The Business/Finance/Economics Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Business/Finance/Economics Thread

It's very early doors for talk of a financial rescue package but there is talk of helicopter money. Apparently, they gave everyone in Hong Kong $1,500 to get things going. I'd say it's too early to do anything about it yet but we are likely to see some unprecedented economic action.

I'm amazed that people still advertising on the internet. Who is buying at the moment?

I've been using FB a lot more over the past week or so but I'm not buying anything right now.

Here's an interesting one. Warren Buffett was criticised before the Covid19 crisis for holding too much cash at Berkshire.

The big question at a time like this is when is the right time to buy. Obviously, you are never going to nail the bottom of the market but you don't want to go too early and have to ride the market down to the bottom either.

Since we can't tell where the bottom of the market is, we could tell where Warren Buffett thinks it is by when he starts buying. Is that public information? How would we get that sort of information short of spending $272,500.00 on a share of BH?

Here's an interesting one. Warren Buffett was criticised before the Covid19 crisis for holding too much cash at Berkshire.

The big question at a time like this is when is the right time to buy. Obviously, you are never going to nail the bottom of the market but you don't want to go too early and have to ride the market down to the bottom either.

Since we can't tell where the bottom of the market is, we could tell where Warren Buffett thinks it is by when he starts buying. Is that public information? How would we get that sort of information short of spending $272,500.00 on a share of BH?

Doesn't Berkshire have to inform the stock exchange when it buys or sells stocks? Surely he gets a natural upside when he buys because all his followers buy too.

The pound has crashed against the dollar to 1.16 which isn’t even a headline, Andy doesn’t seem to have any benefit on the FTSE

With schools now closing for the foreseeable future it will mean delays in the A level exams or complete postponement. This will have the knock on effect for university recruitment for new Undergraduate students in September. A number of universities are close to going under according to recent reports - this current situation might just tip some over the edge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-47204922

I'm amazed that people still advertising on the internet. Who is buying at the moment?

I've been using FB a lot more over the past week or so but I'm not buying anything right now.

To be fair, having just read what you have said (stfu by the way! LOL) the main adverts are AVIVA life insurance......!!!!!!!!!!

With schools now closing for the foreseeable future it will mean delays in the A level exams or complete postponement.

All exams cancelled, CBB.

Revealing the shutdown of schools in England, Education Secretary Gavin Williamson told MPs assessments or exams would not go ahead this year and performance tables would not be published.

But he said officials were working with exam boards "to ensure that children get the qualifications that they need".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51952314

Yes, my niece finishes school this Friday, worked so hard towards her exams, now they have been cancelled. Maybe they will assess on coursework? Feel for them, uncertainty at that age isn't nice and the build up for exams is so big, it seems all-encompassing at that age doesn't it?

She has a place at Uni, I am assuming all will be sorted in the right way for this set of school leavers.

Yes, my niece finishes school this Friday, worked so hard towards her exams, now they have been cancelled. Maybe they will assess on coursework? Feel for them, uncertainty at that age isn't nice and the build up for exams is so big, it seems all-encompassing at that age doesn't it?

She has a place at Uni, I am assuming all will be sorted in the right way for this set of school leavers.

Talk of coursework being a guide and then average scores so far (I'm assuming mocks take the lead) but no overall decision yet.

Given schools are remaining open for 'key workers' and the more vulnerable....I can't see why exams can't go ahead really - just don't use 'at risk' invigilators.

At least in terms of Uni - (and or jobs promised) - I'd be amazed if anyone didn't follow through on that promise if exams really don't go ahead as loss of education/earnings would be a massive legal issue for those who nailed exactly what was expected of them (and got them that route in the first place).

I'll be watching my $800 worth of airline stocks crash and burn all the way to the bottom baby! I absolutely pre-jacked on those but once I lost a single digit I was never selling, I will not sell shit that isn't worth what I paid initially.

I'll be watching my $800 worth of airline stocks crash and burn all the way to the bottom baby! I absolutely pre-jacked on those but once I lost a single digit I was never selling, I will not sell shit that isn't worth what I paid initially.

I get the feeling you don't have the necessary attitude to be a billionaire mate.

Reminds me of an old boss though, had an argument with a customer over circa £100 (his story was she got what she ordered and didn't understand what she ordered) - she sent in £1. He never sued, never chased - he fucking framed the cheque in the office lol

I quite liked that until I realised my job then was chasing down the people he hadn't actually billed for the next 18 months and most had no idea they had a bill. Some tasty phone conversations - probably why I don't like phones.

You could sell and try to buy them back when they bottom out. The danger is that they go to 0.

Brent Crude hit $24.80 last night. It's likely to go lower in the short term but it can't stay there. The Saudis need it at $80 to balance their budgets.

All exams cancelled, CBB.

Revealing the shutdown of schools in England, Education Secretary Gavin Williamson told MPs assessments or exams would not go ahead this year and performance tables would not be published.

But he said officials were working with exam boards "to ensure that children get the qualifications that they need".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51952314

Its funny as a kid you’ll probably love this news, but when you look back in a decade you realise how important it is to get them.

Hopefully they can sit them in August/September time, if a kid has half an ounce of sense they’ll be practicing over the summer

Brent Crude hit $24.80 last night. It's likely to go lower in the short term but it can't stay there. The Saudis need it at $80 to balance their budgets.

US break even point for Brent crude is $50 per barrel I believe. Typically price of oil goes down when none of us can fucking drive 😄

I get the feeling you don't have the necessary attitude to be a billionaire mate.

£100 (his story was she got what she ordered and didn't understand what she ordered) - she sent in £1. He never sued, never chased - he fucking framed the cheque in the office lol

I quite liked that until I realised my job then was chasing down the people he hadn't actually billed for the next 18 months and most had no idea they had a bill. Some tasty phone conversations - probably why I don't like phones.

I can be an awful stubborn prick, you'd never have guessed! haha.

You could sell and try to buy them back when they bottom out. The danger is that they go to 0.

Yeah I mean better to lose $100 than $800. I'll probably give it a week and then make a decision but they're probably going nowhere but down for the next 30-60 days.

I can be an awful stubborn prick, you'd never have guessed! haha.

Yeah I mean better to lose $100 than $800. I'll probably give it a week and then make a decision but they're probably going nowhere but down for the next 30-60 days.

In a week you'll have lost another $100 at least. Eat the loss and move on.

Have a look at Martin Samuel's column in the Mail Online today. He rips Richard Branson a new one when he contrasts his treatment of Virgin workers with those of Gary Neville and Abramovich. If Branson reads it he will be squirming.