£90k so far - not to be sniffed at! | Vital Football

£90k so far - not to be sniffed at!

GRSGimmer

Vital Squad Member
Ok in some ways it is money for old rope in the first 2 rounds if you are lucky enough to get through - £36k and £54k but should we get a plum in round 3 then it is another £135k. It all helps with the running costs budget.

We also got £12.5K for today`s BBC coverage.

Funny thing is. It was advertised as being shown in full abroad (outside UK) wasn’t it?

Here in Oz it wasn’t shown anywhere I could find. I’ve got Foxsports which carries BeinSport, ESPN, Sky, SBS and ABC (locals that often take BBC content). Zilch.

Even have the BBC app. Nothing on there. After the game it put up a video of highlights. When I clicked on it I got the message “Not available in your location”. WTF??

good old Wayne, I have come to the conclusion that you are a closet racist. you must be, by accusing everyone else of being a racist. You are a classic example of Anna Freuds reaction formation. You use your attacks as a defence mechanism to hide your in built racism, which you hate in yourself. I wouldn't be surprised to find that you were a grand wizard in the Klan. wouldn't surprise me at all.

good old Wayne, I have come to the conclusion that you are a closet racist. you must be, by accusing everyone else of being a racist. You are a classic example of Anna Freuds reaction formation. You use your attacks as a defence mechanism to hide your in built racism, which you hate in yourself. I wouldn't be surprised to find that you were a grand wizard in the Klan. wouldn't surprise me at all.

Agree that £90k is not to be sneezed at. Good money.

Wait, what....?
Have I missed something or is this thread also going to be turned into a political/racist/Brexit (delete as appropriate) thread?

I've yet to see the goals. BBC unavailable. You tube searches yield spotty youths chuntering on about looking forward to the game. Maybe tomorrow.

The money in obviously helped as the club has now announced the ST refund vouchers will be available for collection from today at the club.

As I understand we don't get FA Cup prize money until the end of the season, so it is of no use to us for this season. A big club away in the third round will be useful for this seasons finances.

As I understand we don't get FA Cup prize money until the end of the season, so it is of no use to us for this season. A big club away in the third round will be useful for this seasons finances.

I`m not sure about that, TheRoone, but stand to be corrected.
My understanding is that any prize money due, from the First Rnd Proper is paid within a week of the club exiting the competition.

With regard to gate money, which, for e.g could be hundreds of thousands (£) in the case of a Prem Club we might visit, would have to be paid to the "visitors" within a fortnight.

I saw the club were advertising for a sales and marketing manager today, so I guess the budget for that extra wage has been helped by the Cup prize money so far.

I saw the club were advertising for a sales and marketing manager today, so I guess the budget for that extra wage has been helped by the Cup prize money so far.
How do you know its an extra wage? Could well be an existing role that now needs filling as the previous employees left (for whatever reason, but most likely because he hates scally, of course 😉).

How do you know its an extra wage? Could well be an existing role that now needs filling as the previous employees left (for whatever reason, but most likely because he hates scally, of course 😉).
That’s true, they seem to come and go like the wind anyway. I recall one previous occupant of the role was the guy in charge of sales/marketing at the Roko gym / health club on the top road. He didn’t stay for long.