The National Media and Forest | Vital Football

The National Media and Forest

Pearced

Vital 1st Team Regular
I see the media is all about Leeds annual demise and next to nothing about Forest. All the forecasts are WBA, Fulham , Brentford and what great football they play. Same with the pundits (that failed ex Forest player Prutton for one) I hope we get into the top 2 just to rub their noses in it. Having said that, staying out of the limelight could well work in our favour. It's still irritating though.

I see the media is all about Leeds annual demise and next to nothing about Forest. All the forecasts are WBA, Fulham , Brentford and what great football they play. Same with the pundits (that failed ex Forest player Prutton for one) I hope we get into the top 2 just to rub their noses in it. Having said that, staying out of the limelight could well work in our favour. It's still irritating though.

And that's the way .. aha aha ... I like it.

I agree, but I'm quite happy for Forest to go under the radar.

I think Forest quite like going under the radar a bit as well.

Nobody is really paying any attention to them and the pundits are always analysing what the opposition did wrong rather than what Forest have done right. We just keep mooching along picking up points (admittedly chucking a few away as well) and just hanging around like that bad smell that is always there but no one knows where it's come from or how to get rid of it.

Guardian's 10 talking points from the weekend addressed exactly this and focused on forest

5) Forest facing a pivotal week

As Leeds sank to a fifth defeat in six games on Saturday the obvious response was to marvel at yet another late-season collapse from a Marcelo Bielsa side. But Bielsa gets enough attention: credit should instead go to the Nottingham Forest team who are currently everything Leeds are not: resolute, ruthless and gathering real momentum. Sabri Lamouchi may not preach the snazzy football of his more illustrious peers but he has put together a tireless outfit, who are nine points better off than at this stage last season, and his use of Joe Lolley as a high-pressing destroyer on Saturday was proof that he is no mug when it comes to tactics either. Crucially, though, his team do not let nerves get to them. Of their seven games against the rest of the current top six, Forest have won four, drawn two and lost just one – and that due to a freak Matt Phillips goal on the opening day. But now a pivotal week looms: on Tuesday Forest take on Charlton under the lights at the City Ground, where a win could take Lamouchi’s side to second, and after that, it’s away to the leaders. They’re not out of the woods yet. Alex Hess

5) Forest facing a pivotal week

As Leeds sank to a fifth defeat in six games on Saturday the obvious response was to marvel at yet another late-season collapse from a Marcelo Bielsa side. But Bielsa gets enough attention: credit should instead go to the Nottingham Forest team who are currently everything Leeds are not: resolute, ruthless and gathering real momentum. Sabri Lamouchi may not preach the snazzy football of his more illustrious peers but he has put together a tireless outfit, who are nine points better off than at this stage last season, and his use of Joe Lolley as a high-pressing destroyer on Saturday was proof that he is no mug when it comes to tactics either. Crucially, though, his team do not let nerves get to them. Of their seven games against the rest of the current top six, Forest have won four, drawn two and lost just one – and that due to a freak Matt Phillips goal on the opening day. But now a pivotal week looms: on Tuesday Forest take on Charlton under the lights at the City Ground, where a win could take Lamouchi’s side to second, and after that, it’s away to the leaders. They’re not out of the woods yet. Alex Hess
Nice to see someone in the press noticed it!

Not just the press either, the bookies are even undervaluing us. I have a massive windfall to come if we finish top from a bet from a couple of months ago (that is looking more and more possible) and they were giving 3 to 1 or even better for us to beat Leeds on Saturday. (Which I didn't have time to take)
It is a massive oversight in my opinion but I'm not complaining.

Not just the press either, the bookies are even undervaluing us. I have a massive windfall to come if we finish top from a bet from a couple of months ago (that is looking more and more possible) and they were giving 3 to 1 or even better for us to beat Leeds on Saturday. (Which I didn't have time to take)
It is a massive oversight in my opinion but I'm not complaining.

Even a few Leeds fans discussed how ridiculous those odds were.

Radio five have just done a 5 minute segment on "the six exciting matches being played in the Championship tonight".

4 mins 30 seconds was on Leeds. 30 seconds on Brentford. No other teams mentioned

Radio five have just done a 5 minute segment on "the six exciting matches being played in the Championship tonight".

4 mins 30 seconds was on Leeds. 30 seconds on Brentford. No other teams mentioned

If they were playing I’d expect some mention of Wayne Rooney’s Direby and their resurgence since he arrived.