Match Thread: Salford City v Villa U21s - EFL Trophy - Tues 3rd Sept, 7:45pm | Vital Football

Match Thread: Salford City v Villa U21s - EFL Trophy - Tues 3rd Sept, 7:45pm

DeanoVilla

One Bloody Number
So it may be an international break but thanks to the EFL trophy we still get another Villa fix before the Internationals next weekend.

Tomorrow see's our U21's travel to Salford City in the first round of group games.

Looking at the rules for selection criteria it states -

For invited teams
  • Minimum of six players in the starting line-up who played at under-21 level, as at 30 June 2018.
  • Teams may only include two players on the team sheet, aged over 21, who have made forty or more senior appearances, as at 30 June 2018.
    • A senior appearance will be defined as having played in a professional first-team fixture. A non-playing substitute does not count.

By my reckoning that means we can play any 2 seniors regardless of age who need a few minutes under their belts (and aren't away on international duty)....

Steer? Hause? Kodjia?

I think Davis qualifies anyway as he's still 21 and only played 39 times for the senior team.... so with him we can effectively field 3 seniors.

I'd go Steer, Hause and Davis.

Steer
Walker
Suliman
Hause
Bridge
Ramsay
Clarke
Birch
Archer
Wright
Davis

Sorted. Easy Villa win.

Salford are unbeaten so far this season, but are also without a win so far this season having drawn all 4 of their opening 4 League 2 games against Leyton Orient, Carlisle, Plymouth and Port Vale.

So get your money on the draw.

Easy 9 - 0 to the mighty Villa Deano. Put you house on it (actually, dont, I'm not very high up on the points table this season).

Looking forward to this , just finished watching the documentary on Salford , really good watch , Gary Neville came across great in it , Tin hat on

Worth remembering that Bury were supposed to be in our group, so we are now in a 3 team group with just Salford and Tranmere

I see there are streams for this but it will cost you a tenner.

Don't think I'll pay that to see the U-21s, but more power to Salford for setting up their own stream and charging for it. I remember Shamrock Rovers did the same playing a Europa League tie a few weeks ago.

I want to see Indiana Vasilev and Mungo Bridge because with names as good as that they've got to he brilliant.

Thought we may have seen a couple of the seniors. Couldn't have done any harm giving Steer, Davis and Hause some minutes surely?