Who next? | Page 28 | Vital Football

Who next?

I would still like Campbell to be considered for the role. If he’s not the right man then so be it but I think he did well enough at Macclesfield to be given the chance to highlight his plan for us should he be interested.

Did well at Macclesfield, but would be a bit patronising to interview him without him really being in the frame for the job.
He needs to get a slightly better gig than Macclesfield and show he can produce a successful side, then maybe next time.
Been wrong before though, maybe this would be that chance, but I doubt it.

Did well at Macclesfield, but would be a bit patronising to interview him without him really being in the frame for the job.
He needs to get a slightly better gig than Macclesfield and show he can produce a successful side, then maybe next time.
Been wrong before though, maybe this would be that chance, but I doubt it.
Yeah I think he should be in the frame. It is a bigger ask true, but I think a fairer chance - as in he has a better chance of achieving our goals than he did at Macclesfield

Yeah I think he should be in the frame. It is a bigger ask true, but I think a fairer chance - as in he has a better chance of achieving our goals than he did at Macclesfield

Would absolutely hate Campbell coming.

Nigel Adkins...um maybe...I'd give him a chance without being too confident or enthused. That bet seems worth a shout.

Can't see Ainsworth happening, purely because he's got a contract until 2023. The compensation required would probably be even more than we got for the Cowleys. Flynn's contract meanwhile runs until the end of the season. I think Flynn is nailed on.
He may well have a release clause rather like the Cowleys that would be less than compensating for the duration of his contract.

Flynn seems to be making a move in the odds today.

It's a yo-yo at the top of the betting between Flynn and Ainsworth, although Culverhouse seems too have come back into the reckoning, now just 6s. Although I would not be keen on his appointment, the 20s on Adkins looks quite a nice little, just-in-case bet, as he does (admittedly) tick some of the boxes.