conor Wilkinson (ST)
Jordan Maguire-Drew (WG)
Sam Sargeant (GK)
Myles Judd (RB)
Dan Happe (CB) - Was likely to be sold, not so sure now.
James Brophy (WG)
Louis Dennis (WG)
Lee Angol (ST)
Lawrence Vigouroux (GK)
Jamie Turley (CB)
Hector Kyprianou (CM)
Jayden Sweeney (LB)
Danny Johnson (ST)
Josh Wright (CM)

Out of Contract players:
Marvin Ekpiteta
Matt Harrold
James Dayton
Ruel Soitirou
Brendan Shabani
Jobi McAnuff
Arthur Janata

Leyton Orient:

Under Contract for next season:
Sam Ling (RB)
Joe Widdowson (LB)
Josh Coulson (CB)
Craig Clay (CM)
Conor Wilkinson (ST)
Jordan Maguire-Drew (WG)
Sam Sargeant (GK)
Myles Judd (RB)
Dan Happe (CB) - Was likely to be sold, not so sure now.
James Brophy (WG)
Louis Dennis (WG)
Lee Angol (ST)
Lawrence Vigouroux (GK)
Jamie Turley (CB)
Hector Kyprianou (CM)
Jayden Sweeney (LB)
Danny Johnson (ST)
Josh Wright (CM)

Out of Contract players:
Marvin Ekpiteta
Matt Harrold
James Dayton
Ruel Soitirou
Brendan Shabani
Jobi McAnuff
Arthur Janata

Clubs like this that have huge amount of players under contract are clearly going to be some of the ones that struggle most as the forward commitments are that much higher. We are very fortunate that we only have a few (is it 7 or 8) under contract for next season given the degree of uncertainty and it's inevitable that wages will tumble next season.

Do you think we could be in for any surprises with our list (sorry if mentioned elsewhere, not been so up to date)

Do you think we could be in for any surprises with our list (sorry if mentioned elsewhere, not been so up to date)

I suspect it will be a different list than it otherwise might have been unfortunately. Finances will be so tight

We are very fortunate that we only have a few (is it 7 or 8) under contract for next season

To the best of my recollection we have to at least this time next year

Aaron Lewis
Max Melbourne
Cian Bolger
Tayo Edun
Harry Anderson
Anthony Scully
Tom Hopper
Zac Elbouzedi
Jordan Abebayo-Smith

The contracts of Jorge Grant and Jack Payne are still clouded in some mystery as to length but I wouldn't be surprised if they extend to next season

I would expect both Payne and Grant to have contracts until 2021. I am unclear about Alex Bradley. I am expecting some discussions with Bostwick and Eardley on significant reduced terms (potentially both going) and some attempt to part with Payne to no avail given he will have an excellent contract in the present circumstances. The EFL will probably have to make a policy decision on previously agreed contracts under new rules in terms of wage caps.

I would expect both Payne and Grant to have contracts until 2021. I am unclear about Alex Bradley. I am expecting some discussions with Bostwick and Eardley on significant reduced terms (potentially both going) and some attempt to part with Payne to no avail given he will have an excellent contract in the present circumstances. The EFL will probably have to make a policy decision on previously agreed contracts under new rules in terms of wage caps.
Jordan AS won't be on a big contract nor I doubt would Ellis Chapman if we looked to offer him something. The players on the bigger contracts I suspect are about 50% of that list. As domski says I don't think Jack Payne will be leaving. Personally I believe there is a good player there who to my knowledge has done nothing wrong but for whatever reason hasn't thus far fitted into what MAPP is looking for. Under the circumstances I would like the club to put an arm around his shoulder, encourage him and see if bridges can be built to obtain some VFM. It's not as if he is ancient.

The old model could be getting turned on its' head. Clubs with lots of saleable player assets tied into decent length contracts seemed to hold the whip hand. In the new market they are likely to be saddled with lots of players on big wages whose transfer value has plummeted. There could be a lot of equally good players out of contract available on reduced wages for clubs who have cleared their decks this Summer. That could go some way to redressing the financial and playing ability gap between clubs in the short term before hopefully salary caps and a new normal in due course.

There will be quite a few players also not wanting to uproot themselves from current abodes which might mean they are willing to have a lesser wage. Travelling distances might therefore be a factor which just might encourage Bridcutt that a contract with us on a reduced rate would be worthwhile.

EDIT I've made the assumption he lives in Nottinghamshire of course.

There will be quite a few players also not wanting to uproot themselves from current abodes which might mean they are willing to have a lesser wage. Travelling distances might therefore be a factor which just might encourage Bridcutt that a contract with us on a reduced rate would be worthwhile.

EDIT I've made the assumption he lives in Nottinghamshire of course.
That was my thinking r.e. Eardley.

The old model could be getting turned on its' head. Clubs with lots of saleable player assets tied into decent length contracts seemed to hold the whip hand. In the new market they are likely to be saddled with lots of players on big wages whose transfer value has plummeted. There could be a lot of equally good players out of contract available on reduced wages for clubs who have cleared their decks this Summer. That could go some way to redressing the financial and playing ability gap between clubs in the short term before hopefully salary caps and a new normal in due course.

Negative equity.